Home

Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-15-2012, 12:47 AM   #105
Pro

ClevelandinDistress's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by AttackAttack
Actually I think this must be fake.

There is no way EA would release something this bad.

I mean when that player got the kick, he then downed it. Then after he is down. The announcer says "he'll have a chance to return it"

Um ?

This has to be fake
Yah, noticed this too. Pretty embarrassing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 12:48 AM   #106
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video - Gameplay With Jim Nantz and Phil Simms In-Game Commentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I was just gonna post something similar to this. I don't think its fake, I just think its buggy and not finished. I am pretty sure you add chunks of commentary as you progress through the build of the game. It doesn't all go in at once. There are still probably glitches and lines play when they shouldn't

BUT....This is not an excuse. If in fact this was a promotional video released by EA then they shot themselves in the foot once again. You would think, at some point, they would learn not to give the community ammo, because some members are carrying howitzers.
When you are marketing something or demo-ing it, you are showing it with the intent for people to see what you have. Why would they show it if it was THAT unfinished? This is why I believe it isn't going to get much better. It is what it is.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:52 AM   #107
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
All this alpha/beta/work in progress talk...

NBA2k12 is the standard of presentation:
I haven't bought an NBA 2k game since 2k8. That right there is absolutely stunning. After watching that I don't think I could pick up a Madden game ever again. It's beyond laughable compared to this. The sound is almost identical to what you see on a TNT broadcast. Unreal.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #108
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
When you are marketing something or demo-ing it, you are showing it with the intent for people to see what you have. Why would they show it if it was THAT unfinished? This is why I believe it isn't going to get much better. It is what it is.
I don't know man. I mean I'm not trying to stick up for EA here. (haven't bought Madden since 10) but to not even say players names or the teams? and this is with 82 hours of commentary. I just refuse to believe it.

If I am wrong then I will be the first to admit it and let EA know what I think about it.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:53 AM   #109
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
So, we didn't we get the complete audio today for over 1 hr presentation? No crowd chants, no crowd swells, nada?

Chase said afterwards they didn't show any game play for an obvious reason. June 4th.

June 4th the whole enchilada better be laid out, though.

I just feel we haven't been privy to see what's all behind door number 1.

We'll see.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #110
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
So, we didn't we get the complete audio today for over 1 hr presentation? No crowd chants, no crowd swells, nada?

Chase said afterwards they didn't show any game play for an obvious reason. June 4th.

June 4th the whole enchilada better be laid out, though.

I just feel we haven't been privy to see what's all behind door number 1.

We'll see.
June 4th seems to be putting a lot of pressure on this development team. Even so, after watching that NBA 2k video, I'm completely blown away. That is absolutely unbelievable. It looks photo-realistic and sounds exactly like a real broadcast. Absolutely amazing. I wish I was the NBA fan I was 6 years ago, I'd be playing that and wouldn't care. How do the guys at Tiburon react when they see this stuff? Do they scratch their head? Does it let them know they have a lot of catching up to do? Do they get discouraged? I'm asking seriously. That's just LIGHT YEARS beyond what we have with Madden.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:01 AM   #111
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
June 4th seems to be putting a lot of pressure on this development team. Even so, after watching that NBA 2k video, I'm completely blown away. That is absolutely unbelievable. It looks photo-realistic and sounds exactly like a real broadcast. Absolutely amazing. I wish I was the NBA fan I was 6 years ago, I'd be playing that and wouldn't care. How do the guys at Tiburon react when they see this stuff? Do they scratch their head? Does it let them know they have a lot of catching up to do? Do they get discouraged? I'm asking seriously. That's just LIGHT YEARS beyond what we have with Madden.
I own 2k12, it's a great game, some even feel 11 was better. Love the commentary, but with any commentary, it does get repetitive game after game using your team. I just tend to block it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2012, 01:02 AM   #112
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I don't know man. I mean I'm not trying to stick up for EA here. (haven't bought Madden since 10) but to not even say players names or the teams? and this is with 82 hours of commentary. I just refuse to believe it.

If I am wrong then I will be the first to admit it and let EA know what I think about it.
I'm more interested in how smooth it sounds. Is it natural? It needs to sound like the guys weren't recorded, instead it should sound like they are doing a live telecast of that game you are playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »