Home

CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

This is a discussion on CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-15-2017, 05:06 PM   #9
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: CFM Top 5 Feature Survey: Season(s) w/ favorite team

1) Assistant Coaches/Coordinators in the game, their ratings have an impact on the team
2) Restricted Free Agents and compensatory picks
3) In game updates about other games from around the league going on inside your CFM
4) Get rid of the Overall rating - only have letter grades for attributes and make depth chart decisions accordingly.
5) CFM commentary talking more about what's going on inside your CFM instead of real-world stuff.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:08 PM   #10
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

1. Full tangible coaching staffs - Head Coach, Coordinators, Position Coaches that have a tangible effect on how my players progress and also have roles in other areas such as roster management as well as scouting.

2. Realistic Progression - Physical attribute locks, intangible attribute caps, static and hidden DEV traits. Individual medals for practice to emulate good and bad practices.

3. In-Depth Scouting - Scouting Reports that do more to give you a more wide spread and more vague look at a player. More uncertainty needs to be involved and more depth available than just three attributes.

4. CFM Ticker - Put a ticker at the bottom similar to the in-game ticker that displays news and information from around your league for when you're doing random stuff within your CFM.

5. Improved UI - Quicker, more simple, more intuitive. Not so cluttered and in your face at every turn. More relevant information pertaining to your league front and center.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #11
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

I assume this is feature driven and things like "Realistic QB AI" or "accuracy" don't fit here. If I'm wrong, let me know and my list will change.

The top 5 features I want to see within a CFM are

1. Realistic playbook/schemes driven by coordinators that change how teams play. These playbooks/schemes should follow those coaches to their new jobs and they should seek out players who fit those trends. This includes coordinators being part of the game (hire and fire).

2. More true to life contracts/free agency/restricted free agency. This should include holdouts, re-neogtiating with aging players, picking up 5th year options on players (1st rounders only I believe). Players should value differentt items in free agency accurately.

3. Personality/morale/Roles. Some of this they had, but players filling different roles. The Mentor QB, the 1st round draft pick, the flash in the pan, the sure handed receiver, the deep threat with no hands. Then, these players should have personalities that dictate how they handle media, contracts, practice etc. If someone is a diva (probably a WR), more chirping for the ball when he doesn't get it.

4. Presentation/News. The Tony Bruno radio show and the newspaper with position battles and such was so much better. Make me feel like I am living in my own world. Better organized news feed. Rumors, players saying certain things to media. Hearing about how my team needs to do better or is on pace for a playoff spot. Make the menu system faster (too laggy) but also mean something. It should be filled with information for my franchise, not just the same for every week and every team. This also includes a halftime/postgame show.

5. Practice/squads/scheming - Work on different packages based on team, make practice mean more than just XP. Training camp, not showing ratings right away, players that progress at different rates. Not every player should be on the same linear progression. Some players peak faster, some continue to progress, some stay the same, some have 1-2 year peaks and regress quickly.

This is all in addition to better QB AI, better roster management by CPU, accuracy being meaningful etc.

You too can be a 5* recruit at FSU.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21
add worthless Xavier Lee to that list..
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
CFL here he comes. Pfft, wait that would require learning a playbook. McDonalds here he comes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 05:23 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 1

1. Weekly wrap-up show. This would be a rundown of scores & highlights from around the league (I'd even take canned highlights). Injury/trades/releases news, award winners. The Xtra Point was a great start.

2. Studio Updates in-game ala NCAA 14. Self explanatory.

3. Offseason mini-camps. Basically what Madden 05 offered, but updated (passing drill, lineman drills, etc).

4. Coordinators. If the Falcons OC becomes Dallas' new head coach, Dallas would now use the new guy's playbook.

5. In-game banners for championships that update as you go. I.E., if I win the SB with the 49ers, their wall should say "6-time Champs" the following season.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Born in '82, 49er Faithful since 1986!
Old 08-15-2017, 05:36 PM   #13
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

1. Retractable Roofs open/closed option pregame - Can't believe I have to put this as a CFM request, but I'll do it. We should have all options available pre-game, actually including weather and retractable roofs open/closed.

2. Weekly wrap up show - CGI - ESPN's old PRIMETIME or the '2 minute drill' is best real life example. Including your game highlights and other game generated highlights. Possible playoff talk near end of season, etc.

3. Stat tracking - All stats should be archived for all teams/players. Maybe, a NFL history book or something. Super Bowls won, pro bowls, mvps, awards. All of those things should be available to glory in your past success.

4. Coaching carousel. At the very least, HC, OC, and DC with various traits for adding xp or adding traits to players.

5. Weighted schedules. I'm actually not sure if this is or isn't in currently. Schedule generation for next season should be based off previous year results. So, if I win the super bowl, next season my non-division opponents should be higher quality opponents. This will add immersion and difficulty to the mode for the simple reason that I will know who's good because I'm playing them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #14
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Top 5 Features:
1. Editable & Shareable Draft Classes
2. Coaches – OC's, DC's & positional coaches - Playbooks tied to a OC/DC
3. Ability to assign the CPU Custom Playbooks / Redo each teams situational Playbooks & have individual team to team schemes & play styles
4. Presentation - Weekly wrap up show, halftime show around the league, etc.
5. More In depth Scouting & Better Progression & Regression
6- Off Season OTA's / Training Camp
Old 08-15-2017, 06:08 PM   #15
Banned

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

1) Editable (and shareable) draft classes.

2) Offensive & Defensive coordinators (with an effect, along with Head Coaches, on playbooks/schemes).

3) Cheerleaders on the sidelines for teams that have them IRL.

4. Weekly wrap up radio show.

5. Emphasize league/team history in CFM presentation and interface, making previous award-winners, season stat leaders, etc. easily accessible and retrievable (again, see how MLB the Show does Award Winners for an example).

Last edited by NimitsTexan; 08-15-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 06:20 PM   #16
Rookie

sir psycho's Arena

OVR: 3

1. Scrap the XP system for an improved Progression/Regression system.

2. Full coaching staffs, or at least O/D/ST coordinators(and have them actually matter)

3. Radio show while not in games. I think MLB The Show has something similar, or an improved/less repetitive version of the Tony Bruno show from 2005 would be nice. Even if it just runs down the scores from last week, mentions key injuries/transactions, mention key games in playoff race coming up(later in season), etc. That would be huge for immersion.

4. Obscured or hidden rookie ratings. I shouldn't know my rookie's ratings the instant I draft them. It would be nice to have them mostly obscured (at least through preseason, maybe further into first season), to make management of rosters more realistic when dealing with the uncertainty of rookies. I think somewhere around Madden 10 had something like this.

5. Smarter AI roster management/team building.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »