Home

Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played

This is a discussion on Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Titan
i dont care if the cpu ai is best there.

the game is ridiculously slow and un playable
Is not for everybody. Some people like arcadish speed and some rather see plays develop like you see them on tv

But to me this has made the game a lot more realistic. is easier to cut back inside on runs to the outside because you can react better to blockers ahead of you. like running backs do with their vision.

in normal or above is all about hitting holes fast without no play development which leads to seeing a lot more broken blocks and unrealistic situations.

but hey...that is my opinion....some prefer fast
Old 09-06-2009, 09:32 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
To me, it even looks better.

The player on very fast or fast do not look like human beings. They do not obey the laws of physics or emit reaction and thinking in anyway. At least the game speed of slow mimics a physics and reaction system that isn't in place.
excellent post
Old 09-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 7

My 61 inch DLP "loses the signal " with jitters on very slow. Have to stick with slow or normal. Don't know if thats the game or the tv?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #12
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
no it is not....ncaa football 10 is unrealistic because it is super fast.

you are just use to super fast gameplay therefore you think this is super slow.

nfl 2k football was always great in terms of game speed. it was never super fast like madden.
OK here we go lets dis one game to prove my point about very slow speed.
This is a bad approach to proving your point.

NCAA is a fun game for some on that speed, and is Madden on slow or very slow for you is fun.

Just stick to proving why you like the speed, and not start by dissing another game.
When you do this it will turn the topic into a war between NCAA and Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
Is not for everybody. Some people like

arcadish

speed and some rather see plays develop like you see them on tv

But to me this has made the game a lot more realistic. is

easier

to cut back inside on runs to the outside because you can react better to blockers ahead of you. like running backs do with their

vision

in normal or above is all about hitting holes fast without no play development which leads to seeing a lot more broken blocks and unrealistic situations.

but hey...that is my opinion....some prefer fast
I see it this way. It is not arcadish to play at a faster speed, but more or a challenge to see if you have quick field vision when running the ball to see those lanes quickly. In real life football the lanes open and close very quickly.

By having the speed slider in Madden. It will help those that don't have fast field vision in finding their cut back lanes. Lanes that they can not see when playing on a faster speed settings.

In the end the very slow speed made it incredible for you simply because you need the game slowed down in order to see the lanes , and when to cut back. Where others can do the same at a faster speed.

Yes very slow speed is incredible, for you.

Maybe someone from EA can state if this is the case. The game players more realistic if you play it at a slower speed?

Yes or No? This is very important for those that play the game to know.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:47 PM   #13
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
You know what's great though? The fact that this in an option in the game, and that we're discussing the merits of a given speed, rather than wondering why EA made it too fast, slow, whatever.

User customization = win for everybody.
EXACTLY!

I wish more people appreciated all the options this year. The devs didn't get enough credit for this.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here's a video of something I mentioned in the other thread on this topic. I'm on Very Slow with custom sliders (mostly All-Pro, except some run-friendly settings that bring the Human overall difficulty to 9). Watch #87 for the Eagles (Celek), who's the winged TE on the bottom of the screen. He (1) chips the LB over him, (2) bangs the LB to the outside, and then (3) turns around and low blocks the DL who had released off the other TE's block. I had not seen anything like that kind of blocking sequence before and the low block animation was definitely new to me. I had played 15 or so games on Slow before this, which means I have a decent sample to compare it to, but admittedly not an exhaustive one.

EA Sports: Madden NFL 10 Video Highlight

I'll come right out and say that I think the feel of APF's run game is the standard to judge things by. That might not be everyone's cup of tea (etc). Anyway, what I'm seeing on Very Slow is close to that in many respects. It's not quite to that level for me, but it is enjoyable. I'm going to keep trying this out (only about five games on Very Slow under my belt so far) and I hope it maintains this sort of feel.

Last edited by CactusJunk; 09-06-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:08 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
OK here we go lets dis one game to prove my point about very slow speed.
This is a bad approach to proving your point.

NCAA is a fun game for some on that speed, and is Madden on slow or very slow for you is fun.

Just stick to proving why you like the speed, and not start by dissing another game.
When you do this it will turn the topic into a war between NCAA and Madden.

I see it this way. It is not arcadish to play at a faster speed, but more or a challenge to see if you have quick field vision when running the ball to see those lanes quickly. In real life football the lanes open and close very quickly.

By having the speed slider in Madden. It will help those that don't have fast field vision in finding their cut back lanes. Lanes that they can not see when playing on a faster speed settings.

In the end the very slow speed made it incredible for you simply because you need the game slowed down in order to see the lanes , and when to cut back. Where others can do the same at a faster speed.

Yes very slow speed is incredible, for you.

Maybe someone from EA can state if this is the case. The game players more realistic if you play it at a slower speed?

Yes or No? This is very important for those that play the game to know.

First of all I am not bashing NCAA...I like that game but the speed of the game is unrealistic.

I dont need slow speed to run the ball or put up huge numbers in the passing game.

I am saying that the slow speed allows for the plays to develop in a realistic rate. You do not see broken blocks like you do with slow.

pocket formation is realistic because you can actually see the pass blocking developing.

You can side step as well by watching a blitz develop.

It is not about quick reflexes. I have does...

But football is about reading the plays and seeing things develop.

Is not about quicks reactions and having unrealistic animation speeds that make blockers not block properly and the animations transtion being all out of funk

You dont like it because you prefer super fast...that is cool.

I prefer slow because that is the way we watch football on tv.

we are not the ones actually playing on the field.

We should see it like we see it on tv.

and on tv. you do not see the speed like you do in normal..you just dont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #16
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm digging very slow speed. The pocket forms much better and I think my sliders are working pretty well.

I tried playing on fast and I saw a lot of those warping, superhuman LBs intercepting passes left and right, even with the cpu INT slider at 0. I was also sacking the QB like crazy with a CB blitz. Felt really cheesy.

IMO, the slow speeds give the best realistic games possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »