Home

Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen?

This is a discussion on Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing Madden 25 Next Gen
Yes, I feel better now after playing it 65 59.09%
It hasn't changed, I need to see more 21 19.09%
I have less hope now 24 21.82%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Has your outlook for Madden changed since playing M25 Next Gen?

I would say the best thing the Madden devs did for next gen was set the bar extremely low coming from current gen
Old 11-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #34
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1thumbs
I would say the best thing the Madden devs did for next gen was set the bar extremely low coming from current gen
I guess, but now that Madden 25 next gen has been well received, that bar has been raised for Madden 15.
Old 11-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
What I completely disagree with, is that the game won't improve until competition comes. The game has been improving the last two years without competition. Competition would further drive the devs, but trust me they are pretty driven right now and are pushing hard for a sim game of football. The improvements made from Madden 13 to Madden 25 next gen are the most we've seen in 10 years.
See, I think the game would have and would still improve much faster with competition. The devs being driven have nothing to do with my opinion. It has to do with resources allocated and those above setting the direction in order to keep up with what it's competitors are doing.

From what I'm reading in the NG impressions thread, on field AI has very welcomed improvements, but some OS impressions are it's not been improved enough. I am glad they are making those on field AI improvements. But where is the team improving the different franchise modes for M25 NG. I believe competition would have forced more and faster improvements.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I guess, but now that Madden 25 next gen has been well received, that bar has been raised for Madden 15.
I would like to see that bar raised to The Show, NBA2K standards. I think almost all of us can agree with that.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #37
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, CP, based on the impressions I've been reading here and elsewhere, it's true, before SOME people bought the game, they needed a football game, but, after playing the game, they've have noticed the improvements.

So, what may have been true before the purchase, after playing the game, the only football game in town is not the reason anymore for people happy with the game.
Oh I agree Road,I'm not denying the game hasn't improved from CG...and that reviews are pretty positive around here...but there's also the other side of the fence.

What I do think though,is that some (not all) are still in the "honeymoon" phase...you and I have been here long enough to know what that is and how that ends up....lol
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 11-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowherPower
Oh I agree Road,I'm not denying the game hasn't improved from CG...and that reviews are pretty positive around here...but there's also the other side of the fence.

What I do think though,is that some (not all) are still in the "honeymoon" phase...you and I have been here long enough to know what that is and how that ends up....lol
Oh, yeah, but honestly, this is one of the few times I've seen a 80/20 split, so, it seems. People that have been disappointed and harsh on the Madden series are appearing to enjoy it more vs the past.

Just my observations. We'll see.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Oh, yeah, but honestly, this is one of the few times I've seen a 80/20 split, so, it seems. People that have been disappointed and harsh on the Madden series are appearing to enjoy it more vs the past.

Just my observations. We'll see.
I'll wait and see what OS'ers say after a while, but the positive impressions so far are encouraging. If the impressions stay positive, that would be encouraging.
Old 11-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #40
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Hell yes.

I bought it for the PS4 only because I got it free from Amazon and I didn't get current gen. From all the pre-release hate, I was very nervous.

Now, I freaking love it. Best Madden I've played since 2010--the last one I played until the end of the NFL season.

For some reason, people were just foaming at the mouth, wanting it to be awful. They were so sure that EA was a mustache-twisting villain trying to sell us a dud. Now granted, EA didn't exactly help matters with their lack of pre-release gameplay, but clearly it wasn't because they were covering up a massive failure. Next gen Madden is a damn good game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »