Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2009, 01:15 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
Divotmaker: I'm not sure if you saw these from pg2 but I was wondering if you can comment on any of these. Thanks!!
In the time I was able to spend with the game, I cannot answer most of your questions, which is why I have not responded. Sorry.

I do know the AI issue was improved for 09, but am not sure any additional work was done on it and forgot to ask when I saw what they have in store for online play....if what I saw comes to fruition, I doubt I will play TW10 offline at all...and that is what I played most in 08 & 09....

Stay tuned as more details emerge....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 01:57 PM   #42
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
when I saw what they have in store for online play....if what I saw comes to fruition, I doubt I will play TW10 offline at all...
I'm trying not to read "72 hole online tournaments" into this statement, but I hope I'm wrong
Old 03-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 9
Post Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
I'm trying not to read "72 hole online tournaments" into this statement, but I hope I'm wrong
I still miss the old Links tourneys they had on XSN.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Can't comment on anything yet. However, Online play and tournaments received what appears to be a complete re-write from the ground up from what they showed us. Can't wait to share more on this.....
Old 03-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #45
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
I still miss the old Links tourneys they had on XSN.
Those were great, weren't they? Maybe now that Tiger Woods 2010's online play is going to be more "server side" oriented, something more like XSN will be possible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 12:38 PM   #46
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Those were great, weren't they? Maybe now that Tiger Woods 2010's online play is going to be more "server side" oriented, something more like XSN will be possible?
What made it great was logging onto the website to see where you stood on the leaderboard at that moment and then going online to see if you could that number. It was also great knowing that the leaderboards didnt consist of cheaters.

I am curious to hear about the "improvements" to the online functionality.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:59 PM   #47
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

These new features sound great and this game continues to move in the right direction IMO (unlike NCAA it seems). The past few years they have made great strides to please us "SIM" players and it seems they are still doing that. The new putting mechanic sounds great, one step closer to the good ole days with Links 04.

The only thing I wish and hope for with TW is that the all of fraking course will be unlock at the start of the game. This may seem minor to some but, I gripe about this every year. In fact, I still haven't unlock all the course in last years game. I'm not a big fan of the Tiger Challenge mode and I don't have countless hours of gaming time to spend unlocking course that should be availbale from the beginng. Most of my time is spent playing career mode or playing the game with my wife and friends. It's frustrating to not be able to choose from all the course when playing a 2 player game with friends.

I just don't have the time to spend with the game like some of the kiddies these days. You don't see Madden, NCAA, NBA Live, NHL or any other major sports game locking up stadiums and fields so, why does the TW team think this is a good idea. What made it worse last for last years game is that they offer XBL users a DLC (for a small price) that unlocked all the courses but, left us PS3 user out to dry. They still have yet to release any type of code that will unlock all the course for PS3 users, complete slap in the face from EA IMO. I'm willing to spend a little to unlcok them too, just offer for all consoles and from day one. Tah's all I ask from this years game, everything else will be icing.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:15 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
These new features sound great and this game continues to move in the right direction IMO (unlike NCAA it seems). The past few years they have made great strides to please us "SIM" players and it seems they are still doing that. The new putting mechanic sounds great, one step closer to the good ole days with Links 04.

The only thing I wish and hope for with TW is that the all of fraking course will be unlock at the start of the game. This may seem minor to some but, I gripe about this every year. In fact, I still haven't unlock all the course in last years game. I'm not a big fan of the Tiger Challenge mode and I don't have countless hours of gaming time to spend unlocking course that should be availbale from the beginng. Most of my time is spent playing career mode or playing the game with my wife and friends. It's frustrating to not be able to choose from all the course when playing a 2 player game with friends.

I just don't have the time to spend with the game like some of the kiddies these days. You don't see Madden, NCAA, NBA Live, NHL or any other major sports game locking up stadiums and fields so, why does the TW team think this is a good idea. What made it worse last for last years game is that they offer XBL users a DLC (for a small price) that unlocked all the courses but, left us PS3 user out to dry. They still have yet to release any type of code that will unlock all the course for PS3 users, complete slap in the face from EA IMO. I'm willing to spend a little to unlcok them too, just offer for all consoles and from day one. Tah's all I ask from this years game, everything else will be icing.
I see what you're saying and it is annoying but to charge a DLC fee (no matter how small, it's the principle) is a bigger slap in the face. I just can't get over how developers continue to get away with charging for DLC that is almost always hidden in the game itself and feel the need to make more money off the consumer just to give us the right to unlock it after paying $60 for the damn game to begin with. Let's hope EA rises above that this time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »