Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
I see what you're saying and it is annoying but to charge a DLC fee (no matter how small, it's the principle) is a bigger slap in the face. I just can't get over how developers continue to get away with charging for DLC that is almost always hidden in the game itself and feel the need to make more money off the consumer just to give us the right to unlock it after paying $60 for the damn game to begin with. Let's hope EA rises above that this time.
I agree. Charging for actual new content as DLC is welcomed here, but giving users the "option" to pay to have courses unlocked is just wrong IMO. Locking courses and forcing users to play events they don't have any interest in is wrong as well. The only good thing out of this is locked courses are not locked initially from online play, just offline. However, they should not be locked at all, period.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:54 PM   #50
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

I agree about the DLC, I'd rather not have to pay. My main point with that is that us PS3 users don't even have the DLC option. EA has still not given PS3 users a way around unlocking the courses while 360 users at least have the option to pay for it or not. Would just love to have that option, even if I had to pay for it.

Oh well, I've had my rant for the year about unlocking the courses. Hopefully next year I will not have to rant about it again but, we will see. Now to focus on the improvements EA seems to be making with this game!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon8 Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Update (IGN)

"if what I saw comes to fruition, I doubt I will play TW10 offline at all"

As a strictly offline player in PGA Tour Mode this sounds ominous and disappointing. I had high hopes of an improved offline experience. I guess I will be disappointed once again. I was hoping we could have customizable offline tournaments with courses of our choosing including DLC courses. Looks like the focus is online play with us offline players getting short changed again. I hope I am wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 07:40 AM   #52
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piner
"if what I saw comes to fruition, I doubt I will play TW10 offline at all"

As a strictly offline player in PGA Tour Mode this sounds ominous and disappointing. I had high hopes of an improved offline experience. I guess I will be disappointed once again. I was hoping we could have customizable offline tournaments with courses of our choosing including DLC courses. Looks like the focus is online play with us offline players getting short changed again. I hope I am wrong.
You misinterpreted what I stated. The offline is what I have played most in 08/09. I prefer to play online, but the Daily Tournament feature for TW06-09 has catered to the Default player and with unlimited restarts for each event, there is no use in playing them. And I rarely have time to play more than one round without a partner, so that is why offkine has worked for me the past several versions.

However, the online play features that I saw made me think that I might play online exclusively if what I saw comes to fruition. That is not necessarily a "bad" thing. I do not know if there will be customizable offline tournaments as the time I had with the game did not allow me to find this out. I would wait to see more previews, reviews and user feedback once the game is released before you get the wrong impression. Also, when more info is released about the online play features, you might change your mind about playing offline only as well....
Old 03-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #53
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

I wonder if the daily tournaments will actually be set to tour mode this year. They weren't even worth playing in 09.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:31 AM   #54
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I wonder if the daily tournaments will actually be set to tour mode this year. They weren't even worth playing in 09.
I believe you will see some nice improvements in online play for Tour Pro mode this year....
Old 03-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #55
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
I believe you will see some nice improvements in online play for Tour Pro mode this year....
Whats your best guess for hearing some more info on this game??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 12:20 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthostud23
Whats your best guess for hearing some more info on this game??
Honestly, no idea. Should start to ramp up more in April and May as they get close to completing the game....wish I knew what their info release plans were.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »