Home

New Madden 18 gameplay video

This is a discussion on New Madden 18 gameplay video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2017, 03:54 PM   #65
Pro

poulka's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: New Madden 18 gameplay video

@Americas Team. I agree with you. I said basically the same thing in a couple other threads. This game has been roughly the same game since jump to ps2. There have been a few enhancements that last for couple years. Such as big decisions which is a new name for something that has been around.

Blocking has been the same know awareness what so ever. Then next thing added was outcome interactions with receivers and defensive backs. Now this has created some interesting collisions a nice move in the right direction.

But for a game to remain stagnant for so long with just some nice graphics, but goodness add some personality and variety. Players all move the same, weather comes in only two forms snow and rain. No fog, no sleet, no rain snow mix, and these used to be present.

As it stands now, I like Madden 17, it looks like I will be with for a while. Because I recently wondered why I get bored with madden. It is because there is no life, each game looks the same, plays the same with exception of a few collisions. Even something as simple as lighting needs work. I remember NCAA football crew going around taking pictures of the different sky. Doing this at different schools and different times of the year. Now if a college football could do this certainly the professional football game should have this. I will provide links to these videos.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=75umakdGDAE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s9hFYXQORhU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BAw0aVpB6pI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X234c9y-y0c

Enjoy!!!
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2017, 04:11 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by poulka
@Americas Team. I agree with you. I said basically the same thing in a couple other threads. This game has been roughly the same game since jump to ps2. There have been a few enhancements that last for couple years. Such as big decisions which is a new name for something that has been around.

Blocking has been the same know awareness what so ever. Then next thing added was outcome interactions with receivers and defensive backs. Now this has created some interesting collisions a nice move in the right direction.

But for a game to remain stagnant for so long with just some nice graphics, but goodness add some personality and variety. Players all move the same, weather comes in only two forms snow and rain. No fog, no sleet, no rain snow mix, and these used to be present.

As it stands now, I like Madden 17, it looks like I will be with for a while. Because I recently wondered why I get bored with madden. It is because there is no life, each game looks the same, plays the same with exception of a few collisions. Even something as simple as lighting needs work. I remember NCAA football crew going around taking pictures of the different sky. Doing this at different schools and different times of the year. Now if a college football could do this certainly the professional football game should have this. I will provide links to these videos.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=75umakdGDAE

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s9hFYXQORhU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BAw0aVpB6pI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X234c9y-y0c

Enjoy!!!
Hard to argue with this I don't like being negative but these things need to be said.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-16-2017, 04:40 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by seththor
Hard to argue with this I don't like being negative but these things need to be said.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Operation Sports mobile app
I pretty much just accept it as it is what it is. I'll play Longshot and think it will be okay for about 2 hours.
Old 07-16-2017, 04:50 PM   #68
Pro

poulka's Arena

I definitely dont like being negative. I just want a football product that is exciting, brings something new each time you fire up your system. Now I know some things will repeat, but I should not see a game I buy just sit on the shelf because of dullness. I have not been fully engaged with a madden since 04. I believe fully we have hardware that could madden to a level that blow 2K basketball and MLB the show out the water. That's what want to see my love of football reflected in a video game. With amazing crowds, dynamic gameplay, side stories that tie with on the field action, real weather, and randomness and unexpected we see every Sunday. Good points by all. We need to make devs committed to make madden game of the year.
F1 2021 Aston Martin Racing
Madden 23 Random play now matchups
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Old 07-16-2017, 05:46 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 3

Anything new playbook wise you guys noticed?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-16-2017, 07:27 PM   #70
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm hearing game play trailer is dropping tomorrow from Twitter sources.

Here is to hoping there is good stuff to see in the trailer.

I now know what they meant by pushing Longshot first with showing the Longshot trailer at EA Play. Not a peep since.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:15 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
The pass blocking in this game is a dated legacy system, essentially the same since Madden 2001. Its been past time for a overhaul I say we demand change from Clint and the team in that area of the gameplay.
I will respectfully disagree with that. The reason being is because I LITERALLY just found and played Madden 09 on Xbox 360 and that blocking was so bad I never knew how I ever got a pass off that year. And the run game forget it. But I do agree with you that there should be a change in the way trench play is being handled.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2017, 10:41 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
The pass blocking in this game is a dated legacy system, essentially the same since Madden 2001. Its been past time for a overhaul I say we demand change from Clint and the team in that area of the gameplay.
I don't know why, but I have this weird, irrational feeling that EA is gonna drop a bomb with line play tomorrow

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »