Home

Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #185
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryank197
Complete bullpoo.

It wasnt a masterpiece, but played like crap? There are still many aspects of 2K5 that play better than Madden 25....well, at least if you actually know anything about football and value football being realistically emulated in the game.

Far from perfect, but if 2K5 played like "crap", what does that say about Madden?
NFL2K has this mythical following. The game had issues. It's running game was WAY TOO EASY for one. I thought the player models were lacking. Online? Well, 2k seems to have issues with online play in all their games....Just look at NBA2k14. Yes, NFL2K had some nice gameplay features...some very innovative. However, people give that game way too much credit. And to judge Madden 15 on 20 secs of trailer footage? Really?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #186
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Finally getting decent presentation would go a long way towards killing off the ghost of NFL 2K5. I'm excited about the pre-game and half time shows.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #187
Banned

Re: Madden NFL 15 Official Trailer, Ultimate Edition Details and a Few Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
They are coming from memory admittedly. From what I remember, Madden sold around 8-9mil copies of 2005 on all plats and 2k sold just under 4mil. So really not 14mil but 12-13mil.

I have not checked VGchartz, but those numbers were stuck in my head from other articles I had read, and I have a pretty good memory. I also don't know if VG counts PC or not.

Either way, if I am wrong and it isn't 12-13mil but 10mil, my argument still stands. The only thing that changes is the percentage of the target audience lost. It's still a huge % though.
Those 2K5 numbers are misleading. They sold the game for $19.99 to try to grab market share. That's why they lost the NFL license. So we don't know how well 2k5 would have sold at $49.99
Old 06-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #188
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfrog
EA sports its in the game yea right !!!!!
Great contribution to the thread.

------------------

One of the many reasons of your "Why?" question Sage.

I really want to discuss and help get what we ALL want in the game.
Just the constant drive by bashes make it not worth it.
If most that do care about the game would help weed out these constant posts that don't do anything, instead of liking every post, we may get somewhere eventually.

And with that I'm out. Will hope to have some serious discussions in the furture after EA and the months before release.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 06-06-2014 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:58 PM   #189
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I was going to respond to a few of your statements, but this will do.

I haven't looked at the OS rules in a long time, but things tend to go smooth when folks keep their opinions on the games and off other members. Just saying.

But to respond, I know what football looks like and I know what changes I've been waiting for Madden to make. A few seconds of certain plays is all I need. Outside runs are one of those plays. What the o-line does and how the d-line reacts is one of the things I used to critique very hard. How the contain & force defenders react is another. Nothing's changed in regard to what I know should happen.

Show me a few seconds of a drop back pass and I'll instantly know if they've addressed my concerns on those types of plays. Show me a QB scrambling out of the pocket...

Your version and my version of plays well are different. Our expectations are different. Respect that and stop name calling. I'm not saying anything about you personally because you like what I feel is not much more than a prettier Tecmo Bowl.
Amen!!!

Oh and if you watch the clip of JJ WATT clubbing the Olineman and ignore him and only watch the Jags QB, drop back animations have not been addressed.
Old 06-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #190
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Great contribution to the thread.

------------------

One of the many reasons of your "Why?" question Sage.

I really want to discuss and help get what we ALL want in the game.
Just the constant drive by bashes make it not worth it.
If most that do care about the game would help weed out these constant posts that don't do anything, instead of liking every post, we may get somewhere eventually.

And with that I'm out. Will hope to have some serious discussions in the furture after EA and the months before release.
Youre kidding yourself.

Even if the discussions on here "bash free", that wouldnt change anything.

And no offense, but you just sound like someone who cant handle people criticizing Madden...criticisms that are entirely legit that EA has continously ignored....even from the people who have been civil about it for the last 7 or 8 years.
Old 06-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #191
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackyoldman
NFL2K has this mythical following. The game had issues. It's running game was WAY TOO EASY for one. I thought the player models were lacking. Online? Well, 2k seems to have issues with online play in all their games....Just look at NBA2k14. Yes, NFL2K had some nice gameplay features...some very innovative. However, people give that game way too much credit. And to judge Madden 15 on 20 secs of trailer footage? Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wackyoldman
Those 2K5 numbers are misleading. They sold the game for $19.99 to try to grab market share. That's why they lost the NFL license. So we don't know how well 2k5 would have sold at $49.99
Steering the discussion a bit - there's some talk about NFL 2K in reference to Madden in this thread which has gone unchecked up to this point, but talking about the merits of NFL 2K in isolation of Madden should go in the NFL 2K forum, please.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #192
Banned

SERIOUSLY??? ... another year of the game of having to go to instant replay just to see how the game SHOULD look during game play??.... this is unbelievable. I am at a loss for words, the graphics look almost the same as M25. The CK screenshot was absolutely too good to be true.

Credibility lost....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »