Home

3/4 defense bug

This is a discussion on 3/4 defense bug within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2023, 07:37 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 2
3/4 defense bug

what is the reason they haven’t fixed this yet, i take dolphins and wilkins is lined up at outside linebacker, same with detroit and hutchinson.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2023, 07:40 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: 3/4 defense bug

Between this and the blocking on toss plays in the training drills among other things, it's clear EA either does not test and play their own games or simply does not care about the lack of quality in so many areas.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 12-27-2023, 04:01 PM   #3
Rookie

Xcfisme's Arena

OVR: 0

For the Lions I try to understand because in real life they have 4-3 personnel, but when they occasionally are in base its a 3-4 look. But, it happening with the Dolphins makes no sense. I think they tried to implement it for teams like the Lions, but it now is just a bug that won't get fixed most likely
Old 12-27-2023, 05:30 PM   #4
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooge 1010
what is the reason they haven’t fixed this yet, i take dolphins and wilkins is lined up at outside linebacker, same with detroit and hutchinson.

Yeah,you have to go to every 3-4 teams depth chart and make the RE1 as DT1,DT1 as DT2 but you shouldn't have to still jump through these hoops because it's been this way for the 4 months it's been out now.
Old 12-27-2023, 06:54 PM   #5
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Between this and the blocking on toss plays in the training drills among other things, it's clear EA either does not test and play their own games or simply does not care about the lack of quality in so many areas.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
The running back drill annoys me to no end because of how bad your fullback is on this drill. The sad thing is it was working when the game first came out, and then after a few weeks it started to get bad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2023, 11:27 PM   #6
Rookie

Funnily enough I've noticed Wilkins lining up outside quite a bit for the Dolphins.
Old 12-28-2023, 03:12 PM   #7
Rookie

dh13king's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooge 1010

I figured why some 3-4 DEs are lining up at OLB. It's using the Rush End depth chart to overtake the base depth chart. Make sure Wilkins isn't your rush end and then use the RE at DT1, DT1 at DT2, and DT2 at DT3 workaround
Old 12-28-2023, 06:06 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh13king
I figured why some 3-4 DEs are lining up at OLB. It's using the Rush End depth chart to overtake the base depth chart. Make sure Wilkins isn't your rush end and then use the RE at DT1, DT1 at DT2, and DT2 at DT3 workaround
Are the positions flipping to strength? Like say the RE is the weak side DE, DT2 as strong side DE, and DT1 as the NT?
Sorry, don't have '24 to check, just thought that'd actually be kinda cool to finally have in the game. And would be perfect for the Lions 3-4/2-4-5 scheme and other teams in the Vic Fangio scheme.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »