Home

Madden 22 or 21?

This is a discussion on Madden 22 or 21? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2022, 08:43 AM   #73
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden 22 or 21?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Finally was able to order a PS5 and get it on Tuesday. Was coming here to see the opinions on whether I should wait for Madden 23, play 21 or get a used copy of Madden 22. I did buy Madden 21 since Lamar was on the cover but never played it as I kept updating a 32 Team CFM on Madden 20.

Does not having the 17th game in Madden 21 make it difficult to sim CFM or does it not matter? The offseason fiasco with big names being traded left and right makes me want to buy Madden 23 but if Madden 21 is good enough, I'll hold off another year on buying a new Madden.
If I were you I'd just play 21 for now.For me anyway it hasn't been a day one purchase anymore for years now because I really only play offline franchise.Its been awhile since the game made a significant improvement but we'll see.
Old 05-29-2022, 11:40 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
Finally was able to order a PS5 and get it on Tuesday. Was coming here to see the opinions on whether I should wait for Madden 23, play 21 or get a used copy of Madden 22. I did buy Madden 21 since Lamar was on the cover but never played it as I kept updating a 32 Team CFM on Madden 20.

Does not having the 17th game in Madden 21 make it difficult to sim CFM or does it not matter? The offseason fiasco with big names being traded left and right makes me want to buy Madden 23 but if Madden 21 is good enough, I'll hold off another year on buying a new Madden.
If you want a more deliberate "heavier/organic" feel with lots of weight and more earth like physics, 21 is the one I'd recommend hands down. Two and three man tackle interactions and superior A.I. are also there in abundance (keep in mind settings and sliders). This release was no doubt tuned more towards the offline sim head franchise players as far as on field play.

If you want a more light feel, reduced earth like physics (not completely removed, but not as heavy as 21), mostly one man static tackle animations and bland A.I., 22 is your go to. However, 22 has more options within franchise, new fatigue system, etc, with a sharper cleaner look (way more easier on the eyes, especially replays as Madden 21s replays are VERY shoddy). This release was no doubt tuned (towards the end of the cycle) more towards online competitive players while not fully going back to the complete lack of physics of last gen.
Old 05-29-2022, 04:42 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

I'd agree w/ the above that 21 feels more like weight and physics matter, whereas 22 feels more twitchy and arcade-like to me.

Something I am noticing on 21 as I continue to play that is that the edge blocking on PA plays seems significantly worse on 21 than 22. Does anyone else notice that?

As is usual with Madden, I wish I could take certain iterations and marry them, but the game usually forces you into some kind of Faustian bargain if you really wanna play it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2022, 07:47 PM   #76
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
If I were you I'd just play 21 for now.For me anyway it hasn't been a day one purchase anymore for years now because I really only play offline franchise.Its been awhile since the game made a significant improvement but we'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
If you want a more deliberate "heavier/organic" feel with lots of weight and more earth like physics, 21 is the one I'd recommend hands down. Two and three man tackle interactions and superior A.I. are also there in abundance (keep in mind settings and sliders). This release was no doubt tuned more towards the offline sim head franchise players as far as on field play.

If you want a more light feel, reduced earth like physics (not completely removed, but not as heavy as 21), mostly one man static tackle animations and bland A.I., 22 is your go to. However, 22 has more options within franchise, new fatigue system, etc, with a sharper cleaner look (way more easier on the eyes, especially replays as Madden 21s replays are VERY shoddy). This release was no doubt tuned (towards the end of the cycle) more towards online competitive players while not fully going back to the complete lack of physics of last gen.
Thanks, think I'll stick to Madden 21 with potentially it changing based on any actual Franchise Mode Improvements in Madden 23. Is there a difference between the PS4 version of Madden 21 compared to the PS5 version?
Old 06-22-2022, 04:02 PM   #77
Pro

OVR: 4

I'm excited to go back to 21 because got on my nerves quickly after 6 months off.

Are there any rosters for 21 that have added some of the current rookies like Pickett, Breece Hall etc....?
Old 06-23-2022, 04:31 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 4

I did find a current roster. I'm having to make some adjustments but it's all good.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:10 PM   #79
Rookie

LocDawg5050's Arena

Yes 21 and 22 has the best of both worlds. Here are some of my key "likes" that keep me interested.

I can't really talk about Franchise as I don't touch that mode at all.

I like the Presentstion of 22. I don't care for the showing of players going against each other that 21 has to offer. I'd rather see the pregame of 22 as it is a little more realistic but would like to see more of it. Different intro, looking at key defensive match ups and spotlighting aspects of the match ups.

The nuts and bolts of gameplay. As others have mentioned, 21 has a weighted feel of player momentum. I play with various teams just to see diffrent things play out. But small RBs get knocked down and away a good bit of time that feels better. Larger ball carries often will take multiple hits or tacklers to bring them down. In 22 you will see more one on one tacklers or after the ball carrier clears one tackler another will engage. 21 you will see up to 3 defenders pile on top of each to bring the ball carrier down.

OL/DL feels like there is acceleration, violence of action on both sides in 21, while 22 feels squishy...like the guys are playing patty cake with each other.

DB/ WR play is more alive im 21. Both players look like hungry dogs after a peice of meat on a 50/50 ball while 22 seems like the WR stands there and watches the DB pick the ball. I understand you can press AGG catch but im the type that let's ratings play out without human interactions on these types of plays.

Finally the QB play. For me and my settings...I see QB play like their real life counter parts in 21. Arm strength is way more noticeable with guys like Allen, Rodgers, Brady. I mean that ball rips threw the air towards the WR on crossing routes while bombs have a nice rainbow like ark as it comes back down from the heavens into the WR arms. It's a beautiful thing. 22 feels kinda the same but the end result is like a pebble thrown into a peaceful lake......KERR-PLUNK!!!

I like the over feel of special moves by ball carriers in 21. I can't tell you how many times I've been faked out or run over like a Mack truck but that's the physicality I like to experience in Madden games.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2022, 12:49 AM   #80
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

I switch back and forth and I'm back for another CFM on M21, this time with the Dolphins and it's already been a lot of fun.

Something is wonky with M22 and coverage and I've grown tired of watching my DB's turn away from a WR and leave him wide open for an easy TD.

M21's coverage is so much better and to me definitely feels more like an NFL game. I also see more catch variety and animations than I do in M22.

The great thing is I don't have to deal with the HFA mechanic. (I was really hoping that could be turned off in M23)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »