Home

3/4 defense bug

This is a discussion on 3/4 defense bug within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2024, 03:06 PM   #25
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: 3/4 defense bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
BTW, CJ, were you able to determine that certain PBs actually work as intended and are problem free when it comes to depth charts?
In a 3-4 defense? If there is, I haven't found one yet. They all seem jacked.
#WeAreND
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2024, 11:52 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 2

i guess they’re not going to fix this, just the fatigue problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-23-2024, 12:14 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I don’t know if their system has version archiving for code sections, but this was not bugged at launch and has only become a problem since the winter updates.

The same is true for the playcalling issue, which was fine at launch, but which has become an issue as patches for other things have been applied.

My first instinct would be to check post-patch code sections for consistency with pre-patch code in areas that have gotten bugged since the patches, but I don’t work in this industry, so I have no idea what tools they can use for this stuff.
Old 01-23-2024, 12:49 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
I don’t know if their system has version archiving for code sections, but this was not bugged at launch and has only become a problem since the winter updates.

The same is true for the playcalling issue, which was fine at launch, but which has become an issue as patches for other things have been applied.

My first instinct would be to check post-patch code sections for consistency with pre-patch code in areas that have gotten bugged since the patches, but I don’t work in this industry, so I have no idea what tools they can use for this stuff.
Playcalling was a problem at release. If you delete the patches the playcalling still sucks

Last edited by tdogg097; 01-23-2024 at 01:03 PM.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:03 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0

Don’t think this was touched in the most recent update. Maybe even gotten worse.

I tested a game as the Cowboys and it was lining Demarcus Lawrence up at an OLB spot opposite Parsons even though I have him playing LE and no where in either OLB rotation… tried to move the depth chart around and he stayed at OLB when picking any 3-4 formation.

Has that been the case?

Old 01-29-2024, 09:20 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by vflTN
Don’t think this was touched in the most recent update. Maybe even gotten worse.

I tested a game as the Cowboys and it was lining Demarcus Lawrence up at an OLB spot opposite Parsons even though I have him playing LE and no where in either OLB rotation… tried to move the depth chart around and he stayed at OLB when picking any 3-4 formation.

Has that been the case?

I checked the 34 bug this morning after DLing the latest update, and this issue is not fixed.

You will have issues with RE/NT/OLB in the 34.

For the CPU, the best thing to do is make RE a DT via the edit roster/player function before you play a 34 team, and then move them back to RE after your game. That’s the most you can do for them.

For the HUM, you can use formation subs, but that screen displays incorrectly; it will show you that the right players are in there, but if you go into practice or a game, the bugged lineup is what appears.

The fix is to manually sub NT1 out for NT2 and then re-sub NT1 in via formation subs, and then you can do that for every position you want to have a specific player in for.

It sounds confusing, but you basically manually sub out your intended starter in a given formation then sub him back in and do this for RE, NT, and whatever OLB spots you want to control.

FWIW, I normally run a 34, and this issue has just driven me to a 43 because it’s too much of a pain to navigate and it’s too unpredictable.

Last edited by RogueHominid; 01-29-2024 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-29-2024, 09:30 AM   #31
Pro

If you use custom playbook 3/4 bug isn’t there anymore Does take getting used to as the rearrange the formations but until they fix or if they never do this can be a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Warriors
Sharks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2024, 09:31 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
If you use custom playbook 3/4 bug isn’t there anymore Does take getting used to as the rearrange the formations but until they fix or if they never do this can be a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean? Create a custom 3-4 playbook and you won’t be affected anymore?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »