Home

The top 5 good and bad things we've seen from M10 so far.

This is a discussion on The top 5 good and bad things we've seen from M10 so far. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
The top 5 good and bad things we've seen from M10 so far.

The Good:

1: Pro-tak! It is pretty awesome right now, but can be built into something that is used in every single aspect of the game. This aspect of the game is definitely a step in the right direction.

2: Presentation. In game presentation is a thousand times better than 09 and the half time show/ franchise show has a lot of potential and can be built on.

3: Graphics/Attention to detail(like colored cleats, hand warmers, ect.). While this was pretty decent in madden 09, they took it to the next level. Each player looks amazingly good. 3 leads into my 4 which is

4: Specific throwing and kicking animations! These are a subtle touch that really add a fresh feeling to the game.

5: This isn't really a feature, but Ians interaction with OS, and madden fans in general. He understands that we want them to put out a good product, so he listens to what we have to say and tries to get it into the game and improve it. Kudos to Ian and crew.

The Bad:

1: Running/other robotic looking animations. They don't look so fluid. Maybe add more lean and fluidness, though I wouldn't know exactly how to make it look more fluid.

2: Online Franchise was not completely finished this year. I know they had a lot of stuff to put into the game, but we still have to make note of the shortcoming.

3: This years pocket is one of the best that madden has had, but it still could use a bit of improvement. DEs need to GET UP FIELD! Also, after Ian fixed the curve on the Dline pass rushing, it seems a little overpowered as they get there too fast.

4: Kicking still looks too easy, but I'll reserve judgement until I actually get to kick a few in the game.

5:The sidelines. I wish they were more realistic and active in realtime gameplay. The cutscenes help a lot, but the sidelines still just kill me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: The top 5 good and bad things we've seen from M10 so far.

Good...

1. Protak- gonna be great on offense, defense and creating the pocket

2. Online Franchise- Yeah i know it isn't "complete" but still it will be a great addition and is server based. IMHO even if they do nothing myself and several friends are gonna have a blast. We've been doing this on our own for years until last year.

3. Ratings being stretched. This should be great but have to see it first. It should be good to have the top players really differentiate themselves.

Bad...

1. Running aninmations- We GOTTA get back to last gen running, gotta. I think if 10 had good running animations that basically everyone would be on board. I know if it got fixed it would be something else but if that is fixed watch out.

2. Really missing that man lock on/off and some other defensive help like bumping single WR's and not all the WR's (choosing who you want to bump). Picking and choosing hot routes- again on last gen.

3. Playbooks! Man we gotta be able to at the least be able to customize a playbook if we cannot create a playbook. If we cannot create please allow us to pick and choose individual plays that fit your scheme. You could allow up to say 100 plays and let the user go in and pick the plays they want to run. That would be great because the playbooks get played out. You spend tons of time trying to find that one playbook you like with everything you need, except it doesn't exist.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

i wont go too much into the good & bad but i agree with the poster above that the running animations are prob the biggest thing that needs improvement. I think if they can get the running animations along with accurate physics in terms of body weight & momentum, that would be huge and would really go a long way to improving this game.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

The good..

1. Online Franchise. Upset it's not finished, but it beats paying for leaguedaddy.com and imputting stats.

2. Game Speed. As an online gamer, the 09 speed with online lag made it impossible to play d.

3. Graphics. The stills in this game are unbelievable, I don't care if some facemask doesn't look right.

4. Ratings. 09 the ratings didn't matter at all. It has nowhere to go but up.

5. No more spin catch animation. That thing looked ********.

The bad...

1. No custom playbooks or hot routes, no individual bump, no audibles on the fly, no formation shifts, no man lock, no in game saves- no feature from ps2 made a return it seems.

2. Run animations look inferior to the ps2 madden model.

3. Commentary. It seriously is like fingers on a chalk board to me. Thank god I can turn it off.

4. Jostling, double team blocking, and procedural awareness didn't really show much impact in the vids I saw. Man coverage was terrible last year and I don't like not seeing this.

5. Haven't heard anything about changes to the challenge system...that never bodes well.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

The messed up running animations combined with the pro-tak system should be interesting. Pro-tak looks great in some clips, but then I saw a vid where Brandon Jacobs beasts through like a pile of 5 people like he's some dude from 300. I mean he's a great physical back, but c'mon now..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 39

From what ive seen..

5 Good

-New Ratings
-Presentation
-New Franchise Layout
-Online Franchise (Madden 11's will be perfect though)
-New Equipment

5 Bad

-COMMENTARY, Tom Hammond gots to go
-Running Animation
-Ball physics/Player Locomotion
-Polamalu is on the cover
-Kicking game
Old 07-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

As far as the bad, I'm going to add the rocket catch still being in the game. On the Madden Voice, the EA crew didnt sound very confident that they had taken it out of the game.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Triathlete_201's Arena

OVR: 10

Good

- Graphics
- Online leagues
- Pro tak
- Unique qb and kicker styles
- qb pocket

Bad

- commentary is horrible..from the lines written, to the delivery
- Animations overall look robotic. ALL Players need to plant their feet when making cuts and slow down more on change of direction.
- Weak looking half time and post game shows
- sidelines need a huge amount of work. See APF2k8 and improve them even further from what they have.
- ball physics don't look realistic at all to me.
- no spectator mode

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »