Home

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

This is a discussion on STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360 within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2008, 11:54 PM   #65
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS: HOW TO GET LATEST ROSTERS ON 360

So is there a clear method to transfering rosters using Vista that someone can post...a step by step using vista? That would be great cause I have been at this for weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 12:34 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ok so I was able to transfer rosters using Vista. Follow the steps mentioned by the guy in this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nto-xport.html

Quote:
I had the same problem using Vista. Worked on this problem for a whole weekend . You have to insert the file by right clicking with your mouse. Can't use the software issued with Xport . You have to use the 360 explorerer that can be downloaded from i believe gamesaves.com. If this isn't the right sight it can be found on many of the post on this sight. All this said and done... you might have to insert the files one at a time because when I tried to insert all four files at once they would stop at a certain point. Found this out after trial n error. And last but not least make sure you unszipp all files. I used winrar. If this doesn't work (last resort ) use a system that runs Windows XP... used it at work with now problems what soever. It recognized the hard drive and the memmory card module right off the bat using Xport softeware and was able to drag and drop. Hope this work for ya'll I would hate for anyone to go back to playin Madden because they can't get this file to load. Good luck
You need to use Xplorer360, not Xport. Drag and drop won't work, you have to the use the menu options built into the program. Add a new folder in the correct spot (just follow the guide in the first post of this topic) and rename it the same as the folder of the roster you are trying to transfer. To rename a folder, double click the title of the folder (the text part, not the icon part) and then you can edit the name. Then insert the correct files into the folder and you should be all set. I am using Vista Home Premium 64-bit in case anyone was wondering. You need to Run as Administrator when opening the program. To do this, right click and select Run as Administrator. From what I can tell, the program wont detect your hard drive unless you do this.

Last edited by chaseutley; 08-30-2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:36 AM   #67
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseutley
Ok so I was able to transfer rosters using Vista. Follow the steps mentioned by the guy in this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nto-xport.html

You need to use Xplorer360, not Xport. Drag and drop won't work, you have to the use the menu options built into the program. Add a new folder in the correct spot (just follow the guide in the first post of this topic) and rename it the same as the folder of the roster you are trying to transfer. To rename a folder, double click the title of the folder (the text part, not the icon part) and then you can edit the name. Then insert the correct files into the folder and you should be all set. I am using Vista Home Premium 64-bit in case anyone was wondering. You need to Run as Administrator when opening the program. To do this, right click and select Run as Administrator. From what I can tell, the program wont detect your hard drive unless you do this.
So let me get this straight..there is no drag and drop when using vista? Do I have to insert files or folders in xploerer360? Are you saying to create a new folder and move the data that I want to transfer from its original folder into the new folder on my desktop? Or am I creating a new folder within the xplorer360? If it is in the xplorer360 do I create the folder on the left or right side of the program? Also when I insert will it be a folder or individual files?
Old 08-30-2008, 04:14 PM   #68
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

I am freaking out!

Here is what is going on now with this whole deal..

I think everyone knows I am using Vista. So I am using xplorer360 to try to transfer the roster files. I have my roster downloaded and I have deleted the datel.info file like some have suggested. I open my xplorer and go to udata, it shows the folder starting with the 5....# which is the 2k5 save. Now inside that folder is the 19FA1AF775EF folder with the EXTRA, SAVEGAME.DAT etc..So in explorer I get the 5....# folder so show up in the right panel. I right click on that and hit insert. Go to the file that is saved on my desktop that is the same numberd folder and it actually inserts into the right panel. That should be it right? Nope..so I turn on my 360 and when the game pops up and says to hit start it just freezes there. Then I go into my HDD without the game in the system and erase the saved file for 2k5 and now I can get back into the game. I go into rosters and make a save to try again. This time in xplorer I click on the 5...# folder so it shows the 19F....folder in the right panel. I hit insert and go to that same folder on my desktop and in starts in inject into that folder in xplorer. That should be it right? Nope..try to start my game and when I hit start it freezes. So I am getting the transfer so it seems but it is just freezing my game. Anyone run into this? I know I am hopeless but I am determined to figure this out. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:34 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
I am freaking out!

Here is what is going on now with this whole deal..

I think everyone knows I am using Vista. So I am using xplorer360 to try to transfer the roster files. I have my roster downloaded and I have deleted the datel.info file like some have suggested. I open my xplorer and go to udata, it shows the folder starting with the 5....# which is the 2k5 save. Now inside that folder is the 19FA1AF775EF folder with the EXTRA, SAVEGAME.DAT etc..So in explorer I get the 5....# folder so show up in the right panel. I right click on that and hit insert. Go to the file that is saved on my desktop that is the same numberd folder and it actually inserts into the right panel. That should be it right? Nope..so I turn on my 360 and when the game pops up and says to hit start it just freezes there. Then I go into my HDD without the game in the system and erase the saved file for 2k5 and now I can get back into the game. I go into rosters and make a save to try again. This time in xplorer I click on the 5...# folder so it shows the 19F....folder in the right panel. I hit insert and go to that same folder on my desktop and in starts in inject into that folder in xplorer. That should be it right? Nope..try to start my game and when I hit start it freezes. So I am getting the transfer so it seems but it is just freezing my game. Anyone run into this? I know I am hopeless but I am determined to figure this out. Thanks!
SAVE THE 19FA1AF775EF SUB FOLDER INSIDE THE 53450030 TO YOUR DESKTOP AND TRANSFER IT TO THE HDD

insert 19FA1AF775EF folder into the right side of the gamesave 5... folder on the xplorer...
so when you are going through the hdd in the xplorer software you will do all the xbox1 compatible>udata... to the 5...# which is the 2k5 gamesave... you are going to insert the 19FA1AF775EF into that...
I HAD THE FREEZING PROBLEM AS WELL BC I DID THE EXACT SAME THINGS YOU JUST MENTIONED BUT WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU SHOULD WORK...

There are 2 folders that you download when you download a roster... the xbox1 folder and the actual save folder... WORRY ABOUT THE 19FA1AF775EF SUB FOLDER INSIDE THE 53450030 FOLDER, NOT THE ACTUAL WHOLE FOLDER ITSELF. THE 19FA1AF775EF FOLDER IS WHAT YOU NEED.
NOW BC YOU HAVE A 360 YOU DO NOT NEED TO COPY OVER THE XBOX1 FOLDER TO THE HDD. THAT IS WHY IN MY DIRECTIONS I TELL YOU TO OPEN THAT AND GET THE 19FA1AF775EF FOLDER WHICH IS THE ACTUAL SAVE. 360 USERS ONLY NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THAT FOLDER WHEN DOWNLOADING A ROSTER FILE... NOT THE 53450030 FOLDER.
THAT SHOULD DO IT

Last edited by johnnyg713; 08-30-2008 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:25 PM   #70
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
SAVE THE 19FA1AF775EF SUB FOLDER INSIDE THE 53450030 TO YOUR DESKTOP AND TRANSFER IT TO THE HDD

insert 19FA1AF775EF folder into the right side of the gamesave 5... folder on the xplorer...
so when you are going through the hdd in the xplorer software you will do all the xbox1 compatible>udata... to the 5...# which is the 2k5 gamesave... you are going to insert the 19FA1AF775EF into that...
I HAD THE FREEZING PROBLEM AS WELL BC I DID THE EXACT SAME THINGS YOU JUST MENTIONED BUT WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU SHOULD WORK...

There are 2 folders that you download when you download a roster... the xbox1 folder and the actual save folder... WORRY ABOUT THE 19FA1AF775EF SUB FOLDER INSIDE THE 53450030 FOLDER, NOT THE ACTUAL WHOLE FOLDER ITSELF. THE 19FA1AF775EF FOLDER IS WHAT YOU NEED.
NOW BC YOU HAVE A 360 YOU DO NOT NEED TO COPY OVER THE XBOX1 FOLDER TO THE HDD. THAT IS WHY IN MY DIRECTIONS I TELL YOU TO OPEN THAT AND GET THE 19FA1AF775EF FOLDER WHICH IS THE ACTUAL SAVE. 360 USERS ONLY NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THAT FOLDER WHEN DOWNLOADING A ROSTER FILE... NOT THE 53450030 FOLDER.
THAT SHOULD DO IT
ok so I think I am close to this but something is not quite right yet. I followed the steps..I see the 5..# gamesave folder on the right side and have the 19...folder on my desktop. I right click the 5...folder that is on the right side of the xplorer and hit insert folder..go to my folder 19...and hit open..it starts injecting files and gets through that just fine..so i open that 5...folder to see if the data changed to confirm the download and it is the same. Now I am finding that when it injects the folder even though I am injecting into the 5...folder it creates that 19....folder with the updated info on the left side of xplorer under the xbox1. Very stragne! I am able to pull the inof into the xplorer now but it is going to the wrong spot. LOL any suggestions as to why it is doing that and how do I get it into the 5...folder? Thanks!
Old 08-31-2008, 08:23 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
ok so I think I am close to this but something is not quite right yet. I followed the steps..I see the 5..# gamesave folder on the right side and have the 19...folder on my desktop. I right click the 5...folder that is on the right side of the xplorer and hit insert folder..go to my folder 19...and hit open..it starts injecting files and gets through that just fine..so i open that 5...folder to see if the data changed to confirm the download and it is the same. Now I am finding that when it injects the folder even though I am injecting into the 5...folder it creates that 19....folder with the updated info on the left side of xplorer under the xbox1. Very stragne! I am able to pull the inof into the xplorer now but it is going to the wrong spot. LOL any suggestions as to why it is doing that and how do I get it into the 5...folder? Thanks!
Go a step further my man... open the 5... folder BEFORE you insert the 19... folder.. I think you are inserting before you open up the 2k5 gamesave file.. so actually make sure that you open the 5... folder and it is on the left side not the right.. meaning the right side is actuallly what should be inside the 5... folder and the 19.. will show up there

Last edited by johnnyg713; 08-31-2008 at 08:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #72
Pro

boooey's Arena

OVR: 14

wow. people are actually selling these Microsoft "Free" transfer cables for $50 on ebay.

amazing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »