Home

Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Running Backs

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Running Backs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #161
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Running Backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinals57
I wish Madden did ratings like Fifa does, have the best players in the game around low 90's( I think Messi is a 94) and then good to great players in the 80's. IMO the only people who should be getting 96-99 are the greatest players the game has ever seen. You'd have your Sanders, Rice, Unitas type players as high 90's because they are some of the best players to ever play the game.
I agree with you on FIFA. They do it very nicely with players being good at specific things and separating the average from the good from the elite. You can really feel the difference when running around with the players. It gets even better when you pass and shoot. Makes you really have to be smart about who you use to do what. Everyone in madden feels pretty much the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 01:24 AM   #162
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4

Honestly just leave the ratings alone. Many of you have biased opinions, like myself. You can rearrange the top 10 players all you want. They're still all gonna be good when it all comes down to it. Sure they left some players out. Whippty doo. I'm sure they're not to far behind number 10 on the list..

Edit: Remember this isn't a "Top 10 RB list in the league" It's a Top 10 rated running backs in madden... You think MJD is better than AP? You decide.

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon

Last edited by Gaycandybacon; 08-08-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:28 AM   #163
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by balcobomber25
The problem with these ratings debates is most people are comparing apples to oranges. Everyone keeps bringing up the same tired argument along the lines of a 95 or higher is reserved to once in a lifetime players that belong in the hall of fame. If they were compiling a list ranking the all time greats that argument might apply but they are not they are simply ranking the BEST IN THE GAME TODAY on a scale of 0-100 with 0 being the absolute worst and 100 being the best at his position. Everyone is trying to make this into something that it is not.
As soon as EA put the legends in the game, the ratings became based on "all time" because the legends are using the same ratings as the rest of the players. Like I said earlier, you can't have Barry Sanders rated at 99, then have MJD just 2 points below him. It just ain't right.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:56 AM   #164
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
As soon as EA put the legends in the game, the ratings became based on "all time" because the legends are using the same ratings as the rest of the players. Like I said earlier, you can't have Barry Sanders rated at 99, then have MJD just 2 points below him. It just ain't right.
Why not? The game is played at a higher level than the years before. Sanders and Jerry Rice were basically modern day players in an era where it was still being fleshed out what exactly makes a player good or how to orchestrate an effective and consistence offense or defense.

It's absurd to think that Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, or any legendary player has a sacred cow attribute on them where it's sacrilegious to equate them to modern day players.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:31 AM   #165
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Again we let OVR dictate our opinions of a player. Frank Gore is one of the best pure runners in football. He lost a step for sure, but he is still fast. He isn't Marshal Faulk or Brian Westbrook coming out of the backfield, but when it comes to pounding the rock between the tackles... or outside, he has been one of the best we have seen play.

In Madden 12 I adjusted his ratings. Some up, some down. His OVR is like a 92 in my game.

I love watching Frank and Danny Woodhead. Most of the backs in the NFL right now I could honestly care less about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 02:58 AM   #166
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet49
Why not? The game is played at a higher level than the years before. Sanders and Jerry Rice were basically modern day players in an era where it was still being fleshed out what exactly makes a player good or how to orchestrate an effective and consistence offense or defense.

It's absurd to think that Jerry Rice, Barry Sanders, or any legendary player has a sacred cow attribute on them where it's sacrilegious to equate them to modern day players.
That very debatable particularly on offense. I think players are much better conditioned and I think Defensive players are much better now, however I would rather have a QB,RB or (top tier) WR from the late 80-early 90s over our best now I do think to position are deeper now. JMHO
Old 08-08-2012, 11:16 AM   #167
Rookie

OVR: 0
Much Respect To Marshall but come on EA , his voice overs are awful
Old 08-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #168
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet49

Huh? You must be young. I don't mean that as an insult or anything. I'm just assuming you didn't watch them play. When I made my post I wasn't talking about statistics or anything. I was basing it off the eye test, my eyes to be specific lol. My eyes that watched most of Barry Sanders and Jerry Rice's career and all of everyone that came after.

Now Jerry Rice isn't as untouchable ratings wise, IMO, as Barry Sanders because Rice wasn't necessarily the biggest or the fastest, or anything like that. He just knew how to run the hell out of a route and was just overall very smart on the field. I honestly feel that players like Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald definitely deserve to be right up there with Rice.

Barry Sanders tho, was simply the most amazing player I've ever seen play in my lifetime(I'm 33). He was not some modern day player, playing in a different time because I haven't seen ANY modern day player do what he did on a consistent basis. He had 5 yd runs that were better than any run most RB's have in their whole career. When you put players like him into the game, you have to have a definite separation between him and modern day players. He was the epitome of a 99 OVR player. You don't do him justice to put MJD 2 points below him.

Overall tho, my point was that it's ok to have the scale rated among today's player as long as all you got are today's players in the game. Once you added the legends into the game tho, the rating scale has to be skewed to show the difference between a player that's considered a "legend" and a player that's good now. Jamaal Charles is nowhere near a legend at this point in his career, so why is his rating near one?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »