Home

Negotiations? Are there any. ? Or is it me.

This is a discussion on Negotiations? Are there any. ? Or is it me. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 03:32 PM   #25
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Negotiations? Are there any. ? Or is it me.

I haven't been able to sign a guy for anything less than what he wanted exactly. Gave a dude the same rate of money per year, but one less year and he declined and decided to test Fa.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 04:19 PM   #26
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0

In my opinion the "fair offer" is usually the most team friendly offer you're going to get, especially if you don't want to give them a longer contract.

If you shorten the years then you have to grossly overpay and increase the guarantee.

If you shorten the bonus at all, you have to grossly make it up in cap hit salary.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:43 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
In my opinion the "fair offer" is usually the most team friendly offer you're going to get, especially if you don't want to give them a longer contract.

If you shorten the years then you have to grossly overpay and increase the guarantee.

If you shorten the bonus at all, you have to grossly make it up in cap hit salary.
agreed. these are the most realistic contracts we've seen in madden.

that said, the FA list once the season has started is way off. having UDFA, even if they're 70 OVR, getting $1.5m plus is not realsitic.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

I had a really weird in season negotiation with Kyle Long. I tried to give him an extension that would be close to the one he got in real life, which had a ton of guaranteed money. I offered him $2.3 million per year for 5 years with a $30 million signing bonus. He turned it down because he didn't like the salary so the next week I gave him a higher salary with a lower signing bonus and he still turned it down for too low of a salary. Next week I made the salary even higher and bonus lower and he accepted. So he spent two weeks turning down offers so that he could get less guaranteed money
Old 09-18-2016, 02:04 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I haven't read the thread so I may be repeating what others have said, but it could be due to team prestige.

As the Ravens I am able to negotiate a lot and sometimes I end up signing a guy for much less than what he was asking for.

It still needs to be greatly improved though.
Old 09-18-2016, 02:14 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleveCluby
WOW. I can't believe you guys are getting negotiations. For me it's been cut and dry, usually one offer. They either take it or lock me out, I even set up a dummy league to try different offers. I am the Browns though, They are really a bad team with a lot of Rookies on it. New Coach, Bad team, Losing record, maybe that's the reason. If I were a pro, probably wouldn't want to play there either.
Hopefully a dumb question, but when are you negotiating? You are not waiting until after the regular season to make offers are you?
Old 09-18-2016, 02:18 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21

that said, the FA list once the season has started is way off. having UDFA, even if they're 70 OVR, getting $1.5m plus is not realsitic.
Yeah the free agent pool is a mess, I just signed a guy off someone's practice squad for $1.7 million. IRL practice squad guys make less than $100K, they should be willing to take the league minimum if you offer it to them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2016, 02:28 PM   #32
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Kind bugs a little bit that a 3rd string RB, who is never going to be featured back, won't take 200K less than market value in the regular season. If I decide that I really want him back, then I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to get him back on the cheap in FA.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »