Home

Madden NFL 16 Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2015, 12:02 PM   #33
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 16 Screenshots

Ugh. Nighttime and indoor stadium lighting is still just too dark. It's like they are playing under minimal stadium lighting. Same as last year. And the "sheen" (shininess) on the uniforms is just way overdone.

In terms of the whole package I felt a little duped by Madden 15 (after not having bought it in 4 years). I think 16 may be another 'pass'
Old 05-14-2015, 12:06 PM   #34
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
When the hand towels were originally added, if I recall correctly the thing was that there wasn't enough processing power on the XBOX 360 / PS3 to do collision between the player and the towel properly if it was centered over the belt buckle, so the towel got moved to the side.

Based on how many complaints there are about equipment right now with the current screen shots, I'd fathom to guess that it just hasn't been touched since; I would fathom to guess that the new consoles could handle it now if Tiburon dedicated the time to changing it. I assume, however, that Tiburon doesn't really view hand towel refactoring as a high-priority thing compared to any number of core gameplay changes they made.
To my knowledge, there is a whole different team/person that is supposed to work on cosmetics including graphics. I could be wrong though.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:08 PM   #35
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
To my knowledge, there is a whole different team/person that is supposed to work on cosmetics including graphics. I could be wrong though.
I wouldn't be surprised if you were right. Certainly there's an art team and certainly there's a team focused on just 3D graphics rendering in the general case.

However, given how tightly development time and resources in franchised AAA games are budgeted, if it wasn't planned at the outset to refactor hand towels, it doesn't get done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 12:12 PM   #36
Banned

JetLife6's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I wouldn't be surprised if you were right. Certainly there's an art team and certainly there's a team focused on just 3D graphics rendering in the general case.

However, given how tightly development time and resources in franchised AAA games are budgeted, if it wasn't planned at the outset to refactor hand towels, it doesn't get done.
hand towels are one thing... but cleats, gloves, arm sleeves..etc. are another.

Its very odd to me because I know in EA NHL.. the equipment companies want their newest gear in the game each year. Why wouldn't nike, under armor etc. do the same with madden? What benefit does it give Nike to have cleats and gloves from 2007 in the game?

Also.. if they aren't going to update stuff.. why have a screenshot of Richard Sherman.. when it is so obvious that he needs his specific equipment.
Some of the logic and decision making by Tiburon PR is just baffling
Old 05-14-2015, 12:20 PM   #37
Rookie

iNolaNightmare's Arena

OVR: 1

I know it's been said a hundred times already but how can they leave out the armsleeve? I'm not even an equipment junkie but that is just so stupid! It is being worn by TONS of NFL players and it looks weird not seeing them wear it on the game. If RG3 can have it, then it's possible to implement.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:27 PM   #38
Banned

JetLife6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare
I know it's been said a hundred times already but how can they leave out the armsleeve? I'm not even an equipment junkie but that is just so stupid! It is being worn by TONS of NFL players and it looks weird not seeing them wear it on the game. If RG3 can have it, then it's possible to implement.
Honestly RG3 doesn't really even have one. They just developed an algorithm to have 'long sleeves' on only one of his arms. It never ends before the jersey cuff.. just goes right up into his pads.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:27 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 25

Ugh. I usually don't comment on stuff like this but I can't stand how dark and dull Madden looks. I thought for sure FOR SURE they would finally redo the lighting this year, but it appears identical to last year. Turn on some damn lights and move that brightness slider up EA come on.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:27 PM   #40
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare
I believe they stated the only way they go it on rg3 was because they made his actual player model that way. It's not a piece of equipment on him but it's his actual player model. The baffling thing is NCAA football was able to do it. You could put all types of sleeves on each arm individually. Same company

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »