Home

Madden NFL 13 Roster Update Details - Week 2 For Play Now, CCM Gets 53 Man Roster

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Roster Update Details - Week 2 For Play Now, CCM Gets 53 Man Roster within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #25
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 13 Roster Update Details - Week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
I respectfully say you couldn't be more incorrect. Ogletree in real life has progressed significantly (through camp and preseason). He showed it against the Super Bowl champs on opening night repeatedly beating them off the jam and embarrassing Corey Webster (94 press) to Ogletree's (54ish release) so in Madden Ogletree would rarely if ever win that matchup of the line of scrimmage.

Ogletree is also a better route runner than Dez is. Here's the increase I requested for Tree which equates to a 74 OVR.

Kevin Ogletree:
Route Running from 65 to 77 (one of the best route runners on the team)
Release from 51 to 79 (is excellent at beating press off the line, repeatedly beat Giants corners off the LOS many times on slants)
Catch from 75 to 78

The 77 Route running makes him a slightly better route runner than Dez

The 79 Release will allow him to win off the LOS once in awhile

So no, no homerism here

Matter of fact here's my entire list that includes a significant downgrade of Felix Jones. Heck I didn't even request Tony to get boosted.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/j8ul5k

I understand what you're saying about traits and I tried to reflect that with Tony by raising his consistency rather than ratings, but last year just about every other team other than Dallas wasn't touched when it came to traits because I was the only one sending them in for my team.
Even though the ratings boost probably is realistic, I'm just saying I doubt if we would see it as high if he played for a less popular team, that's all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #26
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Even though the ratings boost probably is realistic, I'm just saying I doubt if we would see it as high if he played for a less popular team, that's all.
I'd say if someone did it on primetime ON THE ROAD opening night against the superbowl champs beating a #1 corner (Webster) like a drum that they'd get the same treatment regardless. I could say similar things about Bosh being higher than Aldridge, it's a gas!
Old 09-13-2012, 12:11 PM   #27
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
He showed it against the Super Bowl champs on opening night repeatedly beating them off the jam and embarrassing Corey Webster (94 press) to Ogletree's (54ish release) so in Madden Ogletree would rarely if ever win that matchup of the line of scrimmage.
Not to be trivial or to take the thread off topic, but outside of last week, do you have any other examples? That's my point. You seem to be focusing on last weeks results and some speculation in the preseason. Speculation also said that Dez looked like a better route runner in camp and in the preseason FWIW.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:16 PM   #28
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I'd say if someone did it on primetime ON THE ROAD opening night against the superbowl champs beating a #1 corner (Webster) like a drum that they'd get the same treatment regardless. I could say similar things about Bosh being higher than Aldridge, it's a gas!
I don't know if they would, usually they would get like +4 or 5, but not 7. Look at Alfred Morris, he had almost 100 yards and 2 TDs against the Saints on the road in his pro debut, he got +4.

Even as a huge Heat fan (for much longer than just the past 2 years), you won't get an argument from me that Bosh should be higher than Aldridge, Aldridge is nasty.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:17 PM   #29
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Not to be trivial or to take the thread off topic, but outside of last week, do you have any other examples? That's my point. You seem to be focusing on last weeks results and some speculation in the preseason. Speculation also said that Dez looked like a better route runner in camp and in the preseason FWIW.
Nope, sure don't and that only makes sense being that Tree has been buried on the depth chart for three years due to his lack of focus and work ethic. This year that's all changed. Sometimes there are justified increases (DeMarco Murray last year, Miles Austin a few years before, Romo in 06'). I understand what you're saying, use the confidence trait until they prove themselves. The only flaw in that is if a base rating is so far off that it needs changed.

I have a question for you? What does confidence affect? Should Ogletree have amazing hands just because his confidence is boosted, no, as Ogletree is still susceptible to the occasionally dropped ball.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #30
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
I don't know if they would, usually they would get like +4 or 5, but not 7. Look at Alfred Morris, he had almost 100 yards and 2 TDs against the Saints on the road in his pro debut, he got +4.

Even as a huge Heat fan (for much longer than just the past 2 years), you won't get an argument from me that Bosh should be higher than Aldridge, Aldridge is nasty.
Thing is that Alfred Morris doesn't have tremendous speed so you can only increase him so much. I'm sure his speed stayed relatively the same. A perfect example is LeSean McCoy last year, he had a great year but doesn't have power in his runs therefor you can max out his agility and elusiveness but his truck can only go so high? Make sense?
Old 09-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #31
Pro

kc10785's Arena

OVR: 6
Forget about Ogletree. I think a couple other players on the team needed a boost
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #32
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 13 Roster Update Details - Week 2 For Play Now, CCM Gets 53 Man Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc10785
Forget about Ogletree. I think a couple other players on the team needed a boost
Bruce Carter IMO needed a big boost but that will come in time. He looked fantastic, hopefully he keeps it up. Block Shed (69) could use a big increase, he shed multiple blocks and stuffed the run on Wednesday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »