Home

Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played

This is a discussion on Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-07-2009, 12:10 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Very Slow is incredible and the way the game should be played

First off, I want to say that I used to play college ball for four years. The real game is very fast paced. Not necessarily fast as in motion. The physics of the human body and the whole motion of it does not allow video game like hyper speed reflex, twists, cutbacks, etc. I played Madden on "Ludicrous Speed" and it was nothing like that in real life football.

With that being said, I think those that like it that way like the arcade feel to it. They probably spend their time playing it online.

but to be honest, very slow is the way to go. I thought it would suck, but it doesn't. I actually played a great game, Chargers vs Raiders, came down to 21-14 and Raiders were on the 5 yard line, 1st down with 0:15 secs left. They tried running through twice and had to call TO. 0:05 secs left, they went for a pass on 4th down and missed. It was a classic moment. I loved everything about this speed. there were a lot more animations and the animations itself was fluid.

Apparently, the AI in Madden responds to this very slow mode because anything higher will make AI go crazy, too slow to comprehend whats going on.

Just saying. Very slow is legit.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:07 AM   #34
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

For those who feel like "very slow" is too slow, play against the Cowboys or Chargers.

It won't be long before Ware and Merriman will have you pausing your game and checking the options menu to make sure you really are set on "super slow", especially when you don't see it coming.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:39 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
You know what's great though? The fact that this in an option in the game, and that we're discussing the merits of a given speed, rather than wondering why EA made it too fast, slow, whatever.

User customization = win for everybody.
In short...This

The only issue is they did not give it as an option for online game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2009, 01:42 AM   #36
Rookie

miamicanes504's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football4Natic
no it is not....ncaa football 10 is unrealistic because it is super fast.

you are just use to super fast gameplay therefore you think this is super slow.

nfl 2k football was always great in terms of game speed. it was never super fast like madden.
I know this post is from a while few pages back but I had to reply...

Ncaa 10 is actually kind of slow...but its better than very slow on madden. Do you realize that the NFL is full of some of the best and fastest athletes in the world? Holes do close very quickly, and you do have to be fast to be successful in the NFL. 2k was faster than slow is on Madden (At least I think, I haven't played 2k in a while.)

I can somewhat seem where your coming from though. The game feels kind of arcade-ish on the faster settings, but I think its most likely a physics/momentum problem more than game speed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the slower the game speed, the less frames per second, so the animations play out more slowly so it looks more realistic?

I think the very slow physics/momentum are the best, but it needs to be at a higher speed.
Old 09-07-2009, 01:47 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'd like to try this out once the next roster update comes out. What difficulty and slider settings are recommended?
Old 09-07-2009, 02:02 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 8

yeah fanatic, I also would like to give this a shot with my offline chise once the week 1 roster set drops. Can you point us to the settings and sliders if you have them somewhere? Thanks
Old 09-07-2009, 02:25 AM   #39
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarface scotty
I'd like to try this out once the next roster update comes out. What difficulty and slider settings are recommended?
Not sure what a lot of other people use, but I had done some looking into Pro difficulty with all CPU sliders at 100. Apparently with that as the case all the ratings are legit, works for me and I'm enjoying it.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:51 AM   #40
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Switched from slow to very slow to try it out for one game. It's just one game, but liked the feel and look of the game on very slow.

Played as Giants and beat Texans 16-13 in OT. Particularly liked the run game. Fewer defenders blowing by my blockers like they're not there. Easier to see the plays develop. Easier to hit the holes, run behind blockers. More time to think and implement the spin, stiff arm and hurdle moves. Jacobs rushed for something like 115 yards on 18 carries. Realistic results.

Also liked how the CPU can finally run. Slaton rushed for something like 85 yards.

No sacks for me, which is disconcerting, as Shaub unloaded a wounded duck 2-3 times when he should have been sacked (they really need to fix that).

I played on 70 speed threshold to negate the open flats. I get the feeling if I revert back to 50 speed threshold, I'll get sacks. But then the concern is the flats will be open again, for both me and the CPU.

What are thoughts on what the speed threshold should be?

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »