Home

Madden NFL 17 First Look Trailer and Five Things You Must Know About the Game

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 17 First Look Trailer and Five Things You Must Know About the Game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2016, 08:20 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 17 First Look Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceg0st
My initial thought immediately after the video ended... 'That was it?'
while i wasn't blown away by the trailer, we are a month away from seeing the game in full at EA play. a reveal trailer is the least of my worries
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 08:23 PM   #26
Banned

WISports's Arena

There's a reason EA dropped their slogan "If It's In the Game, It's In the Game".
Old 05-12-2016, 08:29 PM   #27
Rookie

Does anyone know if the player models changed? The lineman still look a little too small to me (maybe it's just me...idk) And i'm thinking/hoping those aren't the FINAL arm sleeves.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:30 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 2

Meh. Pretty much what I expected.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:31 PM   #29
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Ehh, the trailer did nothing for me. The details released about gameplay is what has me giddy.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:50 PM   #30
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8

Man this trailer is really disappointing for me. Line play doesn't look to have been addressed at all, you have Gronk playing as an elusive runner when he has time and time been a power guy (big body TE that breaks out of tackles not avoids them). I'm not a big equipment guy so I have no real complaints about that (except it is hilarious he has a sleeve on the in game shots but not in the out of game shots).

As first impressions go I am severely underwhelmed, especially with the flavor trailer being a fake field goal which rarely is successful and is usually only successful when the ball carrier is untouched or only has one man to beat. I'm also disappointed that running the ball hasn't seemed to be addressed as far as movement with defenders and contact with defenders. It also doesn't give me much hope for defense as the angles and reaction from defenders against Gronk doing things like juking or hurdling of all people is extremely poor form, who the heck lets Gronk spin, juke, and hurdle them without making any real attempt at contact.

All that said, I'm going to ignore this trailer as anything more than flavor trailer to get people excited that doesn't have any true indication of the actual feature (and hopefully was made early in the games cycle). I'll hold my judgement until I see some actual gameplay and see how they have improved on CFM to pass judgement.

Edit:
This was written before I saw the info posted in the 3 phases thread. Which has improved my outlook, now hopefully we get some actual videos displaying the things they are talking about. It also leads me to believe that this is indeed just a flavor trailer.

Last edited by Ampking101; 05-12-2016 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Saw the 3 phases thread detailing actual additions.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:07 PM   #31
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Until I see an actual "Game Play" video I am not moved either way; this video showed more of the real life Gronk, than the in game Gronk, and was more a stuttering special effects show than a Football game show; I am surprised they didn't add in a reverse slow-mo effect of Gronk hurdling the Jet defender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 09:26 PM   #32
Rookie

This game will never reach its full potential until the foundation is fixed which is gameplay...New equipment,that's cool,gap assignments that's cool but how the overall game plays is ridiculous at times as far as animations and it seems like the dev team keeps giving us the same excuse every year that they know overall animations is lacking and they keep procrastinating like it's not one of the biggest parts of the game.simply are you going to fix them or not???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »