Home

Madden NFL 24 Update Fixes Fatigue Bug - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Update Fixes Fatigue Bug - Patch Notes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2024, 03:20 PM   #17
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 24 Patch 7 Available Today, Includes Public Cross-Play Beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
I think the fatigue adjustment in this patch is having a MAJOR impact on gameplay. And unfortunately not at all for the better. Tested one game so limited sample size but very noticeable imo.

Testing Settings:
-AP all default sliders
-10min quarters no accelerated clock
-Sim gameplay
-HFA and progressive fatigue on but only in week one of season 1
-autosubs default

What I noticed:
-Any linebacker, cornerback, or safety that is blocked by an offensive linemen suffers extreme immediate loss of fatigue
-Happens whether on a blitz or an offensive linemen makes a secondary level block
-Defensive player breathes very heavy on very next play and leaves game after 2-3 consecutive plays
-Offensive fatigue seems fine. Seeing no difference with offensive fatigue

Impact:
-fatigued defensive player leaves and returns but most eventually permanently leave for remainder of game
-Human run game becomes ridiculously easy as your competing against severely fatigued CPU defensive players or back ups.
-Pass game becomes easier as well but much more noticeable with the run game
-Issue impacts human defense as well but it’s much more noticeable in terms of gameplay when playing offense vs the CPU

Possible solutions I’m going to test to mitigate:
-Leave game on SIM and significantly lower fatigue
-Switch franchise from SIM to Comp. Automatic lower fatigue rates on comp

Would love to hear if others are experiencing similar gameplay impacts. I really hope I’m wrong but it was very obvious after one game.

I feel like I’ve been gut punched as I was having a great experience with franchise. Really immersed and enjoying the game. The impact of this patch has so far significantly and immediately altered my experience for the worse. One game test so trying not to overreact, but it was very noticeable to me. Someone please tell me you’re experiencing something different. Something with much less impact pre vs post patch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My 2nd post patch game
I didn’t lose my DEs, but did see red fatigue a few times and went to “sub dl” package to protect the starters.
I noticed sub LBs appearing frequently.
I didn’t see any sub DBs but saw lots more fatigue.

I didn’t pay attention to the AI D, but will next time.
Old 01-10-2024, 04:11 PM   #18
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
I think the fatigue adjustment in this patch is having a MAJOR impact on gameplay. And unfortunately not at all for the better. Tested one game so limited sample size but very noticeable imo.

Testing Settings:
-AP all default sliders
-10min quarters no accelerated clock
-Sim gameplay
-HFA and progressive fatigue on but only in week one of season 1
-autosubs default
-4-3 defense so impact on my linebackers may be greater then 3-4 prototype LB’s

What I noticed:
-Any linebacker, cornerback, or safety that is blocked by an offensive linemen suffers extreme immediate loss of fatigue
-Happens whether on a blitz or an offensive linemen makes a secondary level block
-Defensive player breathes very heavy on very next play and leaves game after 2-3 consecutive plays
-Offensive fatigue seems fine. Seeing no difference with offensive fatigue

Impact:
-fatigued defensive player plays fatigued and ultimately leaves the game. They do return for a bit but most eventually leave for remainder of game at some point
-Human run game becomes ridiculously easy as you’re competing against severely fatigued CPU defensive players or back ups.
-Pass game becomes easier as well but much more noticeable with the run game
-Issue impacts human defense as well but it’s much more noticeable in terms of gameplay when playing offense vs the CPU

Possible solutions I’m going to test to mitigate:
-Leave game on SIM and significantly lower fatigue
-Switch franchise from SIM to Comp. Automatic lower fatigue rates on comp

Would love to hear if others are experiencing similar gameplay impacts. I really hope I’m wrong but it was very obvious after one game.

I feel like I’ve been gut punched as I was having a great experience with franchise. Really immersed and enjoying the game. The impact of this patch has so far significantly and immediately altered my experience for the worse. One game test so trying not to overreact, but it was very noticeable to me. Someone please tell me you’re experiencing something different. Something with much less impact pre vs post patch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not sure how I feel about this part of the update, I will find out later when I play a game. I currently have fatigue at 75 and the way I have my auto subs set up I really love the rotation I get in the game. Seems like I will have to really adjust it now
Old 01-10-2024, 04:40 PM   #19
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 24 Patch 7 Available Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Cross-play is technology which allows users of Madden 24 on PS5, XBOX Series X/S, and PC to play games against each other.

Before today, Madden 24 did not offer cross-play support for Franchise mode. That is no longer the case.
Can we share draft classes between platforms and if not, is that something that could be coming down the road?
#WeAreND
Old 01-10-2024, 04:44 PM   #20
MVP

Did they fix the 3-4 defense personnel issue? No... no they did not.

Last edited by Iteachpercussion; 01-10-2024 at 04:52 PM. Reason: found the answer myself
Old 01-10-2024, 04:47 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
Not sure how I feel about this part of the update, I will find out later when I play a game. I currently have fatigue at 75 and the way I have my auto subs set up I really love the rotation I get in the game. Seems like I will have to really adjust it now
Jags, may I ask what you have your subs set at to get the rotations you like at 75 fatigue?

May I also ask what quarter length and runoff you use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2024, 06:33 PM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
Can we share draft classes between platforms and if not, is that something that could be coming down the road?
No idea. My PS5 actually isn't hooked up right now because I had to turn my apartment inside-out for stupid reasons lol.

Anyone else here aware if cross-play supports Madden Share? My gut instinct is "no" but again I have no idea.
Old 01-10-2024, 06:34 PM   #23
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
No idea. My PS5 actually isn't hooked up right now because I had to turn my apartment inside-out for stupid reasons lol.

Anyone else here aware if cross-play supports Madden Share? My gut instinct is "no" but again I have no idea.
Pretty sure no.
Old 01-10-2024, 08:56 PM   #24
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 24 Adds Franchise Crossplay Live Beta & More - Patch Notes

Hopefully this means crossplay will be available at launch for dynasty mode for the new College Football game this year.

Unfortunately far too late for the league my friends and I usually run every year (besides this one)

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »