Home

Madden 18 Impressions from MoonlightSwami

This is a discussion on Madden 18 Impressions from MoonlightSwami within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #25
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Madden 18 Impressions from MoonlightSwami

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
To be fair, no sports game does that yet. Would be nice though.

Doesn't NBA2K do this? At least they used to.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 03:37 PM   #26
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
With everything going on, coming out between longshot and what we might like going into CFM from longshot, etc, I was just curious what this community's opinion might be on this. And, I say this because we know longshot has combine and 7 v 7 drills, so I'm really curious in this specific question to the community.

Would u rather have:
1. 7 v 7 drills in CFM in some kind of tutorial mode that also affects weekly ratings (similar to what we have, today, I know, but just throwing that in as an additional item linked to 7v7). The ratings bump, of course, would not be huge (also, similar to what we have now with weekly training), but it would exist.
OR
2. Would u rather have a more interactive CGI experience inside CFM? Something like better overall interface instead of GUI. I'm thinking maybe, coach talking to u, scouts talking, and/or more importantly to me, interactive weekly information (weekly wrap up show of some type).

Those are your only 2 choices. Lol. I'm not trying to get into a 'what do u want in cfm' thing, here. I'm more curious to gauge the communities want or desire for more 'play mini game' stuff or more 'outside CGI immersion' stuff, maybe.

I may not be explaining this perfectly, but maybe,
1. Extra 'stuff' that has u play mini games
OR
2. Extra 'stuff' that adds immersion without u playing mini games.

The reason I think I'm asking this is that, I, personally don't want more mini games. I know I won't play more mini games. I just want to play the weekly games. Occasionally, I might play the skills trainer, so it's nice to have in there, but I, honestly, just don't use it enough.

However, I would absolutely love a weekly wrap up show. That is something I would watch every 'week' of the season. And/or, I can't think of how, exactly, they might add other immersion, but if they thought of something cool that had u interacting with your coach every week, or your agent, maybe? During contract negotiations? Make those more immersive so you're actually speaking with a CGI agent? And, they can break down the dollars and cents more?

Just curious.

Edit: I created a topic specifically for this to keep it separate if anyone's interested. I can't figure out how to link it, though. Lol. But, it's titled 'CFM - mini-games vs CGI'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CFM - mini games vs CGI
Old 06-15-2017, 03:42 PM   #27
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Doesn't NBA2K do this? At least they used to.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
In NBA 2k you can select a few players to bring in for predraft workouts and put them through a scrimmage.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Old 06-15-2017, 03:46 PM   #28
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

In all the impressions has anyone even mentioned off ball injuries? I would think a lot of people who played the game would be talking about that.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:48 PM   #29
Pro

Lexicon's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
In all the impressions has anyone even mentioned off ball injuries? I would think a lot of people who played the game would be talking about that.
It was mentioned that it doesn't look like off-ball injuries will be extensive injuries, meaning 1-2 week injuries. That could change, if that's true.

And yeah, visual scouting has definitely been done. Heck, Madden even used to do it with a College All-Star Game.
Old 06-15-2017, 03:52 PM   #30
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993

Thank u, kind sir. Seriously, not sure if it's because of the Tapatalk app on the phone, but, I just couldn't figure out where to get the link address from. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2017, 03:59 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexicon
It was mentioned that it doesn't look like off-ball injuries will be extensive injuries, meaning 1-2 week injuries. That could change, if that's true.

And yeah, visual scouting has definitely been done. Heck, Madden even used to do it with a College All-Star Game.
College Hoops 2k8 also had a college All-Star game. I can't remember if 2k7 had one or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2017, 04:00 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarris09
College Hoops 2k8 also had a college All-Star game. I can't remember if 2k7 had one or not.
Edit (not sure how to edit a post...), a high school All-Star game, not college. Same premise, however.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »