Home

Madden 24 Online CFM - 10YF Falcons (PS5)

This is a discussion on Madden 24 Online CFM - 10YF Falcons (PS5) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2023, 06:27 PM   #1
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden 24 Online CFM - 10YF Falcons (PS5)

Introduction

Hi guys, we are about to kickoff the Madden 24 campaign and I will keep following a track started in 2016 by playing within 10 yards Fight online league on PS5.

It is a very active mature and competitive online league on PS5.

Few words about 10YF online league.
  • League was created in 2016 by Kodii and ove rthe years has built a very actfive and solid core of users.
  • It is a 32 users non switch league aiming for simulation football
  • It used to be run from OS but nowadays, like most leagues, it is operated almost exclusively from Discord.
  • I have been playing with that group since 2016 almost exclusively with Jaguars (my favourite team).
  • There are plenty of very interesting rules: floor to resign players, contract restructuration rules, trade comittee, CPB allowed with limits on number of sets you can add... A pretty mature for anyone looking to play a solid online league.
  • Most important it is very active and mature environement to play serious without taking ourselves seriously.

I have not kept an exact track of my record unfortunately (maybe i should start). But one thing is sure, the best i made was Divisional PO which I played a few times... but I could never pass that mark in that league yet.

About myself, I have been playing madden online since Madden 04 always and exclusively in online franchise mode (never ever played MUT cancer mode).
Before 10YF i was for like 4-5 years in 4th1 league where i had one trip to the SB with Jaguars (with a loss), and before that I was playing on PC leagues (where I played and lost SBs with Cardinals, Lions and Browns).

For this campaign I will be with the Atlanta Falcons...
I was initially planned with Jaguars, as usual, but I was tempted to try a team in NFC after such a long time spent in AFC... when the Falcons user (Sueppel) offered a switch...

So this is my Madden 24 story in 10YF league...

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace

Last edited by coachmac75; 08-10-2023 at 06:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2023, 06:48 PM   #2
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Re: Madden 24 Online CFM - 10YF Falcons (PS5)

Falcons preview

This preview was made before the switch between Sueppel and myself but I think it was good to be posted here.

Note: these articles are made by one of the user named AlKhalde and who will play with the Cowboys.

"Sad to say but trades in madden leagues come down to who can take the most advantage of the dumbest users" Jack Wallace

Last edited by coachmac75; 08-10-2023 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2023, 04:52 PM   #3
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Old 08-14-2023, 07:17 PM   #4
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

"You can't really know where you are going until you know where you have been."

After nearly a decade in Jacksonville, Coach Mac surprised 10YF circles by moving 345 miles up north to land in Georgia.

"It was not expected but an opportunity presented and I fairly quickly accepted it. I believe both the Jaguars and myself needed some fresh air and a new start could be beneficial."

"I think this (Falcons) team has some unique traits and of course it starts, but is not limited to, the best player ever designed by EA Sports for Madden NFL.

The question is can we make the best of these assets to end what Atlanta Falcons organisation and myself have in common in the 10YF/SNL: an era of under achievement.
"

Artistic Smashmouth offense

"Thinking of our decade in Jacksonville...

I think on defense we defined a clear identity. We understood, now a while ago, that 34 vs 43 is just pointless discussion. It is all about personnel, fronts, gaps control and coverage patterns.

Now, what we could have done better in Jacksonville is to embrace a clear identity on offense. We changed schemes and coordinators over and over way too frequently.

To eventually not repeat the same mistakes, we need to keep things simple.
This organisation invested three high draft picks in past three years on offensive weapons, we need to make the best use of these weapons.
We need to think what are the best personnel groups, sets and concepts that give us the best chance to succeed with those weapons.

So for me it is clear, one way or the other, there will be some continuity with Coach Smith system and philosophy.
"

It was reported in 10YF medias that quarterback would be an open competition what is your take on this ?

"Open competition is for the press, we all know this is Desmond Ridder team. He is entering a sophomore season and has enough potential for us to feel comfortable with him under the center."

Happy Madden day everyone.

Last edited by coachmac75; 08-14-2023 at 07:30 PM.
Old 08-16-2023, 04:27 AM   #5
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

10YF Falcons training camps opening day highlights

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2023, 09:01 AM   #6
Cupcake Coach

R1zzo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Lmao after that easy drop over the middle and that block on Bijan, WR #17 - I believe is Mack Hollins? - needs to be cut!
Old 08-20-2023, 08:42 AM   #7
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Playbook & Scheme headhache

Key question when getting a new Madden and taking a team in an online league: what scheme do we want to run and how can we translate that scheme in Madden...

Looking at the roster i would really like to develop an offense close to Arthur Smith one based on (wide) zone run setting up play action passing in a good old Mike Shanahan style.

Caveat: Arthur Smith offense use vastly motion to ease the read of the defense. This is mostly not suppported in Madden and of course cannot be replicated.

Personnel wise, we need to make the best use of (the Allien) Kyle Pitts and paired with a solid run production I think we should get a lot of value form 21/12 personnel sets at least having a balance of these sets vs now classic 11 personnel group.

We can see that in 2021 (no stats available online for 22) Falcons irl are really unique in the NFL running balanced personnel groups in 2&7+ downs. I think this roster is arguably with his best look while linning up in 12 personnel.
Worth to mention that our offensive line is probably a top 5 units when it comes to run blocking talent while it would likely drop close to the bottom tier of the league in pass protection. Look at our right tackle Kaleb McGary if you need to be convinced.

Now personnally i have never been much of a PA user and i have not run such an old school pro style offense for the past few years. Recently, I have followed the trend to run a 11 personnel base in a kind of spread system.

Now that the scheme is clear what does it means in Madden playbook terms.

10YF Rules on playbooks

In 10YF we allow custom playbooks (i would not play in a league banishing it anyway) but you cannot add more than 4 sets to an original book (i would not play in a wild CPB league either tbh). So in fact I need to pick an offense base and i can add 4 sets of my choice to the book creating my own version.

The league allows a change during the season but you must fire/replace your coordinator in game and you can do it only once during the season.

Madden implementation dilemna
Madden wise, these are a few playbooks shortlisted with a basically two ways to implement that system I believe nowadays.

• A "modern" version of that system could be implemented out of Baltiore Ravens playbook which has been very unique in Madden for the past couple of years. That means there wont be much of under centre sets and w11e will run a lots of Pistol/Gun sets while still using a balance between 12/21 vs 11 personnel. This system open up lots of opportunitoies for QB option runs.
  • A more "classic" version of that system which could result from choosing either SF, Green Bay or Seattle/Tampa Bay book as base which would still hav e a fair amount of Pistol/Gun sets even in 21/12 personnel. These playbook would be less friendly to setting up QB run option plays.

Worth to mention that with a lot of regrets I am close to give up on Falcons playbook in Madden. Reason is the sets used in madden for I/Pistol are just too limited and look like a poor man version of either SF/TB/Seattle or Baltimore.

Hopefully i wont be messing up my choice.

Last edited by coachmac75; 08-20-2023 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-23-2023, 09:18 AM   #8
MVP

coachmac75's Arena

Scrimmages, sliders and glitches

Like most leagues, 10YF always wait for NFL regular season opener roster update and patch to kickoff the league.

So this is a time for scrimmages to basically validate scheme and, more important, league wise to test gameplay sliders.

Our first scrimmage vs the honourable Alkha, triggered the most frustrating glitch of madden 23. When both teams simply cannot pick a play and run into penalties. We ended by a disconection after few instances of that glitch during the game.

Before that we had what was expected at this stage. A work in progress offense with tons of playmaking potential.
Defense created couple of turnovers and was able to generate pass rush.

But not very pleased that glitch has not been fixed with Madden 24...

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »