Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Customization

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Customization within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-30-2009, 11:00 PM   #145
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Customization

Great post Ian. The sliders and the ability to tweak the game the way we like is cool, but how come you guys didn't give us the option to adjust kick off and punt return blocking? We have sliders for offense, defense, kicking and punting, but no slider for the return game? It's all most impossible to run a return back, and giving us sliders for would help out a lot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 11:10 PM   #146
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump101
Great post Ian. The sliders and the ability to tweak the game the way we like is cool, but how come you guys didn't give us the option to adjust kick off and punt return blocking? We have sliders for offense, defense, kicking and punting, but no slider for the return game? It's all most impossible to run a return back, and giving us sliders for would help out a lot.
It's not that easy in the NFL or we would have a return a week now wouldn't we, we kind of do now but there are teams that go years without a punt or kick off return for td's, I would like slightly better blocking but not by much, its pretty good the way it is now and isn't super easy to score a td.

In fact I still havent gotten the 2 ko's for td or 2 pr's for td achievements yet.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #147
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
It's not that easy in the NFL or we would have a return a week now wouldn't we, we kind of do now but there are teams that go years without a punt or kick off return for td's, I would like slightly better blocking but not by much, its pretty good the way it is now and isn't super easy to score a td.

In fact I still havent gotten the 2 ko's for td or 2 pr's for td achievements yet.
The point is, why is there sliders for every other position except for the return game? I'm pretty sure Quarterbacking in the NFL isn't easy but you can adjust the QB accuracy, so why not blocking for the return game. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be hard to add.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:20 PM   #148
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bump101
What's funny ot me about this is my friend on PS3 returned 3 kicks in a ranked game. He saved the replays and I wish when you up load them it would show they were all in the same gae so people could see that feat. He had no O and no D that game, unlike normal. However, 3 returns latter and he won 21-20. For some reason it was very easy for him to return the ball when it waskicked to his left. Just a couple blocks, a broken tackle on one of them and he was gone.

I have returned a few with Rossum, but it takes some luck as the 49ers don't block so well.

I agree that ST in general needs re-tooling. Most game reviewers feel the same way. I have seen year after year IGN talk about ST being a major weak point in Madden, and they give the game a 9.2+ each year. The lack of real, but balanced return options like reverse, fake reverse, return left, return right, hidden onside attempts out of normal kickoff formation [like the 49ers have done many times] and a "safe" return to watch for the fake onside are all missing.

The only addition i saw was the much needed mised FG return that has never been in madden prior to 09. I remember playing NFL 2k2 [note: not 5, two.] and returning missed FG attempts. I had to manually catch them and I did it on a whim the first time. My friend and I were so shocked we tried it every time since then and tested it in Madden each year untill 09. So happy 09 had this.

Last edited by PGaither84; 03-30-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #149
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699

i think there were over 30 KO and PR for a TD last year
Old 03-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #150
MVP

OVR: 11

Great blog Ian.

It's great to see ALL of the customization options added this year. ESPECIALLY game speed! I absolutely loved the game speed of the Madden '09 demo that came with the NFL DVD, but when I got the retail version, the speed was bumped up a few notches. Total bummer.

One thing that I didn't see in the blog was an option for In-Game Saves. I really hope you guys somehow fit this in the game for us folks with wives and children.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:30 PM   #151
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
Great blog Ian.

One thing that I didn't see in the blog was an option for In-Game Saves. I really hope you guys somehow fit this in the game for us folks with wives and children.
Agreed. This is very important to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 11:34 PM   #152
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
What's funny ot me about this is my friend on PS3 returned 3 kicks in a ranked game. He saved the replays and I wish when you up load them it would show they were all in the same gae so people could see that feat. He had no O and no D that game, unlike normal. However, 3 returns latter and he won 21-20. For some reason it was very easy for him to return the ball when it waskicked to his left. Just a couple blocks, a broken tackle on one of them and he was gone.

I have returned a few with Rossum, but it takes some luck as the 49ers don't block so well.

I agree that ST in general needs re-tooling. Most game reviewers feel the same way. I have seen year after year IGN talk about ST being a major weak point in Madden, and they give the game a 9.2+ each year. The lack of real, but balanced return options like reverse, fake reverse, return left, return right, hidden onside attempts out of normal kickoff formation [like the 49ers have done many times] and a "safe" return to watch for the fake onside are all missing.

The only addition i saw was the much needed mised FG return that has never been in madden prior to 09. I remember playing NFL 2k2 [note: not 5, two.] and returning missed FG attempts. I had to manually catch them and I did it on a whim the first time. My friend and I were so shocked we tried it every time since then and tested it in Madden each year untill 09. So happy 09 had this.
I always return better on the left side, I don't think I have taken but 1 or 2 kicks back on the right side, its more difficult for some reason for me.

Also there were only 25 returns (punts and kickoffs) this season, thats not even an average of 1 per team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »