Home

Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Video - Brady 99 Rating, Rodgers 98

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Video - Brady 99 Rating, Rodgers 98 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Video - Brady 99 Rating, Rodgers 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElite3
Am I the only one who thinks that the ratings EA gives their players are too high?

Very rarely in my opinion, should a player be given a 99 rating for anything. Wouldn't lower ratings allow the players to perform in a manner emulating more closely to real life; less arcadish?

Why not give ratings in the high 80s or something and rate lesser players lower, instead of giving these perfect 99s?
I agree with you, Ive always felt there are too many 99's and high 95's in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 12:57 PM   #66
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
Look I give them credit to finally getting around to a professional representation of how football is shown on Sunday, so it adds a "new" element to Madden, but come on guys there as been no address to the gameplay issues on a whole, none at all.
Eh, I'll wait till the end of the week and watch all of the videos of game play before I declare the sky is falling.

Zone defense and consecutive hit tackles without suction during tackling and blocking is what I'm keeping a sharp eye out for and see how DPP winds up with game play.

Last edited by roadman; 06-07-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:48 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 4
Wonder why there isnt a video of the USTREAM that had the Packers playing the Eagles. It looked slightly better but Vick was skating all up in that pocket.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:51 PM   #68
Pro

MrSkagTrendy's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSRusse83
Wonder why there isnt a video of the USTREAM that had the Packers playing the Eagles. It looked slightly better but Vick was skating all up in that pocket.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-packers.html
Old 06-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #69
MVP

Jumpman232's Arena

OVR: 12

finally this might be the year where i dont have to pull out 2K5 for football enjoyment, maybe FINALLY Madden got it right this time.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 25
Let's remember, NCAA Football 11 used the same gameplay from NCAA Football 10, but they tweaked some things, brought a smoother running motion, and added to the overall look and feel, and NCAA 11 played and felt better than NCAA 10. I mean, the demo's gameplay was even final-build quality.

I think the problem with Madden isn't that gameplay is just generally bad, but rather it isn't smooth or realistic. The game FEELS like a bunch of canned animations strung together, so after a while, it get's stale and boring because certain things only played out in certain situations, and more times than not, certain animations never even played out at all. I remember the total shock I felt when I saw a one handed catch about 2 months after I purchased.

Also, not really a problem, but has anyone EVER noticed that Defensive players CAN'T make interceptions near the sideline AT ALL?
Old 06-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #71
Banned

As far as the 3D grass goes...we're probably a new console generation away from having full 3d grass "noticeable" outside of the closeups, cut scenes and replays. With everything that has to go into the Madden game, especially this year, 3D grass was more of icing on the cake, an extra feature, so to speak.

Our only hope is that this is a pre-beta version or something. They generally still have another month or so to work on the game, as they're probably finishing up the demo-build.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 04:12 PM   #72
Banned

All in all...you can tell the game needs some serious tuning. From animations (0:38, weird creeper walk by Rodgers) to the player models (Jordy Nelson looks as big as Jermichael Finley) to the fluidity of the gameplay.

The dealbreaker for me is the demo, not necessarily gameplay videos. The game is still about a month and a half away from completion. Also, I could remember most thought NCAA 11 would be bad until they got their hands on the demo. So it's still a purchase for me, but definitely looking forward to more gameplay and the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »