Home

Retractable Roofs Open?

This is a discussion on Retractable Roofs Open? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2017, 11:20 PM   #17
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Retractable Roofs Open?

I looked at the tweet and Clint said "he doesn't believe so". So maybe they did add that option but I just doesn't know for sure. Maybe the guy who works on CFM could answer it.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:47 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

It's inexcusable IMO. It's obvious to me that the odds EA fixing or adding the things veteran football gamers really crave, like what is in 2k5 or Head Coach '09, are a longshot.
Old 06-11-2017, 11:49 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
It's inexcusable IMO. It's obvious to me that the odds EA fixing or adding the things veteran football gamers really crave, like what is in 2k5 or Head Coach '09, are a longshot.
Ok that's on purpose right?
Old 06-12-2017, 12:25 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Uggghhhhh!!!! I dealt with this last year!!! Lol. New atl Mercedes-benz stadium. I've lived in that damn dome for 20 years!!! I want to see the sunlight on the field!! And, with frostbite?!! Oh, man, seriously, this is actually pretty disappointing. And, it just really is one of those odd things. One can never know how tricky the code is unless he's a developer on the team. But, weather and open/closed stadiums should be an option for every single game in every single game mode. I just don't get this. And, speaking from a developer perspective, I truly find it hard to believe it would be that difficult. At some point in the code before the game itself loads, it's taking in environmental parameters like 'outside, rain, 4:00 pm'. In order to set these, u would need to rework the UI before the game starts to add those as possible parameters. I truly feel this might take like a week for 1 developer to accomplish. Lol. Oy, whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Like you said it's tough to know how hard it is without being a developer, but it doesn't seem like it should be THAT hard to add a roof open/closed option to the screen where you pick your uniform, playbook, etc. Just leave the option entirely up to the user, don't rely on the cpu recognizing weather that calls for the roof to be closed
Old 06-12-2017, 08:36 AM   #21
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

So they can make a stupid story mode that nobody wants or asked for but they can't put the same options that are in Play Now into CFM. This is mighty frustrating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2017, 09:20 AM   #22
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13

Really sad they still neglect to fix or even patch this feature in.. I don't get it

Why not let us choose if we want it opened or closed or just fix the thing completely I hope they fix it b4 launch Cuz it should be in..

Sent from my SM-G920T using Operation Sports mobile app

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!
Old 06-12-2017, 09:23 AM   #23
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

I was sure that we would be able to this year with the inclusion of Frostbite. They rave about how good the new lighting, shadows, etc. yet we wont get to experience that if we play with teams that have retractable roofs. I was really looking forward to seeing how Mercedes Benz Stadium looked with the roof open.

PS: I tweeted Clint, John & Rex to see if there was a possibility to get this in before release.

Last edited by JayD; 06-12-2017 at 09:33 AM.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #24
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I was sure that we would be able to this year with the inclusion of Frostbite. They rave about how good the new lighting, shadows, etc. yet we wont get to experience that if we play with teams that have retractable roofs. I was really looking forward to seeing how Mercedes Benz Stadium looked with the roof open.

PS: I tweeted Clint, John & Rex to see if there was a possibility to get this in before release.
Sick. Let us know if you hear anything. This and ability to choose weather for CFM would be massive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »