Home

Madden NFL 24 Update Fixes Fatigue Bug - Patch Notes

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 24 Update Fixes Fatigue Bug - Patch Notes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2024, 05:23 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 24 Adds Franchise Crossplay Live Beta & More - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_HATE_THAT_DUDE
I lowered fatigue to 60 and didn't lose any players. Guys went out and came back in. Auto subs ratios play a big part. I'm gonna go back up in increments and see where things fall. Gameplay wise I like what I'm seeing with the (AI) RB making hard cuts inside/out depending on the situation. Also I've seen more penalties in PI calls and legit roughing passer. Example Ridder was driven into the ground and the DT fell on top of him with all his weight.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk
What sub values were you using? Curious to know what seems to work.
Old 01-12-2024, 06:23 PM   #58
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_HATE_THAT_DUDE
I lowered fatigue to 60 and didn't lose any players. Guys went out and came back in. Auto subs ratios play a big part. I'm gonna go back up in increments and see where things fall. Gameplay wise I like what I'm seeing with the (AI) RB making hard cuts inside/out depending on the situation. Also I've seen more penalties in PI calls and legit roughing passer. Example Ridder was driven into the ground and the DT fell on top of him with all his weight.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

I’m sure this can be manipulated to drive the best possible outcome by finding a balance between fatigue and auto sub ratios. Just frustrating that in an effort to fix an exploit in MUT, they degraded the quality of play in franchise. Had this just been limited to DB’s, I don’t think the impact to franchise would have been that bad. Actually would’ve added strategy on the risk/reward of blitzing CB’s knowing it could create a mis-match next play due to fatigue loss. The fact it impacts LB, S, CB, and some defensive linemen anytime they engage in a block animation throws the balance of the game off. While it’s nice to see some subbing, it gives the offense an advantage. Why? Because the offensive fatigue doesn’t decline nearly at the same rate as some of the defensive players. Thus, more often than not, I’m playing against AI players that are much more fatigued (or subs) than my players on offense. While I don’t mind the extra challenge while playing defense, I hate the advantage it gives me on offense. Vs. the CPU that is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2024, 06:45 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 2
Madden NFL 24 Adds Franchise Crossplay Live Beta & More - Patch Notes

most of the mut players just look for money plays, so ea had to fix there stuff and mess it up for offline players, nhl 24 does that too with hut

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by stooge 1010; 01-12-2024 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-12-2024, 07:38 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Glad I didn’t update yet. I know these updates mess up people with tuned sliders but how does the game play on default?
Old 01-12-2024, 11:19 PM   #61
MVP

Madden NFL 24 Adds Franchise Crossplay Live Beta & More - Patch Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfort88
Glad I didn’t update yet. I know these updates mess up people with tuned sliders but how does the game play on default?

it takes almost all of your d-line and linebackers out after 2 or 3 plays because of fatigue on default.It’s garbage like that.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2024, 11:33 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

OK, I played a full 12 minute quarter playoff game and didn’t have a major issue with how things shook out.

I had my fatigue and subs set pretty high and the only issue was edge players giving up weight to OL getting pretty gassed, but that seems very fixable to me with changes to fatigue and sub settings, and I actually liked that big linemen could wear down my D over the course of a game.

My bigger, sturdier guys held up fine all game.

I know this is not exactly what they intended, but I’m liking some elements that are now brought into play and I’m gonna embrace it as long as it’s how it is.

I thought I’d be ticked off about it, but I’m not at all.

Still very playable to me.
Old 01-13-2024, 01:18 AM   #63
MVP

any chance they’ll fix this saturday?

Old 01-13-2024, 07:13 AM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think the fatigue issue is clouding the improvements they made in other areas of the game. Now, because I'm a crazy person, I always start a dummy franchise whenever a patch comes out and put it on default. Maybe I have no life, I dunno.

But things that are sticking to me is one, run defense is finally a thing. I, like many of you had gotten tired of easily gaining 5 to 6 yards a carry, so much so that I would purposely avoid running in certain situations.

I now see lineman reaching out trying to tackle you, I'm seeing stalemates at the line, such that that the guard helping on a double team doesn't immediately peel off. And I'm noticing better pass coverage, Particularly with corners who have a higher man coverage rating to that of the receiver they're covering.

And the non engage pass rushing moves are a game changer. Parsons seems like even more of a beast now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueHominid
OK, I played a full 12 minute quarter playoff game and didn’t have a major issue with how things shook out.

I had my fatigue and subs set pretty high and the only issue was edge players giving up weight to OL getting pretty gassed, but that seems very fixable to me with changes to fatigue and sub settings, and I actually liked that big linemen could wear down my D over the course of a game.

My bigger, sturdier guys held up fine all game.

I know this is not exactly what they intended, but I’m liking some elements that are now brought into play and I’m gonna embrace it as long as it’s how it is.

I thought I’d be ticked off about it, but I’m not at all.

Still very playable to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »