Home

Madden NFL 16 Screenshots

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Screenshots within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2015, 12:43 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 16 Screenshots

well....15 looked good, so I agree with most that I'd rather them use the "graphical" resources on facial scan and equipment; I know tattoos were trademarked by Kaep which is why they were in last year so can't blame EA. Just gotta see this puppy in motion before I can really critique....

On a positive, I do like that all of the night screen shots are being played on the "Super Bowl 50" field so I like the skin along the lower bowl at Levi's. I know they aren't giving too much away, but I;m hoping they make the effort the NFL did by pumping the heck out of it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 01:17 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 7

I don't obviously know what kind of effort you guys put forth into each rendition of your game each year and I know it is wayyyy early, but when I don't even bother to look past the first couple of Madden 16 first glimpses of your "new" game out of sheer apathy it means something. I gotta tell you those screen shots were Madden 15 with a 16 overlay.

I really hope some day we get a bad *** football game, but it will be a surprise.
Old 05-14-2015, 01:32 PM   #43
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

What's with the Popeye arms on the QB's
Old 05-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 0
I said this last year when the Kaepernick screenshot dropped, it's stupid for them to add tattoos for some players (in this case one player) & not all players smh. Either have tatts for all players who have them or none at all. Looks more awkward to only have tatts on certain players than to have none in the game. If they can't "get the rights" for all players, just scrap the whole idea.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:24 PM   #45
Rookie

Dont wanna be the that guy that slams the fist ounce of anything we get but... damn. The little details that are little in consequence to the game, but are easy updates (gloves, towels, player models in to muscular build) is largely not just the same as M15, but the same since in 2011.

Not a deal breaker, not even close, but it is worth noting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 02:28 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3
the problem we have is the NFL, we need the encourage the NFL to end the exclusive license and open the door for third party developers to make games to force competition on EA, but the prospects and chances of that is slim to never....this is why the show and nba 2k are kicking their butts.
Old 05-14-2015, 02:36 PM   #47
Rookie

SunTunic's Arena

Icon13 Re: Madden NFL 16 Screenshots

The background looks the same as Madden 15...They need some realism coming from the fans area, you cant event see the fans faces in the stands.. All they did was highlight the fans clothing to match the teams colors...
Old 05-14-2015, 02:46 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL

Ugh. Nighttime and indoor stadium lighting is still just too dark. It's like they are playing under minimal stadium lighting. Same as last year. And the "sheen" (shininess) on the uniforms is just way overdone.

In terms of the whole package I felt a little duped by Madden 15 (after not having bought it in 4 years). I think 16 may be another 'pass'
MLBTS has this amazing color matching tech that they used to transform this year's game. They pulled real life samples of various parks and uniforms from different times of day and from different months of the season, put it on a half screen, then put the game on the other half of the screen and tuned the game till it matched.

What they found was that to make white uniforms look like real life, they had to be a little blue, actually--that, and tons of other really interesting stuff.

The net result was a game that REALLY looks like what you see on TV when you watch a game (though player models could be better).

Given that this tech exists, I think it's sorely needed in Madden. I have not been able to play as a dome team for years because the lighting is so bad indoors in Madden and looks so little like a real life broadcast. I pretty much only think the 1 PM games look decent. The 4 PM games are alright, but still not realistic looking.

The team should try using this tech and leave off attempting to render lighting and color as they're doing it now, since it doesn't appear to be working.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »