Home

Madden NFL 10 Blog: Customization

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 10 Blog: Customization within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-31-2009, 09:03 AM   #177
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 10 Blog: Customization

this is a great update, looks like we will have many options this YES
Old 03-31-2009, 09:06 AM   #178
Banned

OVR: 13

Thanks for getting this blog out last night Ian.
A few questions if anyone can answer:

Injury slider... the blog states that it has ranges now.
Do these ranges affect the quantity of injuries or the quality (by this I mean severity- more likely to have serious injuries)???

Player names... (I pm’d Ian in regards to player names but...)
Will we have defensive (CPU) names or just offensive (US) or vice versa. I would much prefer to have names on the skill positions for offensive and defensive pre- snap, so I know where the computers playmakers are.

Fatigue
How much affect will the slider ranges have on the player’s fatigue?
I think “min/max ranges to be determined by the central gameplay team” means it hasn’t been tuned yet but just in case it has or you have a basic starting point could you give an example of how it’ll work and how severe each level in the range will impact the player’s fatigue (quantitative example if possible)?

Accelerated clock

LOVE IT.

Accelerated clock threshold

LOVE YOU.

If the GDD is task 4 and the extra cameras is task 10... What task are you currently on? What is it? And how likely on a scale of 1-100 are extra cameras??

Thanks for making backtrack accessible in all modes.
I really thought this tool was very well done and the % of the play working was a great presentation addition... 1 question though-
Will it be possible to see the tool without having to use or have the option of using the actual rewind button?? By this I mean, if I use hardcore mode and have 0 rewinds as default will the backtrack tool actually be viewable (not an option is 09 I believe)?

(excuse the font, paragraph and size of the post... it didn't transfer over very well from word?!?!)

Last edited by salbowski; 03-31-2009 at 09:10 AM. Reason: copy and paste from word screwed it up aesthetically
Old 03-31-2009, 09:08 AM   #179
Rookie

OVR: 4

Accelerated Clock - YES!

Accelerated Clock Threshold - An option I didn't think we'd have - great work

More camera modes are planned, currently on the contingency list - YES! (mentioned by Ian before but still...)

Injury slider - Brilliant (ideally I'd like an injury frequency and an injury duration slider but that's perhaps unrealistic)

Fatigue slider - Excellent

Speed sliders - from a previous blog, but still great to have them

Coach Mode - I probably won't use it but it's nice to have the option

CPU sliders - yay, my game my rules!

Stat Overlays - YES! I love these and will have them on ALL, nice to have the option to reduce them though if needs be

Pregame warm-ups - hinted at. Not a must-have for me but a lot of people seem excited so it's good for them

Instant Replay frequency - very good, always nice to have control

Lots of options, several new sliders, all helps me to play the game how I want to play it. Great work, customizable options are excellent and the more the merrier.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:11 AM   #180
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I'm liking that speed slider. Game is a little to fast at the moment, especially when you like to isolate yourself and play the cornerback position. No switching players either.
Ya Madden has needed to play slower, and im glad it will, at 4 different speeds!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:46 AM   #181
MVP

OVR: 27

I had a really well thought out response to this posting, and when I went to post it the page crapped out on me

I'll try to remember it all and post again later, lol.

Anyway, good job Ian. This is what I'm talking about right here. User customization, baby. User customization
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 09:46 AM   #182
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Kinda surprised few are caring about the injury and fatigue sliders...those have been requests for over 5 years I think.

Also, accelerated clock threshold is a number at which the play clock will run down to...you can toggle between 15, 20, and 25 seconds. Say you have it set to 15 seconds, then as long as the play clock is at 15 or above, then it will run down to 15. Same for 20 or 25.
Is random an option? I alwasy thought it would be cool if it was rather random - basically force you or the CPU to take a timeout or get a delay of game penalty. If not I'm glad it's back as is.

I'm not sure if this is the proper blog, but is in-game saves in?
Old 03-31-2009, 09:48 AM   #183
Rookie

OVR: 5

i preorderd last week.good thing i did
Old 03-31-2009, 09:51 AM   #184
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Latest Madden NFL 10 blog: Customization

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
Good stuff. TheWatcher should love this
My response to Ian's focus on user customization is...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »