Home

We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

This is a discussion on We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14) within the Football Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2015, 06:41 PM   #145
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We have a football team too... Guru's UConn Huskies (NCAA 14)

Claflin, Rishell leaving program

Special Team safety Jeremy Claflin and former walk-on quarterback Will Rishell have both departed the program, according to several sources. Claflin graduated in the spring and likely left the program to pursue personal interests, despite having a year of eligibility left. However, Rishell's destination is unknown at this time. There has been no confirmation as to the reason for the duo's departure.

Though neither were likely to contribute much in 2015, UConn does lose a smart secondary member who was effective in limited time on special teams over the last 2 years, and a QB who was likely to crack the depth chart as a 3rd stringer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Diaco
It's a shame these two will not be returning, but this does give us the option of getting our younger guys a chance on special teams or as a backup this year.
--------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger5204
You're going to have quite the battles with Navy going forward. It seems like them and Army always become powerhouses in Dynasty mode. I'm interested in knowing the ratings of the guys you signed. Good work so far.
First off, thanks for the comment. As evidenced by my terrible loss to Army last year on neutral ground, Navy has a great chance to smoke me, as long as Keenan Reynolds is healthy (he wasn't much of last year). Luckily we landed the game at the Rent. So...bonus there.

I think the military academy dominance is a game glitch, just don't know where or why. (FTR, Army finished ranked last year, Air Force was getting votes, and Navy was also close. We'll see what happens going forward.)

I'll get the ratings on our freshmen in the roster post soon, but there weren't any major surprises off the top of my head. Newell and Robinson I think were the only two above 70 overall...

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

OS' biggest game show nut.

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-07-2017 at 10:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #146
Rookie

Burger5204's Arena

I think the Academy dominance has to do with it's high tradition rating, and their unique offenses. Georgia Tech also seems to dominate with the triple option.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:47 PM   #147
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Ashiru, Stewart, Adeyemi named to preseason All-American team

Jefferson Ashiru in action last year.

WOW!

I was definitely not expecting this. With the 2015 Preseason All-American team being announced today, UConn has 3 of their best defenders on the list this year.

LB's Jefferson Ashiru, Graham Stewart and DE Kenton Adeyemi have all been recognized. Ashiru, who was a quarterfinalist for the Butkus Award last year, finished with 69 tackles (20 for loss), 5 sacks and 2 INTs. Stewart led all Huskies with 91 tackles, in addition to a sack and 2 INT's. Adeyemi, thrust into a starting defensive end role after the sudden retirement of Angelo Pruitt last summer, led UConn with 10 sacks and 21 TFL's, with a fumble recovery TD against Houston.

The three, all seniors, will without a doubt lead a defense that figures to be one of the nation's best in 2015.

The 3 were the only Huskies nominated to the first team All-AAC group as well.

Max DeLorenzo, Junior Joseph, Andrew Adams, John Green and Bobby Puyol were all selected for the second team All-AAC.

-------------------------

ALSO: I have started a basketball coaching career in March Madness 06 yesterday, just for something to do around tourney time.

I encourage you to check it out, if you'd like of course. Thanks..

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ness-06-a.html

6x Super Bowl Champion Patriots |Red Sox | Celtics | Bruins |Boston College | USC | NASCAR Young Guns

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-07-2017 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:13 PM   #148
Rookie

Burger5204's Arena

I'm also surprised you had three all-americans. I bet you'll be able to recruit a lot better.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:33 PM   #149
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger5204
I'm also surprised you had three all-americans. I bet you'll be able to recruit a lot better.
All 3 guys had great years last year, but it really did surprise me. Surely there were 2 better linebackers and a defensive end out there.. I thought.

Anyway, our recruiting looks a bit better than last year, lots of better guys interested this year. I'll go over in that in the coming days, as well as the new recruiting system I'll be using.

Old 02-05-2015, 01:13 AM   #150
MVP

whughes's Arena

Late to the party, but I'll be following. Better second half last season, if only you could've started the season off better. But here's to next year!

Also I was wondering if you're playing the games or using coach mode? You said in your setup posts you would post which one when you decided but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. Although it's possible I just missed it...

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 02-05-2015, 06:07 AM   #151
Cooking With Sauce

thesportsguru11's Arena

Pinstripe Bowl ceases operation

Reports confirmed by ESPN today say that the New Era Pinstripe Bowl will be ceasing operations after 5 years due to budget issues. The reports have also stated the New York Yankees will try to find a replacement bowl in their home stadium, even if it takes "several years".

The Pinstripe Bowl had been running since 2010, with Army winning last year's edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
Late to the party, but I'll be following. Better second half last season, if only you could've started the season off better. But here's to next year!

Also I was wondering if you're playing the games or using coach mode? You said in your setup posts you would post which one when you decided but I didn't see it mentioned anywhere. Although it's possible I just missed it...
Yeah, it took a while to figure out who could do what, but we clearly showed some flashes for 2015.

You didn't miss it, I just forgot to post that haha. I am playing the games. I thought about doing coach mode, but I just wanted to play the games instead of watch them..

Last edited by thesportsguru11; 07-07-2017 at 07:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2015, 09:20 AM   #152
MVP

whughes's Arena

Quote:
You didn't miss it, I just forgot to post that haha. I am playing the games. I thought about doing coach mode, but I just wanted to play the games instead of watch them..
That just makes it all that more painful during those 6 Int games... Hopefully this year you can find someone more capable. Whether it's Boyle that progresses into the starter or Sharieffs comes in and does well enough to win the starting job

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Football Dynasties »