Home

Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Video - Brady 99 Rating, Rodgers 98

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Video - Brady 99 Rating, Rodgers 98 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2011, 02:06 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: First Madden 12 gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostige-
anyone else notice that at around 0:30 both offenses are on because i see Sammy Morris and a couple other guys on when rogers is heading to the huddle.

Come on, you know the drill.......

"It's an early build. Relax"....

Followed by the demo being released with "Don't worry, it was pre-Beta"

Followed by release day, and same issues are seen with "Don't worry, there'll be a patch soon"......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 02:10 AM   #42
Rookie

Atomic Martian's Arena

OVR: 5

How bout that 5 wide receiver set from the Pack! cant wait, sub in Finley unstoppable air attack.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:28 AM   #43
Glory to the Brave!

Guffers's Arena

OVR: 16

It all looks fantastic but I have a small question/issue...

I just bought a brand new plasma tv, is that score banner going to stay there through the whole game again this year? I've noticed that it stays put throughout replays and even when you press pause in other EA football games.

I really don't want to ruin my TV.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:32 AM   #44
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Martian
How bout that 5 wide receiver set from the Pack! cant wait, sub in Finley unstoppable air attack.
Judging from gameplay at 3:18 left of the 1st quarter (1:17 into the video), Finley will be very effective in the air attack as he's giving a nice speed burst in his cut. This means he has a pretty high Route Running rating.

I like how the DL seems to be attacking the entire pocket in Madden 12, but the OL/DL interaction still looks bad. Especially on the Finley completion, where I don't like the way Josh Sitton (#71 Packers) singlehandedly is able to contain and hold Vince Wilfork (#75 Pats). First, because Sitton moves outward after the snap, leaving a hole 1-2 yards wide for Wilfork to attack. Second, because there is no signs of Wilfork being able to use his strength and momentum to get a clean shot at the QB, when Sitton had a very bad angle and should have been easy to push away.

Had it been in Madden 11, Sitton would probably have slided in front of Wilfork, so there are improvements. However, after the sliding has been eliminated, OL/DL interaction still seems to suffer from the same problems as previous years - no signs of momentum in their interactions.

Last edited by guaps; 06-07-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:05 AM   #45
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Video - Brady 99 Rating, Rodgers 98

The thing my eye instantly went towards was the line play. I like how on the second play from scrimmage, the Pats D-Line was bounced out, but in a realistic way. Good to see lots of hand play.

The bad?
Hard to tell from limited footage, but on the second play, one guy makes the tackle, and everyone falls down again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 04:14 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0
at 0:57, look at that 3d grass guys!
Old 06-07-2011, 04:50 AM   #47
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 12 Gameplay Video - Brady 99 Rating, Rodgers 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert&Ham
The bad?
Hard to tell from limited footage, but on the second play, one guy makes the tackle, and everyone falls down again.
"It's an early build"

True, it looks bad, especially since Brandon Meriweather (#31) comes running at full speed into the tackle and instead of affecting the tackle, he just grabs on and falls in the direction of the tackle (not respecting momentum). And the two other guys just fall down.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:05 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack_Williams
Good find. Players look a bit more life like, particularly in the huddle.

Looking good. Looking forward to more gameplay videos. With each one, I could possibly be buying Madden this year.
I'm in the same boat as you. Madden has been upgraded to being "considered for a purchase". This is my 2nd year not purchasing Madden - after a 20 year streak of buying the game. It does look good. I'll check in on a regular basis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »