Home

Safties reacting to the run unrealistically.

This is a discussion on Safties reacting to the run unrealistically. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2015, 11:18 PM   #25
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Safties reacting to the run unrealistically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
So INT slider is overall defensive awareness

Pass reaction is run/pass reaction priority

Pass coverage is what exactly? How well they play their zone/man?

We lowered INT from 48 to 43 in our league and I definitely have noticed coverage bein much softer and guys getting beat more often, so this makes sense
In my experience, the pass coverage slider influences:

1) Effectiveness of Pass Coverage

2) Effectiveness of Pass Rush

But it also has a "run versus pass defense" aspect to it...

At lower settings (43) they're playing the run more than at a higher setting (48), ergo looser coverage...

#toofewsliderstiedtotoomanythings

It also affects CPU playcalling in that, at a high setting (above 50) the CPU "thinks" you're too good and / or prepared to defend the pass and calls more run plays AND takes fewer deep shots...

The only way to mitigate that USED TO BE the Coach Philosophy sliders, but they took those away too...

That's why most USER v CPU sets use default...knowingly or not...

It affects a few things, INCLUDING CPU playcalls...

Last edited by KingV2k3; 10-28-2015 at 11:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2015, 11:37 PM   #26
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm really this close to throw the towel and just play default and try to live with safeties being to overpowered

I'm kind of tired of testing and testing it never ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2015, 12:05 AM   #27
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0

Tired of watching my LB's and DB's just stand there and gain a extra 5yrds.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:17 AM   #28
MVP

booker21's Arena

My biggest issue is that while safeties does lead teams in tackles most of the time. But at the same time the cpu is weak in rushing.

So I can't have both. If the DL and LB get more involve and get more tackles the cpu rushing is weak. While if the cpu get decent. They safeties are back on top of the board. If the cpu get ok rushing safeties are still on top.

Because of this I don't think this can't be fix it.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:27 AM   #29
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
These guy is Taylor. He is 71 ovr. He is not Ed reed. Neither palamalou and still he is on deep coverage and he react faster than any other player. lB are still doing lateral movement and he is already tackling the RB!!

I can't believe some people just defend the game blindly. This is not realistic at all. Sorry.

What play did the defense call here? The FS is close to the LOS..Was he M2M on the RB?

Kinda looks like a Cover 3 with a Safety blitz...Difficult to tell cause I cannot see where there CB's are positioned pre-snap, but the SS moves to the center field after the snap with the CB's dropping back deep...

The majority of tackles in the NFL are between LB's and safeties...

Last edited by 4thQtrStre5S; 10-29-2015 at 03:49 AM.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:39 AM   #30
MVP

Toupal's Arena

Just to add to this. I HATE how players in coverage who have their backs to the play instantly know when and where the ball is once a pass is out of the quarterbacks hand or even if he takes off running.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:05 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 1

Not sure if anyone else tested out the above suggestion to try INT = 40 and Pass Reaction =60, but I did a quick test last night. Now, in theory, this should make the run game better but it did not. In fact, it was the exact opposite. Granted, it was only one game, but both USER and CPU defenses swarmed to the ball carrier on almost every play. I play Coach Mode, so I just watched, and both teams' RBs couldn't make anything happen. I think by the half both had only like 12 carriers for 20 yards and you could just see it in the game play. The defense just seemed to key in on the run and react faster.

So, I quit that game and just started simple...I just made INT = 40 for both teams, and wow, what a difference. Both USER and CPU ran very well. You could see the defensive players not react as quickly to the play. The downside was this setting opened up the pass game just a little bit. But I need to do more testing across several games to see if that's a real issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2015, 08:57 AM   #32
MVP

booker21's Arena

Safties reacting to the run unrealistically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
What play did the defense call here? The FS is close to the LOS..Was he M2M on the RB?

Kinda looks like a Cover 3 with a Safety blitz...Difficult to tell cause I cannot see where there CB's are positioned pre-snap, but the SS moves to the center field after the snap with the CB's dropping back deep...

The majority of tackles in the NFL are between LB's and safeties...

No both vídeos the defense is cover 4.

Yesterday's I went directly to practice and on cover 4 the safeties react extremely quick. As you can see on the videos.

I called cover 4 on 4-3 and on offense I called single back with 2te as the first video and run it 10 times. 7 times the Safties tackle the RB.

On patch #2 I saw that ea tune down the Safties reaction when being on cover 4. It seems they didn't tune down enough.

Again this happens every single game. Both Safties are taking tackles that should be from the front 7.

This is from the patch notes. It seems they forgot to included or they need to tune it down even more. This was an issue from the start.

Addressed issue where safeties in Cover 4 Deep assignments were reacting to run too quickly

Last edited by booker21; 10-29-2015 at 09:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »