Home

Madden 24 Online CFM - 10YF Falcons (PS5)

This is a discussion on Madden 24 Online CFM - 10YF Falcons (PS5) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-21-2023, 05:52 AM   #57
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 24 Online CFM - 10YF Falcons (PS5)

Coach Mac Season End press conference

Well we did not make the playoffs and this is not the season outcome we expected.
We were 5-3 mid season. In a lot of aspects this season might be seen as a waste but it will not be a waste if we use the experience learned to get better next season.

10YF is an amazing environment to play Madden online, the best I ever played in since 2004, so no matter what, our determination to get things the right way is second to none. There is not a better place for me than being the 10YF Falcons user and I feel blessed, truly, to be part of this league. And that is why we battle time differences to be there.

There has been a controversy league wise regarding the end of the Chiefs game what can you tell us about it ?

Most of the controversy is a bit dumb. I mean, I have been in this league since 2016. We have never, here in Atlanta or in the past in Jacksonville, blamed anyone outside of our own organisation for our own fate. If you miss the playoffs it is because you were not good enough to be in. Period.

I mean I could not care less of other 31 teams and what they do or don’t do.
For me the final outcome of this game was detrimental to the 10 YF Falcons and that is all what matters.

And still on this, lot of blame has been put on the decision to not kick that field goal in the final seconds of regular time, and for fair reasons. But have you guys looked at the final KC Chiefs drive ? KC scored two TDs and made a 2 points conversion in less than 5 minutes. They survived a 4&17 down and converted their 2 points from the 10 yards because of a penalty.

I mean, for us, there is a LOT to learn from this game and far more than “don’t snap the ball with only 11s left on the clock because you wont have time to spike”….

On what we can do better

I will start by saying what we won’t do. The last thing we need is a change of playbook and coordinator.

I think our scheme especially on offense is the best we can have. We may change one set, as per league rules, but that is about it. Continuity in the offensive scheme is what will give us a first chance to improve.
On defence I think overall we had quite a positive year. We have the 6th defence in the league (PPG) now I think we still have way to improve to basically play better some situational football.

So continuity is the pre-requisite and then consistency in playcall and execution will be key, and, it starts by not taking sim losses because we cannot play the game. This league is too competitive to allow 3 losses in a single season and make the POs.

On potential quarterback controversy

I think that is one of the things we definitely could have done better.
We started the season with Desmond, then we had the opportunity to add Levis to the roster and everyone, starting from practices, was literally blown away by his quick release.

Then we all know there is a business aspect in this game and that Desmond is a projected UFA after 2025 season… Levis was willing to sign for a bargain deal and he was seen as the future QB and started for us a few games.
Now in the end Ridder eventually came back and overall I think this team performs better with Ridder. His release is definitely not as good, but overall, his contribution is I believe better.

So there is no controversy, Desmond is our starter, Levis is our backup for 2025. Nothing controversial.

On roster for 2025

We are going to loose a few good players to free agency.

Jonnu Smith, Mike Hughes, Lorenzo Carter (who made the pro bowl in 2023 but battled I injuries in 24), Richie Grant… all these guys are true professional but this game is all about making tough decisions at times and based on age and skills we did not commit an extension even if their effort for us was AAA on past couple of seasons.

On player personnel decisions

We knew that 2025 was going to be a challenging season cap wise. We have to remain quiet cause 2026 is a critical year for us with lots of core young talents projected to enter free agency and we want to resign some of them.
The good news is that our cap forecast gives us about 100 million of budget to resign our core talents.

Players that will never be FA “no matter what”: Ze Allien (i.e Kyle Pitts), Ze half allien (i.e. Andersen).

Then we look to extend Drake London who I think is a very good asset for our offense. He has an option for 17M next season, we need to figure out whether we take it and delay a long term extension discussion to 2026 (based on 2027 cap figure), or, if we propose a long term extension in 25.

Then, of course, last but not least, Desmond Ridder. I clearly would like to extend his contract and keep him as our starter for the rest of the cycle. Now, we need to see what his demand will be and that was all the purpose to extend Levis as a king of mitigation plan/insurance policy.

Then there are players who will have to do lot to get an extension, it starts by Ekibetie

You project on extending Ridder and offered 13M a year to Levis as “insurance policy” why not considering to draft a quarterback ?

In this league drafting a rookie QB is a bit of unknown.
You are not sure of his release.
You are not sure of his accuracy (by league commissioner edit).
I don’t like risk or uncertainty. With a veteran at QB what you see what you get.
So we may draft a QB, yes we may, but we don’t want to rely on it for our future. With Levis locked for next 4 years we know what we get worst case.
Ridder is a mobile QB who can make all the throws. His release is mediocre but again we like what we can get from him overall.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace
Old 01-02-2024, 04:54 PM   #58
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Three Falcons selected for the Pro Bowl

3 Falcons were selected for Season 2 Pro Bowl.

TE Kyle Pitts (3rd PB) - 69 rec for 1,219 yards and 11 TDs in 17 games
G Chris Lindstrom (3rd PB) - 974 snaps and 3 sacks allowed in 17 games
CB Jeff Okudah (1st PB) - 88 tkl, 7 TFL, 2.0 sacks, 7 ints, FF, TD in 17 games

Surprise: LB Troy Andersen 159 tkl (league leader for second season in a row), 8 TFL, 2.0 sacks, 12 passes defended, 1 Int did not make the list.

Worth to mention that Jeff Okudah got rewarded fo thr DB of the year award.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace

Last edited by coachmac75; 01-02-2024 at 04:58 PM.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:58 PM   #59
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Falcons Free Agency update

The Falcons confirmed agreement with a couple of veterans at the early stage of the 2025 10YF free agency.

Former Superbowl LV winner (with Tampa Bay) and 8 years veteran tight end O.J.Howard returns to NFC South and will fill the role left by Jonnu Smith to backup "Ze Allien". Howard spent the last two seasons in Tennessee where he caught 7 TDs and joins his 4th 10YF team.

After 7 seasons with the Detroit Lions, Tracy Walker agreed to move to the Falcons. Born in Brunswick, GA, Walker grew up as a Falcons fan and is expected to see playing time in the DB rotation with Bates III and Davis.

On top of these two veterans filling needs ahead of the draft, the Falcons re-signed former Ohio State safety Lathan Ransom who spent most of 2024 season in Falcons practice squad before getting signed by Dallas.

Worth to mention as well that Falcons decided to finally use their 5th year option on Drake London contract locking him to Atlanta for 2026 season. Sources have mentioned that given the current (lack of) appetite from london to settle a long term deal in Georgia, Falcons did not want to take any risk with both Pitts and Andersen projected for FA next season. Having a single franchise tag did ot look like a good enough mitigation plan.

Atlanta roster has now 54 players under contract ahead of the 2025 10YF Draft.

Old 01-08-2024, 05:51 AM   #60
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Falcons 2025 (Seaon 3) 10YF Draft

The Falcons entered the draft with no obvious needs even if preparing depth and replacement on DL and TE looked like a necessity.

With the 10th overall pick and all its 7 rounds, Atlanta made the following moves.

Pick 1.10: Travis Shaw, DT, North Carolina
Height: 6'5
Weight: 346
Dev: Normal

For the second draft in a row the first selection from Falcons is an interior defensive lineman. Grady Jarrett is on a contract year and not getting younger and Shaw has great fundamentals and potential to be effective both against the run and to disrupt the pocket.
Live that pick looked terrible, despite great fundamentals Shaw lacks pure strength but looking at the rest of the class he might have been the best interior DL prospect of the class.
Note: the team passed on talented edge rushers (Stewart and Williams) showing trust to Sawyer and Silver drafted last year.

Grade: C+

Pick 2.10: Jake Johnson, TE, Texas A&M
Weight: 228
Dev: Hidden

The Falcons did not expect to land Johnson in the second round. An advanced pass catcher. Height and catch radius combine with impressive suddenness as a downfield route runner. He is as well a very effective blocker and, paired with "Ze Allien", gives Falcons a great look in 12 personnel or while pushing Pitts to the slot.

Grade: A+

Pick 3.10: Jacob Allen, C, Rutgers
Height: 6'6
Weight: 293

Allen caught scouts eyes during combine and impressed during interviews. Good foot work and foot speed. Effective pulling. He can target defender in space and has body control to make extremely effective blocks. He played both C and T at Rutgers and if he develops his pass protection he may become a starter in this league.

Grade: A-

Pick 4.10: C.j Donaldson, FB, West Virginia
Height: 6'1
Weight: 240

Recruited as a 3 star Tight End by West Virginia Donaldson emerged more as a backfield contributor and an effective runner during his College carreer. Effective while blocking in space he was not projected to be drafted. Was this pick too early ? Maybe but it likely was there or never...

Grade: C

Pick 5.10: Will Rowland, DT, Alabama
Weight: 303

A sudden collapse in the falcons draft room led to that (CPU) pick... Rowland may have a quicker developemnt he willd efinitely need to overcome his absolute lack of skills to disrupt the pocket. Will have a very long road to make the roster.

Grade: D-

Pick 6.10: Travis Moss, G, N.C State
Height: 6'4
Weight: 343

Falcons add some depth to the interior offensive line with that pick. Moss has some potential but will need to prove himsef to deserve a spot in the roster.

Grade: C-

Pick 7.10: Keenan Nelson Jr, CB, South Carolina
Height: 6'1
Weight: 197

Nelson has a great frame with length and changes direction with ease. Now during OTas he exposed coverage skills are close to an edge rusher... may struggle to make the team unless he can contribute in ST.

Grade: D

Last edited by coachmac75; 01-08-2024 at 05:54 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »