Home

Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed, Includes All-New Franchise Mode & Draft Champions

This is a discussion on Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed, Includes All-New Franchise Mode & Draft Champions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2016, 12:11 PM   #49
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed, Includes All-New Franchise Mode & Draft Champ

Someone posted this in the comments below one of the articles on NHL 17...
Create a team vs. relocation. Obviously the relocation only has 15 cities, and he said for Franchise mode. Is everyone thinking that means our created team, can't be played in franchise, but that we'll have to relocate? I was looking forward to creating a new team, sub them out for a crappy, existing team, and play that way.
Old 06-16-2016, 12:11 PM   #50
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

Re: Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed, Includes All-New Franchise Mode & Draft Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoofrice11
Someone posted this in the comments below one of the articles on NHL 17...
Create a team vs. relocation. Obviously the relocation only has 15 cities, and he said for Franchise mode. Is everyone thinking that means our created team, can't be played in franchise, but that we'll have to relocate? I was looking forward to creating a new team, sub them out for a crappy, existing team, and play that way.
Anyone know more about how creating teams will work?
I hope that the above is not the case on having to relocate after a year and mess with that. I just want to be able to replace teams with my created teams.

It needs to be like MyLeague in NBA 2K16 where you can upload images and then replace teams in the League. (One thing 2K16 needed was though to be able to create your team before starting your Franchise and being able to use your logo/jerseys/stadium instead of having to create all of that after you start and re-doing it if you want to start over.
- Also, they need to have it where you can edit draft classes.

I am trying to decide on if I want to get NHL or Madden this year and was leaning towards NHL, but that could get me to change my mind.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:48 PM   #51
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Anyone know more about how creating teams will work?
I hope that the above is not the case on having to relocate after a year and mess with that. I just want to be able to replace teams with my created teams.

It needs to be like MyLeague in NBA 2K16 where you can upload images and then replace teams in the League. (One thing 2K16 needed was though to be able to create your team before starting your Franchise and being able to use your logo/jerseys/stadium instead of having to create all of that after you start and re-doing it if you want to start over.
- Also, they need to have it where you can edit draft classes.

I am trying to decide on if I want to get NHL or Madden this year and was leaning towards NHL, but that could get me to change my mind.
I think the most frustrating aspect of the NHL series (from my personal standpoint) is that it's completely devolved from a Pre-order ASAP title to one where I wait for a few days after it's released to see what some of the posters around here think of it.

I've just grown so tired of the way the core gameplay works that without certain features I know I get bored after a few months. The new sliders show some promise, but without the ability to share rosters that they still lack for some reason, it's really hard to commit to the game.

Personally, I would recommend holding out on the NHL title and seeing what people on here think. A lot of people felt burned by NHL15, because everyone was promised the sky, but no gameplay footage ever really showed up. Then when it finally did, people started to see what was going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2016, 06:04 PM   #52
Pro

spoofrice11's Arena

I always do Fantasy Drafts for my Franchise's so I can have my favorite players and stuff.

I haven't gotten a hockey game for a few years, they still have this feature when you start your Franchise, right?
Old 06-29-2016, 02:03 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I always do Fantasy Drafts for my Franchise's so I can have my favorite players and stuff.

I haven't gotten a hockey game for a few years, they still have this feature when you start your Franchise, right?
yup, it's still in the game
Old 07-08-2016, 10:17 AM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusparm
yup, it's still in the game
I'd love it if they allowed us to create a league with fake players, ala OOTP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »