Home

3/4 defense bug

This is a discussion on 3/4 defense bug within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2024, 12:20 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: 3/4 defense bug

I have a question about this:

In addition to having issues with the RDE not playing unless you put them at DT1 on the depth chart, I’m now having issues getting the right OLBs on the field.

My LOLB for some reason is not showing up on the field in my base 34 sets.

Is anyone else having OLB depth chart issues in base sets, as well?
Old 01-19-2024, 12:25 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid

In addition to having issues with the RDE not playing unless you put them at DT1 on the depth chart, I’m now having issues getting the right OLBs on the field.

I believe it has to do with your Rushing DE on the depth chart. If it is a LB, I think the LB ends up playing DE on base formations.

This is an issue I have not heard EA say anything about, so who knows if it will be fixed. But it is game breaking if you are playing franchise mode and do not go in and fix your opponent's depth charts.
Old 01-19-2024, 12:31 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I believe it has to do with your Rushing DE on the depth chart. If it is a LB, I think the LB ends up playing DE on base formations.

This is an issue I have not heard EA say anything about, so who knows if it will be fixed. But it is game breaking if you are playing franchise mode and do not go in and fix your opponent's depth charts.
Interesting!

The guy I have at base LOLB is a drafted guy who’s not one of my top 2 rush ends, and the guy who is showing up in my base formations is actually one of my rush end guys, so I think the game is putting the player in the rush end spot in my starting OLB spot…

This is helpful, thank you!
Old 01-22-2024, 09:27 AM   #20
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

Is it the Giants? They are a different problem than the Dolphins or Packers 3-4. Their ROLB will not play unless you put him in Rush DE and then the CPU puts a random linebacker in his spot at ROLB. I had to give up and just switch to a 4-3 and edit the players to fit it. I wish they would fix this crap!
#WeAreND
Old 01-22-2024, 12:40 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Is it the Giants? They are a different problem than the Dolphins or Packers 3-4. Their ROLB will not play unless you put him in Rush DE and then the CPU puts a random linebacker in his spot at ROLB. I had to give up and just switch to a 4-3 and edit the players to fit it. I wish they would fix this crap!
I think it was the NE D PB where I was seeing issues. The ROLB I wanted on the field in base was not the same guy as the rush RE guy, and that’s gotta be what the issue was.

I would up moving to a 43 as well just so I don’t have to deal with issues at RDE and OLB. I can handle the DL one but the OLB one was one step over the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2024, 12:43 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

I recently discovered that the RE not playing in 3-4 (I was using Giants playbook) bug has a workaround. Using a custom defensive playbook seems to fix it. I just created a custom playbook based on the Giants playbook and didn't even change anything.
Old 01-22-2024, 12:43 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

BTW, CJ, were you able to determine that certain PBs actually work as intended and are problem free when it comes to depth charts?
Old 01-22-2024, 03:04 PM   #24
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I think it was the NE D PB where I was seeing issues. The ROLB I wanted on the field in base was not the same guy as the rush RE guy, and that’s gotta be what the issue was.

I would up moving to a 43 as well just so I don’t have to deal with issues at RDE and OLB. I can handle the DL one but the OLB one was one step over the line.
Yeah, I think the Patriots and Giants have the same problem. It's infuriating. 4-3 is definitely your best bet.
#WeAreND

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »