Home

Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed, Includes All-New Franchise Mode & Draft Champions

This is a discussion on Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed, Includes All-New Franchise Mode & Draft Champions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2016, 02:53 PM   #33
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed, Includes All-New Franchise Mode & Draft Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Man we hockey gamers are so bad....my self included at times. They used an incredible amount of words? If it was a short article with limited info we would crush them for that. Say nothing we kill them, say something we call them liars......NHL 16 albeit next gen NHL 14 was not a bad game. Can't we just wait until the game comes out at least before we drop the usual insults and complaints on them?
I try not to be overly negative without reason. But, I'd be lying if I said I didn't get tired of the usual "MOST INNOVATIVE GAME YET!" that we see. I know why they do it, and I don't expect them not to...I guess I just get worn out with the car salesman side of the game sales.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:23 PM   #34
Rookie

ChubbyD's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed, Includes All-New Franchise Mode & Draft Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Is NHL 16 bad? Is it worth picking up at a discount?
It absolutely is. There are many things to take issue with it, but it is still the best version out there. The AI isn't perfect, but read this thread for how to make it better: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ght-stick.html Try some sliders, see what works. I am using a slight variation of the default hardcore/All-star sliders, and the game is a blast. You don't get all the positives in these threads, because what fun is that? Even MLB The Show, which is awesome, seems like it might not be great scrolling thru those threads. The difference there is the complaining is REALLY nitpicky, where we are trying to find some fundamental improvements to the NHL series.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:39 PM   #35
Rookie

Slegr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed in Latest Survey

Draft champions over GM Connected, the NHL series in a nutshell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 02:46 PM   #36
MVP

actionhank's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slegr
Draft champions over GM Connected, the NHL series in a nutshell.
I think the issue was that from EA's standpoint, GM Connected wasn't really played by many people...but at the same time, part of that problem is likely due to the fact that GM Connected was poorly developed and not really fun to play for most.

If they had a better version, the ability to shorten season length, and more features to draw people in, it could really be a great game mode to play. I would love to get a league together with friends, or people from here, and maybe set it up to where you can sim until teams play each other, assuming both players agree to play the game, but admittedly, it's probably a lot of work for a game mode that they don't think people will play.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:09 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
I think the issue was that from EA's standpoint, GM Connected wasn't really played by many people...but at the same time, part of that problem is likely due to the fact that GM Connected was poorly developed and not really fun to play for most.

If they had a better version, the ability to shorten season length, and more features to draw people in, it could really be a great game mode to play. I would love to get a league together with friends, or people from here, and maybe set it up to where you can sim until teams play each other, assuming both players agree to play the game, but admittedly, it's probably a lot of work for a game mode that they don't think people will play.
This.

If GM Connected wasn't a shell of an option, I think more people would have enjoyed it.
I'm sure if they found a way to include micro-transactions to turn a buck, we'd still have it today.
Old 06-02-2016, 04:54 PM   #38
MVP

shogunofharlem3's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
This.

If GM Connected wasn't a shell of an option, I think more people would have enjoyed it.
I'm sure if they found a way to include micro-transactions to turn a buck, we'd still have it today.
And if it didn't take 15 minutes to sim between weeks to get your block of games and then I can't even begin to tell you the frustration I had at the hours spent trying to sim to the next season. It was ludicrous the load times. That was a major deterrent for us.

We get a few hours a week to play tops! We don't want to spend have of that time in loading sim screens waiting for the next block. That was brutal
Old 06-06-2016, 11:39 AM   #39
Pro

Arrowhead21's Arena

OVR: 1

What's funny about the whole GM Connected debacle is how they like to claim its demise was due to users not playing it - but they haven't seemed to awknowledge the REASON why users weren't playing it - which was the devs inability to optimize the mode in any shape or form.
NBA:Toronto Raptors
MLB:Toronto Blue Jays
NCAAF:Oregon Ducks
NCAAB:Kansas Jayhawks
Old 06-06-2016, 12:38 PM   #40
MVP

actionhank's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
And if it didn't take 15 minutes to sim between weeks to get your block of games and then I can't even begin to tell you the frustration I had at the hours spent trying to sim to the next season. It was ludicrous the load times. That was a major deterrent for us.

We get a few hours a week to play tops! We don't want to spend have of that time in loading sim screens waiting for the next block. That was brutal
Hell, simming offline is frustrating in it's own right. I wish I could just give my scouts a general plan "Find me defenders in North America, and Russian forwards. Check Finland for Goalies" and not have them bother me every week with information that is pretty much worthless in the game anyhow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »