Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2012, 12:31 AM   #97
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I just can't believe they won't say players or teams' names in the game. Like, as in I refuse to believe it.

This has to be incomplete commentary. I mean it sounds descent. Certainly better than last years debacle.

Like it was said before me, I'm not gonna judge the commentary yet. There is 82 hours of it. We heard about one minute.
I agree with this. What makes it sound so fake is when you hear things like "home team", or when they interrupt themselves to mention the play that just happened.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #98
Rookie

OVR: 1
im not impressed...sounded stale. It doesn't sound like it should. The dialogue is irrelevant if it dont sound right. Miss me with the its a early build stuff because people say that every year and we get a game looking just like these videos. Half done..... I had got excited and thought maybe i would buy my first madden in 4 years but i guess not.... Another year with no NFL football.... sighs
Old 05-15-2012, 12:39 AM   #99
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

Actually I think this must be fake.

There is no way EA would release something this bad.

I mean when that player got the kick, he then downed it. Then after he is down. The announcer says "he'll have a chance to return it"

Um ?

This has to be fake
Old 05-15-2012, 12:42 AM   #100
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Hey guys,

I know this thread is all about the audio in the video, but given some of the high tensions running around here lately, I thought this would give us all a good laugh since we are discussing commentary. I found this while browsing some videos on youtube. I laughed my *** off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nOu3QfTg1w

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Wow now that's how you record some commentary. Those guys are simply magical and their chemistry really carried into the game. Simply the best. My fav commentary team Of all time
Old 05-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #101
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Compare the Cowboys-Eagles intro to Giants-49ers (18:40) and Packers-Steelers (23:50) intro's and I think you'll see a difference. The two they showed during the live-stream were much more polished and I think a better idea of what we'll be getting out of the commentary.

Madden NFL 13 Audio Webcast
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #102
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

All this alpha/beta/work in progress talk...

NBA2k12 is the standard of presentation:
Old 05-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #103
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
Actually I think this must be fake.

There is no way EA would release something this bad.

I mean when that player got the kick, he then downed it. Then after he is down. The announcer says "he'll have a chance to return it"

Um ?

This has to be fake
I was just gonna post something similar to this. I don't think its fake, I just think its buggy and not finished. I am pretty sure you add chunks of commentary as you progress through the build of the game. It doesn't all go in at once. There are still probably glitches and lines play when they shouldn't

BUT....This is not an excuse. If in fact this was a promotional video released by EA then they shot themselves in the foot once again. You would think, at some point, they would learn not to give the community ammo, because some members are carrying howitzers.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #104
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandinDistress
Wow now that's how you record some commentary. Those guys are simply magical and their chemistry really carried into the game. Simply the best. My fav commentary team Of all time
Remember, I didn't post it because of that . It's just funny listening to them screw up and say off the wall nonsense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »