Home

Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2013, 04:20 AM   #81
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 25 Hands On Impressions, Three Articles From UTC

Why do some people keep saying they are going to use the Battlefield engine Frostbite in Madden, can somebody point me to a source of this information? Frostbite is a engine for destructible environments right? How will this help improve sports games like Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #82
Rookie

Wanzibar's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Why do some people keep saying they are going to use the Battlefield engine Frostbite in Madden, can somebody point me to a source of this information? Frostbite is a engine for destructible environments right? How will this help improve sports games like Madden?
put in a cheat code to play a game in Gotham City, Bane then destroys the field during the opening kickoff!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #83
16 Time World Champion

Nature_Boy's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
How many GCs are there on-staff? Between two community events and (I'm guessing) three guys, assuming each person played five hours each time, that's 30 total hours.

This is just me wild-guessing, admittedly.
We have 15 members on staff. 14 of which are Game Changers.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #84
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
It's a graphics/physics engine.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #85
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
They probably touched it up a little, but I can assure you there was no overhaul to OL/DL animations. Believe me, if they overhauled line play that would be their #1 selling point.

EA needs to do three main things as far as OL/DL play goes:

1. Add animations- TONS OF ANIMATIONS. Literally 250 +
2. Get rid of the static "patty cake" blocking they have now, and add a sense of struggle and IMPACT to blocks.
3. Get rid of the coin flip "Win or Lose animation that plays out every time". Replace it with the ability to drive blocks forward, back, left or right.

Also, completely re-write the Defensive End programming. Pass rushing is such a HUGE part of football and it is an absolute disaster in Madden.
Ummm...no offense but the casual fan doesn't give a rats arse about line play--they really dont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #86
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Is the a serious request? lol

I might turn out to be completely wrong but I have definitely provided sources for my speculation. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nch-title.html

Also you can judge this tweet for yourself but it does seem to at least hint at Frostbite 3 being for FIFA 14, likely on the new consoles. If true that would clearly set the stage for Madden on the new consoles to be using it too. In my layman's opinion, it seems EA has decided to go with one engine across the board for developing their next-gen games, partly for the increased benefit of increased tech sharing.

Going at little deeper into speculation, it seems the testing ground for this was using FIFA/Madden ANT animations system, in Battlefield 3/Frostbite. So it would seem a natural transition to have those sports games run on Frostbite and taking advantage of all Frostbite's other benefits. One of the biggest visual complaints for Madden and FIFA this console gen have been the static crowds and sidelines, which is definitely something Frostbite could bring to the sports table, a completely interactive environment. Not to mention the way EA seems to gush about how well Frostbite should integrate with developing for the new consoles.

Anyway, I'll stop now because this is all either simply right or drastically wrong, lol.
Old 04-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #87
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

It would seem to make financial and efficiency sense to use one engine and Frostbite seems to be the engine of the future; killing the once great Unreal Engine...Though CryEngine 3 is badass; EA obviously will not use it but may be influenced by its capabilities...
Old 04-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #88
Rookie

mustard_tits's Arena

OVR: 0
The last tolerable (let alone "great") Madden game was '09 IMHO.

So sick of EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »