Home

Madden NFL 24 Update Fixes Fatigue Bug - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Update Fixes Fatigue Bug - Patch Notes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2024, 08:17 AM   #65
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 24 Adds Franchise Crossplay Live Beta & More - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin McKoy
I think the fatigue issue is clouding the improvements they made in other areas of the game. Now, because I'm a crazy person, I always start a dummy franchise whenever a patch comes out and put it on default. Maybe I have no life, I dunno.

But things that are sticking to me is one, run defense is finally a thing. I, like many of you had gotten tired of easily gaining 5 to 6 yards a carry, so much so that I would purposely avoid running in certain situations.

I now see lineman reaching out trying to tackle you, I'm seeing stalemates at the line, such that that the guard helping on a double team doesn't immediately peel off. And I'm noticing better pass coverage, Particularly with corners who have a higher man coverage rating to that of the receiver they're covering.

And the non engage pass rushing moves are a game changer. Parsons seems like even more of a beast now.

I would agree. I finally was able to play a couple of games last night. I think they tinkered with fatigue as part of yesterday’s server maintenance. In a good way. While still seeing fatigue impact lower weighted DE, LB, CB, S anytime they engage in a block, the magnitude of the fatigue endured seems less. I am not seeing red level fatigue after just a couple of plays, the heavy breathing, or the long-term subbing I was seeing immediately after the patch. Recovery seems faster as well. As a result, my games are much more competitive.

I like the adjustment they made to have non-engaged pass rush moves trigger more. It’s more fun to play as a defensive linemen. I like the way CPU running backs are seeing the field as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2024, 08:30 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

Here is a good visual for the kind of stuff I'm talking about in terms of run defense. Notice how even after the double team, the DT was able to still get penetration, I never saw this kind of stuff happening pre this patch.

https://youtu.be/1Ac9J3STFEg?si=g27-y4m6GUtDbL6j

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774
I would agree. I finally was able to play a couple of games last night. I think they tinkered with fatigue as part of yesterday’s server maintenance. In a good way. While still seeing fatigue impact lower weighted DE, LB, CB, S anytime they engage in a block, the magnitude of the fatigue endured seems less. I am not seeing red level fatigue after just a couple of plays, the heavy breathing, or the long-term subbing I was seeing immediately after the patch. Recovery seems faster as well. As a result, my games are much more competitive.

I like the adjustment they made to have non-engaged pass rush moves trigger more. It’s more fun to play as a defensive linemen. I like the way CPU running backs are seeing the field as well.

Old 01-13-2024, 11:47 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play with fatigue at 65.
I'm seeing players sub out on long drives, or after double team pancakes they'll sit for a play.

I'm enjoying the fatigue changes, mostly.

I only have 1 trouble player. The Cowboys' LB Marquese Bell is a converted S and is only 205 pounds. He literally plays 1-2 plays then sits for 4-5. I've found that if I control him and really try to avoid taking on blocks he can play a couple more, but even tackling big TEs take him out the game. Changing his weight improves this, 225-239 simulates more of an undersized LB, 240 is a good spot where a LB can blitz and take on blocks and see realistic rotation.
Old 01-13-2024, 12:08 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman2774

i hope this is true, have to try later.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-13-2024, 01:09 PM   #69
Rookie

Dagan's Arena

Faces are fixed and show up in editing, finally.

I'm seeing number bleeding a little, though on the back of jerseys - the bottom right quadrant of numbers only. It's not anything horrible, but I will keep an eye on it because when it did happen, it was quite obvious.
Old 01-13-2024, 01:51 PM   #70
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Just played the Browns and Texans Super Wild Card Game.

10 min. Accelerated Clock Off. All Pro. Competitive. Default Sliders. (all these settings matched up in the main menu as well).

Franchise Settings. Home Field Advantage Off. Superstar Abilities Off. Progressive Fatigue Off. Practice Injuries Off.

The Injury Slider was set at 10 and Fatigue Slider Set to 41 (that was what EA had them defaulted at). I never seen the Fatigue Slider at 41 by default. Is that new? I reset those and when I reset it, it took injuries to 50 and Fatigue to 50.

I then played the game.

Browns won 34-14. I had 2 TD's come from PI Calls on the Texans BOTH in the end zone from passes from the 15 and 20 yard lines. Never had that happen before. Other than that no penalties at all.

28 Passes and 14 Rushes for the Texans. I was an even 28 Passes and 28 Rushes.

Here is where it was interesting, all this fatigue talk etc. I didn't have one single player get subbed out. No fatigue even showed under my formations etc. Anyone else ever have this happen?

Just crazy with all these issues I was expecting to see some guys in and out, and nothing. Same for Texans, no subs at all.
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Old 01-13-2024, 03:00 PM   #71
Pro

Played several games today. Only fatigue issue I saw was explainable. TJ Watt matched up against Becton from the Jets who’s like 370. But I was able to manually sub him in when I wanted. Although this led to an injury. But that allows these massive OTs to be real weapons.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2024, 06:40 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Just adding another data point to things.

Played WK1 of YR4 in my franchise with fatigue at 65 and my auto subs for edge at like 65/70.

I think I had one edge guy take 1 snap off and that was on a long drive.

It looks to me like this fatigue update can be very much tuned to give you whatever results you want, and it wasn’t hard to figure out where the floor and ceiling were.

I have noticed that the CPU HB will gash you now a bit more effectively than before, which is good, even though they still don’t run enough on the whole.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »