Home

Leaked madden 18 e3

This is a discussion on Leaked madden 18 e3 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2017, 04:33 PM   #97
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Leaked madden 18 e3

I love the incomplete pass by Cam.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:35 PM   #98
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Good points as usual adembroski. That's a reason I stated I'd reserve judgment until further vids. Understand, that's been a primary personal issue I've had with Madden for over a decade now so I'm kinda traumatized lol!
No disagreement. Blocking animations/physics are still my biggest arguments with Madden as well.

Rex was talking in one interview how sim guys want to see those sailed throws from a clean pocket from lower end guys because we do find that realism fun when we have to find a way to overcome less talented players. While that's true, typically any NFL QB will hit most throws from a clean pocket. Madden's problem is far too many throws are made from a clean pocket. 6, 7, 8 seconds to hold the ball makes announcers gasp at the protection in NFL games. In Madden, 5 is about par.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:38 PM   #99
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
https://youtu.be/kIY__I3lExc
Def see better player movement in this vid
Player movement definitely looks better. Looks like players have more weight and they move more deliberately.

Blocking animations look better as well. As well as an inaccurate pass.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:46 PM   #100
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I love the incomplete pass by Cam.
Definitely. It's hard to tell because he didn't attempt a catch but that's the kind of pass in the past where there was tons of potential for warping and unnatural boosts to make an animation fit.

The OL in the sack play didn't look good. You can see the C really unnaturally warp into a spot to make a block while the LG does nothing while the LT slow dances with the end. Definitely something I'm going to keep my eyes on because that was one of my biggest issues with 17.

Also, this game is going to look incredible visually. Benjamin on the outside looks huge and the lighting and colors look great even for off-screen footage. Once we start getting into dynamic weather and things like that it's going to look absolutely unreal visually.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:57 PM   #101
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Leaked madden 18 e3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
https://youtu.be/kIY__I3lExc
Def see better player movement in this vid

I love how u can hear Rex at the end yelling at this guy to stop filming. Lol.

Another quick thing here, and unfortunately, it's now a theme. I know many are saying in the skins vid, the FB wouldn't block that blitzing LB, but I'm still seeing that lack of understanding an 'immediate threat'. On one of these plays, the C, I believe has no one to block, he moves to the right to find someone. The LE just releases from the RT, I wanted to see the C pick that guy up, but instead, he double teams or triple teams in an awkward way, and the LE ends up hitting the QB.

These things are always tough. U can argue that in real life, he wouldn't see it quick enough or something, and maybe, in essence, as a video game, we can see these things quicker or something, lol, but I still just don't feel like the coding for any single player, Olinemen, WR, RB, or any defensive player on an INT return (someone pointed this out on the Dallas INT), has the concept of 'immediate threat block' and/or they aren't decisive enough. Like, I want the player to be looking for a block, and if some new threat arises, and it's closest to him and/or greatest threat to the ball, I want him to heat seek it! And, we've just never had that.

Instead, again, unfortunately, what we have is pre-play concept of who to block, and during play, 'I'm going to block my assigned man and that's ALL im blocking!! Now, where is that Safety? 30 yards downfield? I GOT THIS!!' Lol

The game is still going to be good. I'm looking forward to a lot. But, I have to admit, I was hoping this was a legacy issue that got cleaned up. And, every year, we do seem to hear, 'blocking has been fixed. Yes, we took care of that,' etc. So, I'm not sure they see this as a problem, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2017, 04:58 PM   #102
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
The first play the pass rush looks pretty meh, but the second one kerrigan had a nice push from the edge.
And Kanobi's fears confirmed. No urgency, explosion from the ends once again.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:09 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I love how u can hear Rex at the end yelling at this guy to stop filming. Lol.

Another quick thing here, and unfortunately, it's now a theme. I know many are saying in the skins vid, the FB wouldn't block that blitzing LB, but I'm still seeing that lack of understanding an 'immediate threat'. On one of these plays, the C, I believe has no one to block, he moves to the right to find someone. The LE just releases from the RT, I wanted to see the C pick that guy up, but instead, he double teams or triple teams in an awkward way, and the LE ends up hitting the QB.

These things are always tough. U can argue that in real life, he wouldn't see it quick enough or something, and maybe, in essence, as a video game, we can see these things quicker or something, lol, but I still just don't feel like the coding for any single player, Olinemen, WR, RB, or any defensive player on an INT return (someone pointed this out on the Dallas INT), has the concept of 'immediate threat block' and/or they aren't decisive enough. Like, I want the player to be looking for a block, and if some new threat arises, and it's closest to him and/or greatest threat to the ball, I want him to heat seek it! And, we've just never had that.

Instead, again, unfortunately, what we have is pre-play concept of who to block, and during play, 'I'm going to block my assigned man and that's ALL im blocking!! Now, where is that Safety? 30 yards downfield? I GOT THIS!!' Lol

The game is still going to be good. I'm looking forward to a lot. But, I have to admit, I was hoping this was a legacy issue that got cleaned up. And, every year, we do seem to hear, 'blocking has been fixed. Yes, we took care of that,' etc. So, I'm not sure they see this as a problem, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remember it is an alpha build. Would I be surprised if it was still this way in the final product? No. But maybe it's a bug or something can still be worked on.

Even though I understand the reason behind not letting people show an unfinished product, it can also be good to get bugs/glitches pointed out from the community. Noticing things like this can only help the developers look into whats going on there.

Also to your argument point, sometimes missed blocks can be good. They happen in real life. I'm sure we all wouldn't mind seeing missed blocks here and there. Especially if its a ratings based thing. However its about the consistency of the missed block which appears to be happening.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:13 PM   #104
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Remember it is an alpha build. Would I be surprised if it was still this way in the final product? No. But maybe it's a bug or something can still be worked on.

Even though I understand the reason behind not letting people show an unfinished product, it can also be good to get bugs/glitches pointed out from the community. Noticing things like this can only help the developers look into whats going on there.

Also to your argument point, sometimes missed blocks can be good. They happen in real life. I'm sure we all wouldn't mind seeing missed blocks here and there. Especially if its a ratings based thing. However its about the consistency of the missed block which appears to be happening.
Funny thing is I'm reading in one Madden thread about how Madden gives us all way too long to pass because of the pocket not collapsing right and then in another thread I am reading about how Madden offensive players miss obvious blocks they should pick up.

I know, I know, both are valid points depending upon the circumstance but still funny nonetheless.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »