Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2017, 12:37 PM   #7745
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_85
But some are not realistic. TD wouldn't retire yet and neither would Tom Brady after 1 year. I do like that idea of offering a contract to persuade them to stay.
Tom Brady is 39, almost 40, no one can tell the future, if you asked me at the beginning of the season I would have guessed this would be Brady's final year, especially if they won the Superbowl, which they did, but he said he wants to pull a Brett Favre and Play to his mid-40s. Stuff happens and people call it a career earlier than expected, look at Roethlisberger talking about he needs to evaluate his life this offseason and might retire, I personally think it's just to wake up the front office in Pittsburgh because he's not happy with the coaching staff. Arian Foster retired in the middle of the season, despite his injuries, I didn't think he would retire especially in the middle of a season. When I look at Thomas Davis who's 33 years old , borderline getting old for linebacker, and you consider he's had 3 acl surgeries in his career, I would think it's realistic for him to retire.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2017, 12:50 PM   #7746
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Tom Brady is 39, almost 40, no one can tell the future, if you asked me at the beginning of the season I would have guessed this would be Brady's final year, especially if they won the Superbowl, which they did, but he said he wants to pull a Brett Favre and Play to his mid-40s. Stuff happens and people call it a career earlier than expected, look at Roethlisberger talking about he needs to evaluate his life this offseason and might retire, I personally think it's just to wake up the front office in Pittsburgh because he's not happy with the coaching staff. Arian Foster retired in the middle of the season, despite his injuries, I didn't think he would retire especially in the middle of a season. When I look at Thomas Davis who's 33 years old , borderline getting old for linebacker, and you consider he's had 3 acl surgeries in his career, I would think it's realistic for him to retire.
They should factor in the super-human endurance some players have. TD still plays at a high level and hasn't mentioned retiring yet. TB says he wants to play even longer. Yes if you take their ages and history into account you can assume they might retire. But when you factor in their level of play as well as their real life actions and what they've said in real life, it doesn't feel realistic to make them retire so soon.

I think this is something the game should factor in. If in real life, it looks like they aren't going to retire anytime soon, code that into the game. Like maybe do updates like they do roster updates. If a player in the actual game is still playing at a high level even at an age he should retire, he should play longer or possibly give hints in the game they are thinking of retiring and then possibly offer another contract to persuade them. I think that would really add to the experience instead of just "Oh well he's gone now". The game should take into account not all bodies are the same and even if they reach the age of possible retirement, some actually do play longer.

Last edited by Joshua_85; 02-25-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:51 PM   #7747
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_85
They should factor in the super-human endurance some players have. TD still plays at a high level and hasn't mentioned retiring yet. TB says he wants to play even longer. Yes if you take their ages and history into account you can assume they might retire. But when you factor in their level of play as well as their real life actions and what they've said in real life, it doesn't feel realistic to make them retire so soon.

I think this is something the game should factor in. If in real life, it looks like they aren't going to retire anytime soon, code that into the game. If a player in the actual game is still playing at a high level even at an age he should retire, he should play longer and possibly give hints in the game they are thinking of retiring and then possibly offer another contract to persuade them. I think that would really add to the experience instead of just "Oh well he's gone now". The game should take into account not all bodies are the same and even if they reach the age of possible retirement, some actually do play longer.
Although it sounds interesting, madden has so many other bigger issues that I don't think they care enough to address something like that. CFM is usually last to be updated it seems like. I personally don't think it's that big an issue, players retire and make room for young players to come in.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:55 PM   #7748
All Star

Flazko's Arena

All the players I've seen retire are 13+ year players. I think that's fair. There's been like 2 players I can remember that were less than 10 years pro retire but it's not a big deal to me. Look at guys like Rashard Mendenhall and Tiki Barber who retired before they were 30.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:56 PM   #7749
All Star

Flazko's Arena

I think the one who always retires in my cfm is Cameron Wake. I think he's young but it's happened lol

Edit: and JJ Watt, he's retired two different times lol

Last edited by Flazko; 02-25-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:20 PM   #7750
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

I like the true sim sets. They play great. However, it seems no matter what I do, the offenses get out of control when I use 50 parity. It sucks because I like some of the things that I see.

At this point, I'm either gonna use your all-madden sim set with 10 min / 20 sec quarters and accept the ridiculously high rushing and receiving averages that I get, or I'm gonna go back to that all-pro set that I was using; I use 90 parity with that, paired up with 15 min/ 12 sec quarters.

All-Pro set, week 1: I came back to beat the Saints 21-16 after trailing 16-11 at the half. (my Raider CFM). Total yardage was around 300 yards for both teams.

All-Madden true sim set, week 1: I trailed the Lions 23-16 at the half with the Colts. I had 304 yards of offense to their 234 at the half. I've played this game several times over with different all-madden variations and the scoring and yardage totals are consistently high, especially with the 50 parity.

I like both styles for different reasons. I'm gonna take the weekend to figure out which gives me more satisfaction, and then I'm just gonna roll forward.
Old 02-25-2017, 01:26 PM   #7751
Pro

OVR: 1

There is a influence perk for the coach

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2017, 04:00 PM   #7752
Rookie

Your All-Madden True Simulation Set works great, I've definitely adopted it.

I've lowered the CPU Int to 25 and I think I'll lower the CPU catching from 50 to 40. On All-Madden, the CPU WR don't drop a ball, it's insane. Even after a huge hit right after the catch or a catch in contact of the defender, the CPU is capable of catching and holding the ball. So, a bad WR is the same than an elite WR.

What do you think ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »