Home

EA Rolls Out Update for Madden CFM, Tweaked Upgrades and Draft Classes

This is a discussion on EA Rolls Out Update for Madden CFM, Tweaked Upgrades and Draft Classes within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2016, 10:14 PM   #89
Banned

rich8682's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Rolls Out Update for Madden CFM, Tweaked Upgrades and Draft Classes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I never looked at the real rookies. I cant name 5 ratings of rookies off the top of my head. I looked at the lowered ratings scale put in place this year and what a typical starters rating looks like. and judging off of that, its easily determined that the generated rookie classes produce far too many good players. throw in the fact that you've got ridiculous 6'4 CBs and a plethora of 6'6 WRs and it just equates to a completely unrealistic draft experience. Now you might say hey it all worked out with the price of XP packages and all that but that means the XP packages are an issue, not the draft classes. Generated players come into the league with way too high ratings. Not just compared to the base rookie class, but to the base roster, and to the way a typical real life draft goes. Draft classes should be round 1 starter, round 2 possibly a starter, round 3 good backup rare starter, round 4-7 backup. not finding starters in round 1 2 & 3.

If you're fine with reliably finding 3+ starters every draft, and finding 6'4 deion sanders and 6'6 antonio browns then I can see why you like the current draft classes. But if not, I simply cannot fathom how anyone can say the new draft classes tuner is a mistake.
I'm not calling you out in particular man. I'm just saying, some people used flawed logic, pointing to the real rookies, when some will definitely be in the 80s by seasons end. Look at a guy like Todd Gurley. As far as 6'4 corners and 6'6 wideouts, I have yet to see one that's a good starter in any of my test cfms. Most of the huge fast guys are trash.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2016, 10:15 PM   #90
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich8682
I'm not calling you out in particular man.
no worries man I understood that
Old 09-13-2016, 10:19 PM   #91
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
no worries man I understood that
Oh alright. You are right about the ratings I think. I just don't think it's a good idea to lower them with how expensive and tough to get xp is this year. I agree that past the 2nd round, you shouldn't be finding instant starters. But I feel like the high xp cost will screw things up, especially for olinemen. You saw that we had to crank up sliders to 300 to get good results for interior linemen. Maybe I'll mess around with 4 week progression again.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 11:43 AM   #92
Rookie

Anybody notice that it is harder to run the ball after the new update? I was constantly trucking and breaking at least 1 tackle with Derrick Henry prior to the update, but now it seems the safety or lb instantly tackles me.
Old 09-14-2016, 11:46 AM   #93
Pro

OVR: 1

I like the idea of lowering the draft class, but only after a certain round. Like it's been said, exp is harder to get, so that should play a part. We shouldn't have to then up the exp sliders to compensate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #94
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

Latest from twitter.
SWEET!

That means you will not be forced out in offline CFM's as well (once the big patch finally comes)
Old 09-14-2016, 01:15 PM   #95
Pro

Quote:
I never looked at the real rookies. I cant name 5 ratings of rookies off the top of my head. I looked at the lowered ratings scale put in place this year and what a typical starters rating looks like. and judging off of that, its easily determined that the generated rookie classes produce far too many good players. throw in the fact that you've got ridiculous 6'4 CBs and a plethora of 6'6 WRs and it just equates to a completely unrealistic draft experience. Now you might say hey it all worked out with the price of XP packages and all that but that means the XP packages are an issue, not the draft classes. Generated players come into the league with way too high ratings. Not just compared to the base rookie class, but to the base roster, and to the way a typical real life draft goes. Draft classes should be round 1 starter, round 2 possibly a starter, round 3 good backup rare starter, round 4-7 backup. not finding starters in round 1 2 & 3.

If you're fine with reliably finding 3+ starters every draft, and finding 6'4 deion sanders and 6'6 antonio browns then I can see why you would say it 'works well'. But if not, I simply cannot fathom how anyone can say the new draft classes tuner is a mistake.

Spot on

People are just mad cause they're not getting as many good players. There were wayyyyy too many 80s and upper 70s generated.

This patch (hopefully coming soon for offline) is critical.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2016, 01:21 PM   #96
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

There weren't good 6'4 CB's or 6'6 WR's every year before the fix. I don't know why that's some assumed fact. I found ONE "good" 6'4 CB in over 20 drafts. Just because people came into this thread and said OMG 6'4 CB does not mean it was a common happening in drafts. It wasn't. I loved the drafts the way they were, but I guess people complained and got their way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »