Home

Retractable Roofs Open?

This is a discussion on Retractable Roofs Open? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2017, 10:58 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Retractable Roofs Open?

Wanted to try and create a new thread for this response but I'm not allowed, newbie problems...

But essentially I think if they put a FIFA style pre-match menu it would make a big difference, could do it on all modes or just CFM, play now and online H2H.
  • First thing is the team selection and side select screen
  • Then kit select
  • Then playbook select
  • Then a bigger menu with options to change game settings including stadium (where roof open/closed would be in), quarter length, clock run off, weather, time etc like we have already before the match on play now
  • Also built into this menu would be a team management section, where EA could build in a much more advanced matchup control, let you alter depth charts before the match and perhaps even user control tendencies etc in the playbook based on the opposition to make play calling more intuitive in each match

This would be the classic thing we've heard this year where EA are building new things that in M18 have limited scope but can be massively expanded in future Maddens and change the way we play the game
Old 06-30-2017, 11:30 AM   #50
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

You would think that with all the new pregame stadium shots being added this year that this wouldn't still be an issue, I can see it now pregame shot of Dallas stadium with it open but once the game starts it's closed. Madden has never been one for small details, things like this are overlooked on a yearly basis.
Old 07-01-2017, 01:59 PM   #51
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
That is a little bit of a bummer that we won't be able to have open roofs in CFM especially with the new frostbite engine and the improvements to the lighting.
Those improvements remain to be seen. I was expecting Frostbite to introduce more dynamic sidelines but the players still looked straight ahead like zombies in the videos that I saw.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2017, 02:00 PM   #52
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I have no clue why. I would be fine with just having roofs open at random if it's to hard to let us pick if we want it open or closed.
It's weak decision making from the management team. Like offering the chance to select the CPU v CPU at the team selection screen. Small details matter in a sports video game more than in any other genre.

Last edited by RogerDodger; 07-01-2017 at 02:34 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 12:56 PM   #53
Rookie

Honestly, for those saying it's not that big of deal, I beg to differ.

I work in sales and account management, let me tell you, the clients LOVE the little things that we provide for them. Rather it be a flier talking about a new product we are trying to develop or rather it be a simple phone call letting them know we finalized an on-going issue. The key is they love the little things.

So I believe having the option to choose to retract the roof or close the roof in franchise mode IS HUGE to the consumer(especially to us traditional sim players)

I like to rebuild my stadiums in my franchise modes, not only are the designs of the stadiums bland and boring and you are only limited to 4 or 5 stadiums types, but even when you choose the retractable roof stadium you don't even have the option to retract it.

One last thing on why I believe retractable roofs should be an integral part of Madden Franchise mode. This is where the market is going(as far as stadiums being built in the future) These new stadiums are no longer "Football" stadiums. These are multi-sporting arenas that have the flexibility to host a outside football game in November then a indoor basketball game in March, then an outdoor soccer game in June, then a indoor music concert in August. Yes that last point may be a little off topic for the specific game we are talking about, however, I think it speaks volume to the small details that still needs to be addressed in the Madden franchise.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-02-2017, 01:09 PM   #54
Banned

Brightline's Arena

How many man hours would this really take? That's what kills me here, it seems like such an easy thing to fix.

Of course I must admit I am not a programmer and have no idea if that's right.

Last edited by Brightline; 07-05-2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-02-2017, 02:27 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightline
How many man hours would this really take? That's what kills me here, it seems like such an easy thing to fix.

Of course I just admit I am not a programmer and have no idea if that's right.
It shouldnt be a huge fix because it's already in the game(during the play now sessions) it just needs to somehow be ported over to the franchise mode.

FIFA has it and MLB the show has it....madden however does not.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2017, 10:22 AM   #56
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

I can almost guarantee it would take less time to port it into CFM than it took to create all of those stadiums with open roofs. It's crazy to have those stadiums in a mode that is barely used and not in the most popular mode.

The Show let's you play in ANY stadium in any game and you can pick the weather, just like in Fifa. They really need to make this happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »