Home

Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Videos From E3 (Off-Camera)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Videos From E3 (Off-Camera) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2017, 01:16 PM   #89
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Videos From E3 (Off-Camera)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
So just hold theses events to writers and gaming companies , don't open it to the public and then say don't show anyone else.

As far as writers and interviews when they write or say how aspects of the game have kind of been addressed or this area wasn't touched but because if frostbite it should look better. I'm sorry but I can't gauge what that means unless I have some visual feedback correlating with what their saying.
And you'll get that feedback, just not when you want, lol. I mean they allegedly took resources from Madden to work on NBA Live, if that doesn't show that Live has been made to be a priority this year I don't know what else can. EA is business first. They know what they're doing, I don't like it, you don't like it, but it is what it is, and like I said before, whenever the footage drops, if you like what you see, you will forget any of this ever happened....

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 06-23-2017, 01:20 PM   #90
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
So just hold theses events to writers and gaming companies , don't open it to the public and then say don't show anyone else.

As far as writers and interviews when they write or say how aspects of the game have kind of been addressed or this area wasn't touched but because if frostbite it should look better. I'm sorry but I can't gauge what that means unless I have some visual feedback correlating with what their saying.
I'll break this down for you. The last E3 I went to (maybe 7 or 8 yrs ago), EA did not allow people to film. Neither did 2k. E3 was considered an insider industry event and they did not want footage of their game being released or placed on the net. The first two days they were constantly telling people to put their phones and handheld cameras away. The last day they had less employees monitoring the floor so people started recording a ton of videos.

E3 has always been that way. That doesnt mean that every company acts the same way as EA but plenty do. E3 isnt held so hardcore fans can watch video clips at home and comment on the game. Its for insiders to get a first look at the games.

Maybe you cant gauge what that the writers mean from and article but plenty of other people can. Also plenty of people are able to be patient and wait until they release videos to see if it matches what the writers and interviews say.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:19 PM   #91
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0

I get what your saying , and that is why I have never been impressed with EA's marketing. Much appreciation for Rex and Clint . But even those guys don't like how EA markets games.

It not about being patient or being selfish. It's basically saying here is an event open to the public and on a major platform like E3. You have IGN , YouTube and other venues sitting with game execs showing a live demo of other games being played. Madden did it last year and the year before. I can even remember Ian Cummings doing it when he was in charge.

So why the change ? why didn't Rex or Clint sit down with those guys at EA? Why did they not do a live feed of the game being played?
You guys are correct in that when footage drops this will be a mood point, but for now it raises alot of red flags.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 02:28 PM   #92
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Your not entirely accurate when you say that EA doesn't show gameplay footage at these events. They used too .
https://youtu.be/hqq6bZPA17U

Last edited by Brooke2011; 06-23-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #93
MVP

jbd345's Arena

OVR: 4

How is this thread still going?

Last edited by jbd345; 06-23-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:48 PM   #94
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I just think it depends on how you individually look at things in life.

Unless we work at EA or have "insider information" we don't know why they are waiting until late June or mid July to release game footage.

Personally, I don't sweat the small stuff once it's out of my control.

Heck, The Golf Club 2 comes out on Tuesday and hasn't released any console footage at all and they are an indie studio.

I'm not worried about that one, either.

Brooke2011, this year they are playing things differently. I know you were very concerned at EA Play about the lack of video released, but a group of people won't change EA's schedule this year.

Last edited by roadman; 06-23-2017 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:11 PM   #95
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Madden NFL 18 Gameplay Videos From E3 (Off-Camera)

Yeah, I think, overall, for me, it doesn't matter. I'm sure, even for many that want to see videos, now, it won't matter (and, I'm one of those guys. Lol). But, forget the marketing, forget the devs, forget everything. If u were to break this down to video games and gamers, alone, gamers want to see games. More importantly, they want to see gameplay. Forget trailers. We like those, too. But, we really want to see gameplay footage. And, while some have argued e3 and EA play are meant for insiders, that's fine. I won't argue that point. But, I think, as a game company, who has the ability to present their game(s) at e3 or EA play, this is just the perfect time to also feed your base. It just makes sense in terms of 'e3 and EA play will have people playing the games,' so, why not hook up some recorders to 1 or 2 of them, and specifically have gamechangers play a game or 2, edit the footage, if need be, and pump it out?

I understand all the marketing worry about 'negative press on an unfinished product,' but u can also generate positive press with good gameplay as well. And, giving a snippet or 2 of gameplay won't show off everything. There will be pos and neg videos when the game comes out. So, for all companies that attend these conferences, they should be happy and willing to share the game early with their consumers. I mean, that's a part of the deal, too. I constantly think of destiny and how they've done things with and for their community. It's amazing. U have to love bungie. NOT activision! Lol . But, bungie, they want their fans to the see their game early and they go for it. U can argue the 3 year vs 1 year cycle, etc. But, regardless, that's a company that tries to give its fans what they want.

So, again, I mean, we see gameplay footage of Anthem, which, btw, looks AWESOME!! Lol, and that games not coming out for another YEAR!! Lol. But, seriously, I just think it makes sense in terms of pleasing the fans that when u have a big e3 or EA play event, some gameplay videos should be created for fans to get more excited about the game. And, regardless of the negative feedback some may give, I think, in terms of marketing, the earlier U give a snippet, the more the fans get excited about it. So, idk, that's my take on the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by OhMrHanky; 06-23-2017 at 03:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 03:12 PM   #96
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
This is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Your not entirely accurate when you say that EA doesn't show gameplay footage at these events. They used too .
https://youtu.be/hqq6bZPA17U
That isnt what I said. I said that they dont let people film on the floor. What you posted is them going on IGN's show and talking about a feature.They did the same thing this year but they showed Longshot:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/06/21...n-live-e3-2017

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »