Home

Madden NFL 18 Videos - Target Passing Tutorials

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 18 Videos - Target Passing Tutorials within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2017, 10:27 AM   #25
MVP

young22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 18 Videos - Target Passing Tutorials

This would be an amazing feature if ratings mattered.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #26
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
They'll watch a couple YT videos how to exploit the game. You'll face guys who run 2-3 plays and hot route 10x.

Color me cynical

The addition is nothing but video game gimmick for H2H

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Yes, but movement is limited with this which means blitizing , or knowing when and how to blitz, is the counteract.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2017, 10:36 AM   #27
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I think we need to remember that this feature is far more for the competitive players and thus user stick skill is the key component.

Allowing the Stick skill to by-pass ratings is important because it gives the user a choice to rely on target passing and choose a lesser rated QB and use the cap space, for example, on a better player in another position, or to use a top rated QB and not use the target passing and lose out on a better player in another position..

This target passing is very strategic in a competitive sense.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:01 AM   #28
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
Yes, but movement is limited with this which means blitizing , or knowing when and how to blitz, is the counteract.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
In the realm of giving people mechanics to use vs others online it's a good move. Yes, in theory, a QB can throw a ball wherever they want to on the field. But now you just throw it to an area and the game automatically makes the closest person react to try and go catch the ball. That's it. That's all.

I had the opportunity to play some semi pro football and was a QB. Semi pro is nothing great so I'm not trying to say I'm amazing. This mechanic is so far from reality it baffles me.

I get it though...it's trying to create a "fun" factor. Cool. Have fun guys who use this. It's just another reason I won't play any random in this game. No desire to use this "fun" feature.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-10-2017, 11:42 AM   #29
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

Madden NFL 18 Videos - Target Passing Tutorials

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
I think we need to remember that this feature is far more for the competitive players and thus user stick skill is the key component.

Allowing the Stick skill to by-pass ratings is important because it gives the user a choice to rely on target passing and choose a lesser rated QB and use the cap space, for example, on a better player in another position, or to use a top rated QB and not use the target passing and lose out on a better player in another position..

This target passing is very strategic in a competitive sense.

I'm not a h2h guy. But, I thought about this b4. And, I think this is bad, in general, because of exactly what you're saying. I mentioned this in another thread. But, basically, if u can target pass, u can basically exchange a star QB (which 'should' be otherwise extremely impt) for a garbage one and pickup an extra stud WR or something (or whatever other position u want another stud).

While, I agree, it adds to the 'competitive' idea, I suppose. I feel it's more of a cheat. Lol. The QB should be of prime importance for any team (in madden and in real life), and regardless of stick skills, u should still need/want a high rated QB. So, idk, I don't like this as a comp idea. It just feels 'cheap' to me.

And, as much as I don't care for watching others play madden as I'd rather play it myself, it will be interesting to see the first couple of tourneys and whether or not people are using it well.

And, a thought just popped in as a counter to someone who purposely drafts a garbage QB because he target passes. His opponent should pick up on this instantly and apply massive pressure to disrupt the target passing since I can't move. So, it will still be a chess game, I suppose. But, I think I'm always to going to think it's 'cheap' to purposely draft a garbage QB, u know? Lol. It just doesn't feel right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2017, 11:44 AM   #30
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

This is one of the most intriguing additions to the game in years. Can't wait to try it.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #31
Rookie

As long as a wide receiver is looking back at the QB, then throwing to an open area should result in the WR altering his route to accommodate. I have seen Desean Jackson run a post numerous times and the QB ends up throwing a fly. Desean changes his route while the ball is in the air and often times makes the catch. Sometimes the ball is overthrown which I did see quite a few times in a demo I watched.

I guess I have an issue with prior to the throw and the WR knowing where the ball was going to go before the QB even threw to the new location. I can rationalize it with the assumption that the QB is pointing to a spot like you see when a play breaks down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 03:07 PM   #32
Pro

tgiordano's Arena

OVR: 5

In neutral can u take out the orange icon
I just want to look at one icon not 2 while free roaming the field

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »