Home

Using 2 controllers with custom playbooks for CPU vs CPU games

This is a discussion on Using 2 controllers with custom playbooks for CPU vs CPU games within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2022, 05:15 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Using 2 controllers with custom playbooks for CPU vs CPU games

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
The team’s aren’t disappearing on me. it works like it has for 4-5 years. im using the play the moments hack, not the 3rd team qb hack.

start a game in Play the moment with 2 controllers.

set up custom books.

the game will start on super sim fast with text messages. you may miss a couple of plays. back out of it and choose slow speed for super sim.
I didn't know you could do sim slow with 2 assigned teams. Haven't tried in a while but thought slow was locked out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2022, 06:58 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
I didn't know you could do sim slow with 2 assigned teams. Haven't tried in a while but thought slow was locked out.
the trick is you cant control both teams you wath. if you control ownership of both eams playing, you wont get the play the moments option when you go to play a game tab. you’ll go straight to controller select screen.

This method is way quicker than the third qb option. only negative is you may miss a couple of plays when the fast super sim starts with play the moments. youtot to be quick to back out of PTM

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 01-28-2022 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-28-2022, 07:27 PM   #27
MVP

https://youtu.be/E8HOSrpxwSs

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 01-29-2022, 08:44 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Watched the video I have two questions does it have to be the same custom playbook and two how do you get the option to select play the moment?
Old 01-29-2022, 01:36 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie
Watched the video I have two questions does it have to be the same custom playbook and two how do you get the option to select play the moment?
those were two differnt playbooks i downloaded randomly on madden share just to test.

to access play the moments, you can only have control of one team. by have control, I mean, using a character—coach, owner, player. I make any changes to the team I’m playing because the stick, your changes do, and then I quit as that coach/owner.

You can’t use this method with 32 team control. I mean you can, but you have to retire your control of the character. PTM only shows up if only one of the 2 teams are human controlled. very hard to explain. not sure why you can’t do it in 32 team. This game is goofy.

I have also been messing with super sim on normal and fast speed. works much better this year. it’s finally fixed. I’m using 15 min quarters and Im seeing 128-132 plays per game. stats look good too. I’m watching all the games this way and cutting in and watching big moments. Kinda like the redzone channel. man i wish Madden had a cpu vs cpu redzone channel option. as popular as red zone is, you’d think madden would have it.

I’ve got a pretty goot set of sliders I just finalized as well.

Biggest hoop to hurdle this year is progressive fatigue. even with it off it screws with the game. I went and did the original workaround where I turn practice trining to half pads and backups. it works. no players sub out.

hate when they add stuff like progressive fatigue. it was alread in the game in 21 and back. as you went through the season, running backs would get tired quicker but they’d never disappear. I can’t stand seeing the rbs disappear.

Teams finished:
Old 01-29-2022, 03:10 PM   #30
Rookie

Yes I agree and hopefully EA will get it right for us cpu vs cpu players. I can't find a ps5 so still on ps4 but I read earlier today on ps5 the dynamic feature where players and coaches adjust. I was wondering if the coaching adjust happens on cpu vs cpu. Something about fatigue that really bothers me is when playing around with it and still putting QB stamina at 99 they still want to do the jogging animation. Reminder cpu vs cpu so I can't really control how often a QB wants to run.
Old 08-18-2023, 12:58 PM   #31
Rookie

Huge credit to TommyCoa!

Posts 27-29 in this thread were absolute game changers for me last year on the PS5.
These tips allowed me to use custom playbooks for each game (both teams) that I played-which makes all the difference.

I do a 32 team control cpu vs cpu franchise in which I have a coaching legend be the mastermind/gm behind the scenes for each franchise. I put all the info in my notes of my phone as to what system/gm/offensive and defensive playbooks each team is running. So a couple examples were Bill Walsh in charge of the 49ers or Jimmy Johnson running the cowboys. I would keep the original coaches in the game with coach firing option off. Then on game day assign the Jimmy Johnson Pro Run (lots of I formation) offense I created and 4-3 Base (bend but don't break) defense I created. If they are playing the Bears as the opponent I would assign my Mike Ditka 46 D and Old school pro sets vertical passing game. This game would have lots of runs because for both of those created playbooks I would keep the run play to pass play ratio relevant to that particular team. In terms of created pass plays-Cowboys with a more intermediate passing game and the Bears looking for more shot plays which fits with tradition of speedster receivers like Willie Gault Lol.
The 49er offense with Bill Walsh West Coast-crossing routes, involving the TE/HB in passing game, keeping the QB out of shotgun and under center,etc
I created tons of custom playbooks and uploaded them to madden share then download them with my other created profile so that both profiles have access.

I then track legacy points for each of my gm/teams and try to see who is actually the greatest system/mastermind of all time. Each playbook has 20 slots per situation so no team has more plays or any advantage that way. In the off-season I take the persona of each team and draft for each squad. What would Mike Holmgren and Green Bay do with this pick? Or Bill Parcells and the Giants? I do this for each team.
Legacy Points:
1st Round Playoff Spot: 5 points
2nd Round Playoff Spot: 10 points
Conference Title Spot: 20 points
Super Bowl Spot: 40 points
Super Bowl Champs: 80 points

I know I am a sports nerd! However this is how I play Lol

Sorry for the long post however I do have a question:

Will this 2 controller method work for playbooks on the PS5 again this year?

I already bought the PC version because of the modding potential but am missing the playbook control that I had with console. Anyways-if anybody knows any info on this front just let me know-thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2023, 10:59 PM   #32
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by alston4659
I use the two controller method all the time so what I do is choose the playbook for the cpu, then move the controller to the middle. The playbook remains the custom one I chose for the cpu and I play the game. I figured this out when trying to select the uniforms for the cpu and that sticks as well.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
. Been doing that for years only way to get the CPU to use a playbook other than the one you are using . I use a 32 team etc I have edited every playbook etc to their true tendencies etc we should be able to change the playbook on the CPU without doing this but we never have lol I remember way back when I first noticed it I was running a 3-4 with Pittsburgh and I noticed the browns were using a 3-4 and running the same offense. Was lol so way back then I started to do what most of us do the two controller method .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »