Home

Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed, Includes All-New Franchise Mode & Draft Champions

This is a discussion on Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed, Includes All-New Franchise Mode & Draft Champions within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-06-2016, 12:44 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Some More NHL 17 Features Revealed in Latest Survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
Hell, simming offline is frustrating in it's own right. I wish I could just give my scouts a general plan "Find me defenders in North America, and Russian forwards. Check Finland for Goalies" and not have them bother me every week with information that is pretty much worthless in the game anyhow.
Would be awesome if there was a way for the game to upload the information so you can view it online - similar to OOTP.

I'm still waiting for a sports game that allows me to manage my team online so when I get home, I only have to be concerned about playing the games.
How great would it be to make trades, call players up and down from the farm or alter lines while at work?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2016, 02:37 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSDShoes
Franchise should involve arena costs, ticket/food pricing, team relocation, coach/scouts/training staff hiring/firing, etc etc. Madden had this for quite some time before.
Really? Ticket prices? As a 100% Be a GM player, I'd settle for decent scouting & development options
Old 06-08-2016, 03:09 PM   #43
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar5
Really? Ticket prices? As a 100% Be a GM player, I'd settle for decent scouting & development options

I don't understand why ticket prices and concessions and such are an enjoyable addition to a HOCKEY game. If the game was perfect, sure whatever, but reading the answers to ASK EA about NHL 17, they stated that mid season contract negotiations are still not in GM mode. Okay, great. I can't extend my players during the season, but I can change the price of a hot dog. Why? Why would I want that?
Old 06-08-2016, 03:18 PM   #44
Pro

Although nearly positive it will go ignored, I just submitted the following to ASK EA:

RE: Be A GM/Franchise Mode:
Why did EA choose to prioritize non-hockey related activities such as determining ticket and concession prices rather than include things like mid-season contract extensions or improved scouting and player development? It seems completely counter intuitive to add such non-essential features - luxuries, you could say - while the game still lacks fundamental aspects of roster management. Help me understand.
Old 06-08-2016, 03:24 PM   #45
MVP

mikeq672's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
I don't understand why ticket prices and concessions and such are an enjoyable addition to a HOCKEY game. If the game was perfect, sure whatever, but reading the answers to ASK EA about NHL 17, they stated that mid season contract negotiations are still not in GM mode. Okay, great. I can't extend my players during the season, but I can change the price of a hot dog. Why? Why would I want that?
Thats the EA way, they arent competent enough to fix what needs to be fixed or add what people want, so they add stupid minor **** like that and pretend its a selling feature. Their entire advertising and marketing campaign just gets rehashed every other year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2016, 10:41 PM   #46
Rookie

Caniac94's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Thats the EA way, they arent competent enough to fix what needs to be fixed or add what people want, so they add stupid minor **** like that and pretend its a selling feature. Their entire advertising and marketing campaign just gets rehashed every other year.
And because of that they have just about lost me and maybe many others. I'm not gonna buy the game every year with their approach to things. Heck there's people who've stopped buying the series completely. I'm an every other year guy and soon I might stop buying altogether too. Until the gameplay and things like AI get the attention they deserve anyway. The same crap gets regurgitated every year and I really don't have any hype for the NHL series like I used to. This year has been bad. I just go "meh" at every new announcement because I know exactly what EA are gonna say (or not say rather) and I've been right for the most part.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:28 AM   #47
Rookie

Reff99's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose24x
Although nearly positive it will go ignored, I just submitted the following to ASK EA:

RE: Be A GM/Franchise Mode:
Why did EA choose to prioritize non-hockey related activities such as determining ticket and concession prices rather than include things like mid-season contract extensions or improved scouting and player development? It seems completely counter intuitive to add such non-essential features - luxuries, you could say - while the game still lacks fundamental aspects of roster management. Help me understand.
You should post that question on EA's Facebook, you'd probably be more likely to get an answer if many people like your comment.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:17 AM   #48
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Would be awesome if there was a way for the game to upload the information so you can view it online - similar to OOTP.

I'm still waiting for a sports game that allows me to manage my team online so when I get home, I only have to be concerned about playing the games.
How great would it be to make trades, call players up and down from the farm or alter lines while at work?
Honestly, the lack of utilizing the online world in general is pretty surprising.

We've got the ability to upload all sorts of things (Rosters, 'skins' for jerseys, helmets, ice rinks, boards, hell everything in game with a texture, down to player faces could be re-done) and use them in game.

With the right tools, guys could at least edit and share rosters via their PC. Editing textures and thousands of rosters and player stats sucks via a console. Controllers were never meant to do that. But, give me a little bit of time and Photoshop, and I'd be more than happy to help recreate some new jerseys for players or teams. Imagine being able to import a logo that you created in illustrator, or an entire jersey, then using it in game with your custom team. You could use that logo on the ice, make some separate smaller shoulder patches. All sorts of cool things.

We have so much technology at our disposal in the year 2016, and more people than ever have incredible access to the internet all over their homes. We need to be able to use that power.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »