Home

Playmakers Madden 17 1990's Classic Rosters

This is a discussion on Playmakers Madden 17 1990's Classic Rosters within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 11:16 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Playmakers Madden 17 1990's Classic Rosters

rplatypus

is an amazing human being in general
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 09-29-2016, 02:55 PM   #34
Rookie

diamond_ten's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rplatypus
If the players are already created then anyone could use this spreadsheet and add your ratings to the players. If it was me recreating your roster, I would create all of the players and edit their gear and traits. I would then use the spreadsheet to edit the ratings. If you had someone willing to help you then just create the players (or edit existing players which you will have to do) and name them, trade them to the correct team and edit the gear. Then have the person willing to help out input the ratings.

Since M17 overall ratings are calculated differently, you will have to increase some ratings to get the same overalls, particularly for QB's. I'd also hold off on changing the ratings until the roster is complete if you have a helper since the spreadsheet is already done. If somebody is willing to put in the effort and help, this could get your roster out a month earlier.

I forgot to include which teams the players are assigned to in the spreadsheet. I'll add them if that will help out. You could also upload the spreadsheet to Google Docs. That would be easier for someone using their phone to access the ratings and input them in game on their console.

I just thought a spreadsheet would be a bit easier for you or anyone willing to help to look at and edit the ratings. It only took about 15 minutes to make the spreadsheet so there wasn't a lot effort put into creating it. These are just my thoughts, by no means am I telling you what do with your roster. Just wanted to help out a bit since you helped me out on a roster I am making.
Thank you for this.
Should I assume the lower rated player is who is meant to be used and the higher rated player is the games ratings for the historical greats Madden let us have in m25 such as Elway. I see an Elway at 99 and one rated 88
Old 09-29-2016, 06:36 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_ten
Thank you for this.
Should I assume the lower rated player is who is meant to be used and the higher rated player is the games ratings for the historical greats Madden let us have in m25 such as Elway. I see an Elway at 99 and one rated 88
depends on what your talking about....

The Elway on this file is the 37 year old Elway version of the 98 Broncos I created

He's not a 99 overall because at that time his skill level had decreased similar to what you saw in a Peyton Manning later in his career

So I wouldn't bump up Elway to 99 unless your using some your version of him but even then with the Madden 17 engine it's tough to create 99 overall players if your being realistic with ratings IMO .

That is why I said most players across the boards have dropped 2-4 points overall in ratings from Madden 25 to Madden 17 with these rosters I'm creating

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 09:39 PM   #36
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
depends on what your talking about....

The Elway on this file is the 37 year old Elway version of the 98 Broncos I created

He's not a 99 overall because at that time his skill level had decreased similar to what you saw in a Peyton Manning later in his career

So I wouldn't bump up Elway to 99 unless your using some your version of him but even then with the Madden 17 engine it's tough to create 99 overall players if your being realistic with ratings IMO .

That is why I said most players across the boards have dropped 2-4 points overall in ratings from Madden 25 to Madden 17 with these rosters I'm creating
I think he's talking about the 2 Elways on that roster. I thought you added a lower aged and lower rated Elway to free agency on your 360 roster because the 98 Broncos Elway retires after one year due to age. That way Elway fans could play a few more seasons with him while keeping the integrity (close to accurate ages of players) of the 98 Broncos intact.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing on my roster because a few star players are going to retire quickly and I also want to show them in their prime. For instance 00 Bal Rod Woodson, 98 Den John Elway and 96 GB Reggie White are all likely to retire after one year and I lowered the physical ratings like speed because they simply weren't as fast in their mid to late 30's as they were in their late 20's. Where as their awareness, play recognition and possibly technique would be higher in their 30's.

Last edited by rplatypus; 09-29-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:14 AM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

I've made modifications to the kicker ratings for this file.

For the kickers on the specific year teams I'm taking their FG percentage for that season plus their PAT percentage and dividing it by two to get their accuracy rating on this file

For example Lin Elliot of the 92 Cowboys hag a 68.6 FG percentage and a 97.9 PAT percentage which gave him a Rating of 83 for accuracy on the file.

All free agent Kickers will be rated on their career percentages as opposed to specific year.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 10-03-2016, 05:57 AM   #38
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberFour4ever
The 1996 Packers may have been the best team of the 1990s

They were the first team to finish with the #1 offense and #1 defense in the same season since the undefeated '72 Dolphins. They beat something like 8 playoff teams in the regular season. They killed it on special teams, and Favre had his best season.

As a Packer fan, I'd take them over Sterling Sharpe all day, everyday.
Best? Gonna have to disagree. The competition was a bit watered down by then, and they played in the NFC Central. I'd think any one of the following teams might have been better: '91 Redskins; 92 Cowboys; 94 49ers; 98 Broncos; 99 Rams.

Now granted, their combination of offense+defense+special teams was formidable. They were certainly one of the most BALANCED teams of the decade.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:48 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 3

Do announcers actually say players names?

Like Elway? Sanders? Tebow?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 10-04-2016, 03:12 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Do announcers actually say players names?

Like Elway? Sanders? Tebow?
Not that I recall....

It's a downer but not a game killer for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »