Home

Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Running Backs

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Running Backs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-07-2012, 06:07 AM   #137
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Running Backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
If he's a top ten player with as little as he's done, then Jamaal Charles must be at least top five.
Clearly you are a Kc fan and I'm an oak fan but how is jc a top 5 back? I'm not saying he's definitely not. I'm saying madden likes to go by the most recent year which jc didn't have one. And HE had 2 very good years besides last year. But what makes him a top 5 runner. Chris johnson is just forgotten which is a joke but still there are guys that have produced just like jc for longer.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:11 AM   #138
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Really do not understand how rundmc did not crank into the top 5 yet alone the top 10, but kind of like the majority of people I think the list got the players rated a little too high and gave a few too many players a snub.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #139
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom

Clearly you are a Kc fan and I'm an oak fan but how is jc a top 5 back? I'm not saying he's definitely not. I'm saying madden likes to go by the most recent year which jc didn't have one. And HE had 2 very good years besides last year. But what makes him a top 5 runner. Chris johnson is just forgotten which is a joke but still there are guys that have produced just like jc for longer.
Someone said that McFadden was a top ten player (not limited to backs) I was saying that if McFadden is a top ten player, then Jamaal Charles has to be a top five player. I don't really feel like Charles is a top five back but I'd say at this point he's proven far more than McFadden has. I think where they have Charles slotted is pretty accurate considering everything.

I could go either way on Johnson because he's proven he can be a great but last year has to make you wonder. I watched Larry Johnson first hand run for 1300+ yards in 9 starts and nearly 1800 yards a year later only to become absolute trash.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #140
Banned

OVR: 0

If you are arguing that McFadden is not worth top 10 Rb money or that he should not be a first round fantasy player that fine, but his skill ratings in Madden should not be lowered because of his injury history just to push him below top particularly when 2 of the 10 are coming of ACL injuries which is more likely to be lingering.

Quote:
If he's a top ten player with as little as he's done, then Jamaal Charles must be at least top five.
Yeah this comment is so homerish and i hard to even frame a response.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #141
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Someone said that McFadden was a top ten player (not limited to backs) I was saying that if McFadden is a top ten player, then Jamaal Charles has to be a top five player. I don't really feel like Charles is a top five back but I'd say at this point he's proven far more than McFadden has. I think where they have Charles slotted is pretty accurate considering everything.

I could go either way on Johnson because he's proven he can be a great but last year has to make you wonder. I watched Larry Johnson first hand run for 1300+ yards in 9 starts and nearly 1800 yards a year later only to become absolute trash.
Again in real life the truth is Charles has never been as good as McFadden was last year pre injury. RBs have a very short shelf life these days in 3 year thei list will be totally different not sure what that has to do with Madden to 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 06:47 AM   #142
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1D4ever
[/i]
Yeah this comment is so homerish and i hard to even frame a response.
I was just trying to match this one:

Quote:
...he was a top 10 player not just RB in the league when he went down.
There was also a hint of sarcasm in there. I don't truly believe Charles is a top ten player but if McFadden is going to be considered a top ten player, then yeah, I feel like Charles should be at least top five based on what they've done.

Quote:
but his skill ratings in Madden should not be lowered because of his injury history just to push him below top particularly when 2 of the 10 are coming of ACL injuries which is more likely to be lingering.
We don't really know if that's the case yet. They've already stated overalls are calculated a bit differently this year according to schemes and what not. If the injury rating plays any role what so ever in the overall, then that is going to do nothing but hurt him. There's also the new durability rating that may play a role in overalls and again, do nothing but hurt him. It wouldn't change any of his skill set but it would make him appear less valuable because he is incredibly injury prone.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #143
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Again in real life the truth is Charles has never been as good as McFadden was last year pre injury. RBs have a very short shelf life these days in 3 year thei list will be totally different not sure what that has to do with Madden to 10.
2011 Darren McFadden - 7 games (basically 6), 113 carries, 614 yards, 19 receptions, 154 yards, 5 touchdowns

2009 Jamaal Charles last 4 games - 94 carries, 658 yards, 13 receptions, 79 yards, 4 touchdowns

In 2010, Charles ran for 310 more yards on just 7 more carries.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #144
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalykind
umm...where is mcfadden???? i know jamal charles didnt even play last year so how is he even in the list at least mcfadden was leading the leage the first couple games then got injured....i guess donnie and the crew just pick the top ten out of a hat blind folded and its just names that are popular i guess....somebody explain please!
Including Mcfadden and excluding Charles is a bit ridiculous imo. Charles numbers are better than DMACs and Charles is a career 6.1 YPC runner. Im not saying that DMAC doesnt belong anywhere in the top ten, but definitely not above Charles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »