Home

Madden 18 Story Mode - Let's talk

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Story Mode - Let's talk within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2017, 05:04 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden 18 Story Mode - Let's talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
As long as I can mash my controller to run a 4.4 40 or rep 30+ on the bench press, I'm good!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
OMG, you just gave me Madden 95 (or was it '96) flashbacks! One of the Maddens in the mid-nineties had you create a player and then run them through a few drills. How well you mashed the buttons was how good your player was. I was terrible at mashing buttons so my WR player had like 65 speed. Needless to say, didn't play that year's Madden for long.
And that how it first was on the PS3. I was also bad at mashing buttons to get a good 40 times and weight reps. I still can remember who your players who look without pads if you went over a certain weight. Your player would have a generated Lineman head and a slim CB/WR body lol.

I definitely think we will compete in combine drills. I think it is important for them to have a realistic combine experience. I don't to see 40 time and bench press results affect ratings, just draft projection. If they have a basic one like they did in the early PS3(I think 08 or 09), where 40, bench, a basic positional drill, that wouldn't cut it at all. Since most likely only one year of story, they have almost to match a realistic 1st year rookie experience.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:51 PM   #18
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

This is where EA could start building back up to an NCAA game and repairing those ties with no real fear of lawsuits over likeness ....please note before reading this is only a wish not anything that is probable to happen this year.

Firstly, you much reach out to multiple colleges and major Bowl affiliates to make this happen. If something can be agreed upon then the following could happen.

EA could basically go the Road to the Show route. Start in College. Granted depending on what teams want to be apart of this it could be limited. But start as a Freshman and you can play only every bowl game each year (reminder this is an NFL game, so playing every college game is most likely not a possibility due to lack of teams) Plus most Bowl Games are played in NFL Stadiums, so really the NFL only would have to secure rights to Bowl names.

After completion of college you would chose to come out as a Junior, risking draft stock or stay and play out all 4 years meaning you could play in the Senior Bowl.

This is where it gets tricky because ideally you would want to have a Combine, but that is difficult replicate, there for maybe those stats are generated based on your college performance. But you could replicate Pro Days based on positional drills.

Then comes the draft and NFL career.

Throughout this there would be a story mode with multiple paths based on decisions you make.

Once again....this is most likely not the direction they are heading this year, but a thought for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 05-12-2017, 09:15 PM   #19
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

I like playing the story in Fifa when I need a break from my manager career. That being said I know resources had to be cut from somewhere just hope it wasn't all from franchise mode
Old 05-12-2017, 09:19 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
This is where EA could start building back up to an NCAA game and repairing those ties with no real fear of lawsuits over likeness ....please note before reading this is only a wish not anything that is probable to happen this year.

Firstly, you much reach out to multiple colleges and major Bowl affiliates to make this happen. If something can be agreed upon then the following could happen.

EA could basically go the Road to the Show route. Start in College. Granted depending on what teams want to be apart of this it could be limited. But start as a Freshman and you can play only every bowl game each year (reminder this is an NFL game, so playing every college game is most likely not a possibility due to lack of teams) Plus most Bowl Games are played in NFL Stadiums, so really the NFL only would have to secure rights to Bowl names.

After completion of college you would chose to come out as a Junior, risking draft stock or stay and play out all 4 years meaning you could play in the Senior Bowl.

This is where it gets tricky because ideally you would want to have a Combine, but that is difficult replicate, there for maybe those stats are generated based on your college performance. But you could replicate Pro Days based on positional drills.

Then comes the draft and NFL career.

Throughout this there would be a story mode with multiple paths based on decisions you make.

Once again....this is most likely not the direction they are heading this year, but a thought for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I fully agree. That is also very similar to how NBA 2k did it last couple years as far implementing NCAA. I really miss NCAA, it was almost there as far complete wise. I would always buy NCAA and skip on Madden. I think NCAA would be one of best sports game if it would have continued as into current gen.

Even Peter Moore said he would like to bring it back, but the issue with Likeness is a big reason why not. It really isn't a video game issue. Once/If NCAA and athletes can come to agreement about something(don't felt like this is the topic for this discussion), NCAA is probably a while away.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
I like playing the story in Fifa when I need a break from my manager career. That being said I know resources had to be cut from somewhere just hope it wasn't all from franchise mode
While I do think that is definitely a cause for concern. But I think the main cause for lack of focus to franchise modes in most sports games now, is the focus of online features. Like MUT/Cards, Park/Teamup in NBA 2k for example. Online and career is a priority nowadays. In the PS2/Xbox era, Franchise was king. Obviously with 2k5, but Madden 05 franchise was very good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2017, 05:01 AM   #22
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

A proper career mode story in Madden would have to include at least a small selection of college teams, as per NBA 2k, right? Your football career starts well before the draft.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:49 AM   #23
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
A proper career mode story in Madden would have to include at least a small selection of college teams, as per NBA 2k, right? Your football career starts well before the draft.
Maybe, but to be fair, as far as most NFL audience members are concerned, they don't get to know the player until the combine. So starting there isn't so unreasonable.

I hope someday they can add some customization. Maybe I want the player to have an ODB blonde mowhawk? Maybe I want his dad to be a former NFL player? Etc.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:55 AM   #24
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
While I do think that is definitely a cause for concern. But I think the main cause for lack of focus to franchise modes in most sports games now, is the focus of online features. Like MUT/Cards, Park/Teamup in NBA 2k for example. Online and career is a priority nowadays. In the PS2/Xbox era, Franchise was king. Obviously with 2k5, but Madden 05 franchise was very good.
2K actually still put's a lot of effort into their MyGM/Association modes it's the deepest in any sports game. The Park and MYCareer may be more popular but they don't allow that to take away from their franchise type modes. My guess is that their team is way bigger than Madden's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »