Home

I cannot get pressure

This is a discussion on I cannot get pressure within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2016, 05:41 PM   #41
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I cannot get pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
To be fair, I'll have to go back and play stock All Madden and All Pro again to continue the discussion and give my analysis. I've played with sliders the past few games so my judgment of the current line play could be blurred.
Stock difficulty gets you no pressure. Pass block at 35 was getting no pressure. I went down to 15 and that seems good so far.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 06:08 PM   #42
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Stock difficulty gets you no pressure. Pass block at 35 was getting no pressure. I went down to 15 and that seems good so far.

That's not true. It took me like 2 minutes to find evidence of good quick pressure on stock difficulties on youtube. First video I watched.

https://youtu.be/FogpvOKeo6Q

Go to 18 minutes in and watch how quick Russel Wilson must get rid of the ball. I want you or anybody else to post footage of stock difficulties where the qb was not hurried at all for the entire game. Stop making stuff up. Just say it's not generated as much as you would like.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:18 PM   #43
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Ok, almost no pressure. I would say that 60-70% of the time, a qb had a solid 3 seconds to just stand there and look around. On 15 this isn't a problem.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #44
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
Ok, almost no pressure. I would say that 60-70% of the time, a qb had a solid 3 seconds to just stand there and look around. On 15 this isn't a problem.

That's probably more pressure than real life man. I posted some statistics already.

Qbs are pressures on averge roughly 33% of the time. It ranges from the 20's to 40's. Some lines are worse and some are better and some qbs get rid of the ball quicker than others.

Those percentages were pretty dead on you gave me.

I understand the animations and pocket may not be perfect but I never really argued that.

Last edited by Dwaresacksqb; 08-26-2016 at 06:23 PM.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:21 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Yea I'm playing on All-Pro and as the Rams I was seeing pressure probably around that 30% of the time mentioned earlier. Haven't changed one gameplay slider yet. Only thing I changed was moving up an auto sub in slider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2016, 06:21 PM   #46
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
That's probably more pressure than real life man. I posted some statistics already.
I don't mean a breakthrough. I mean the qb didn't have to move because he had 7 feet of space. That doesn't happen very often in real life. Pockets shrink, even without a breakthrough. So a guy like Watt may not get through, but he'll push his guy closer to the qb and shrink the pocket.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:35 PM   #47
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

I'm also not saying sliders can't help with animations and pocket and what not. I'm just saying that if you don't get that nice jump off the line and win that first move. Good luck getting off your block. It's like that in real life.

A lot of people were complaining about lineman being "sticky". But those big boys upfront in real life are more than sticky. There's a reason the best D lineman in the game have a great jump off the line. There's a reason d lineman try to time the snap count. They NEED all the help they can get. Once those Mammoths get their paws inside you, you are pretty much finished unless the coverage is great.
Old 08-26-2016, 09:51 PM   #48
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
A lot of people were complaining about lineman being "sticky". But those big boys upfront in real life are more than sticky. There's a reason the best D lineman in the game have a great jump off the line. There's a reason d lineman try to time the snap count. They NEED all the help they can get. Once those Mammoths get their paws inside you, you are pretty much finished unless the coverage is great.
The reason it feels sticky for me is they removed the ability to move while still engaged. The line play has taken a big step back for me because of that. It's bad enough the win or lose animations are so drastic, but now if you lose you're pretty much powerless and have to rely on your AI teammates to get pressure, and they aren't always the brightest. I just don't understand why they'd remove this. I thought they'd expand it to the AI, but they removed it totally.....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »